Bunkie

Very interesting topic. I personally have had my own ideas when it came around to Park Rangers, will add mine here as well as just an addition to my outlooks and of course can still come to discussion and differences of the idea on the table.

Hunting Changes & Introductory of Park Rangers

Goals with these changes

- Increase the incentive to hunting, opening the player base to a more enjoyable experience when doing so.
- Addition of a new faction to bring RP for players to look towards
- Assist with current issues we see frequently when it comes to hunting.

New Areas of Interest for Hunting ("Jurisdictions for Park Rangers")
Fx7ye08.jpeg

These circled areas would be newly made hunting zones where animals would frequently spawn

Hunting License
- The addition of a hunting license. Players would be able to interact with Park Rangers and acquire a Hunting License (This would be done with a command of /givehunting ID) This license would attach onto their /license
- The hunting license is a privilege and it can be revoked at any time must a Park Ranger find a player in violation of standard Hunting Regulations, such as; using their hunting rifle outside of designated hunting grounds, and/or using it for lethal use against another player.

Hunting Rifles - Musket
- Players will now be able to purchase a hunting rifle or a musket from any Gun Store on the map must the owner stock them, these are to be regulated and used for hunting and nothing more

New Freelance Job - Hunting
- A new Freelance Job is now added at the Park Ranger Station, Players are required to go and start this job prior from beginning to hunt
- The global usage of /gut would be disabled and only available if you're actively working this new freelance job
- When you're doing /gut, there is now an RNG Based Price of Value when it comes to selling meat. Going from Really Good/Average/Or even no meat at all.
(Farming is an example as when the wheat stays for so long it lowers in value)

Park Rangers - New Faction

- Park Rangers are introduced into ECRP. The roles of a park ranger are listed as Armed Peace Officers, with authority throughout the state, on and off duty.
- Park Ranger Station would be situated near Lake Vinewood - MLO Support
- Park Rangers would focus on wildlife crimes, as well as assisting with narcotic enforcement.
- Park Rangers would assist with handling Hunting Licenses.
- They would not have any jurisdiction, but would mainly focus on wildlife and narcotics. They are to not focus on day to day street crime but are to report it to the proper LEO.
- Their Bureau would fall under any area labeled as Hunting Grounds, ensuring that citizens are following within the guidelines.

Rank Structure of Park Rangers with Salaries

Director - $8,000

Chief Deputy Director - $8,000

Deputy Director - $8,000

Division Chief - $7,500

Superintendent V - $7,250

Superintendent IV - $7,250

Superintendent III - $7,000

Superintendent II - $6,750

Superintendent I - $6,500

Supervisor - $6,250

Ranger - $6,000

Cadet - $5,000

New additions to the Penal Code
To follow in line with the addition of Park Rangers, new citations would be needed for Park Rangers to apply onto citizens.

New Charges to add:
Hunting Outside of Hunting Grounds - Citation
Hunting while in a Motor Vehicle (Shooting from inside the vehicle) - Citation
Hunting Without a Valid Hunting License - Misdemeanor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While this is my take on it, your take is still just as good. It'd be very interesting to see. As for the debate around the factions we have I think that's something that could be combatted with what a Park Ranger actually enforces on their day to day job, as they would be more focused towards wildlife and not day to day street crimes.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

With the two really planned out ideas above, combining both of them would be the best. However I think this would only be something considered useful if hunting ever got an update, since right now its not really viable for park rangers since there are so few animals. 

I do believe this is an amazing faction that could should be added to the server!

Massive +1, I would love to help make a combined effort at some point if hunting was updated with you all 🙂

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bala said:

Appreciate the amount of effort you put in, but I think there is already debateable justification for the police factions we have. Adding a third one wouldn't be a good move.

Being that according to the author it would be a division of the LSSD, I think it actually gives more justification for jurisdictions, as the LSSD will be more effectively able to enforce that part of their jurisdiction with this new division.

• Like 1

Massive +1, would love to see sort of a Game Warden/Park Ranger's office in the city somewhere and it would create more RP opportunities for the civilians while hunting as well. If you combined both ideas correctly you could have so much fun with crim/cop RP too! I know it would take a lot of work and development time, but it could have such great possibilities and positive impacts all across the board for everyone.
10/10 idea.

• Like 1

I'm not in SD, even though I've heard through the grape that it's the best D but from the outside, I'm not sure that there would be enough RP derived from just hunting to sustain even a division within a department to be completely honest.

Nice idea but I think there was a window where it might have made sense for the server but that went a while back.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, Bala said:

I'm not sure that there would be enough RP derived from just hunting to sustain even a division within a department to be completely honest.

Honestly, adding a faction (or as OP stated, a subsect of a current faction) could breathe new life into hunting. Fixing spawn rate of animals and adding a faction that regularly interacts with hunters would also add a different style of RP. I personally think that this also could fix the common player thought on LEO's being about winning, because realisticly, this faction wouldn't be able to make serious arrests, instead they would just confiscate and issue a ticket. Frankly, I think the Sheriff's Department would be the perfect department to add this division to, as we already have the IC knowledge of the lay of the land. 

Personally, the only issue I see with this is the fact that right now the script for hunting is less than ideal. It is obviously realistic that you wouldn't see an animal every five minutes, but currently you maybe see one animal every ten minutes or so and only get $200 for it. To solve this issue and bring life back into hunting, the devs would need to either up the spawnrate OR increase the payment received from hunting. 

I also think that a hunting update could bring about cool non-LEO factions that focus on showing off their trophies and hold cool hunting events. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.