Buggs

There May Be Some Things Broke Here...

Some fruit for thought...

We've all heard it in the microphones that peak and the reports and bans that remain denied, and maybe it's wrong to say, but I've seen it in the population on the server. There's something going, and I am hoping to make this as a way to bring light to a few issues, that I hope can change in the future. I would like to note that this isn't just an Admins suck or PD is bad. Admins don't suck and PD isn't all bad. There are many times that the community has had to watch Admins behave improperly, but receive no punishment. However, when regular citizens behave in the same way we are held to different standards. Which brings me to the first point:

1. Having [Admin] next to your name does not make you immune to rules.

I understand that [Admin] means you're currently oocly operating on the server. However, when you run around doing things like randomly trying peoples cars for fun or messing with people on the server and slapping them into the air. These are things you are doing to people currently icly roleplaying. The standard you are setting for the server is already reduced as this excessively breaks immersion. Comical to watch and experience, but does not promote the serious RP that is suggested by the punishments in reports and bans.

2. Patience is needed and required for almost every interaction on the server, so... let's be more patient.

I have experienced rp when I actually enjoy being robbed or tortured. At times we can all be very win focused or rushed, however if we take some time to allow rp to play out and enjoy the possible scene someone has started. On the other hand, if you are choosing to rob someone, have some other reason besides getting a gun or some extra things. Sometimes taking the time to make your own money can help the server out more than taking it from someone else. It's not always about how you can get above others, but giving a reason to your actions besides being a little kid at a candy store.

On the other hand, when you're being robbed... let it play out sometimes. Don't try to do everything to get around the rules. I know we all read them and interoperate them in our own ways and we are all scared of being sent to the forums... however I have had some of the best experiences from being "kidnapped" by people. People can surprise you if you give them the room to! This goes out to all members of legal factions, enjoy being taken hostage next time and play scared. See what happens, and get dramatic.

3. 25k for a refund is so specific, if a rule is broken someone should be refunded.

Taking into account that most LEO's make around 5-8k an hour losing 25k would mean that they are forced to lose 4 to 5 hours of time before they can get back what they should rightfully have in the first place. This can also be counterintuitive to the way the server works. If you want citizens to stay legal leaving the amount at such a high price and so specific means that the average person trying to stay legal loses the most when rules are broken. I believe that if a rule is broken the reporting party should receive their stuff back or the equivalent amount in money. Everyone wants to follow the rules and want to report when a rule is broken.

Today I experienced a rule break where I lost a legal .50, a bag (full of pain killers, coffee, and doughnuts), a set of gloves, a radio, knife, three notes, a lottery ticket, 7 lockpicks, 7 empty waters, and a fishing rod. I reported the DM immediately, passed the video evidence through the proper methods, and waited for a response. I learned the hard lesson today that doing it this way only hurts the reporting party (aka me). After reporting in game I got back a .50, three notes, my bag (complete with contents), gloves, 7 lockpicks, a knife, and 7 empty waters. This was until I looked back at my video once again, and mentioned to the admin that the .50 I received wasn't mine. They proceeded to take the .50 and tell me I was given my original .50 and that .50 he took wasn't mine. At this point I have lost around 20k (.50 valued at around 16-20k, fishing rod (750-2k depending on the store), and a radio (1-2k) and a lottery ticket (500). I asked if I could return the few items given to me, in order to make it a full 25k loss, available for a refund, but was denied.

Multiple people reported the incident. If I had chosen to say nothing about the difference in bullets compared to my original gun, I would've at least had A .50. Maybe not my legal licensed one, but at least I would've had one. On top of that being told I was given back my original gun, when I wasn't kinda stunk,

4. Being more open about punishments, why, and when they happen can only help with further understanding of the rules and punishment equality.

Allowing for all on the server to understand what earns an admin jail or a ban would make people more aware of the specifics of rules and how to apply them to their everyday encounters. It would also allow for the presence of admins to be felt, as well as the ownership of those who break the rules. What I mean by this, is having a global message go out to the server whenever someone is banned/ajailed. I myself have an admin record and have been banned, but I have also learned from my mistakes. I have no problem telling others, so that they can learn from my mistakes. I would hope that others have the same mentality.

Alternatively the community wouldn't see things like two people being banned for the same thing, and only one being allowed a chance to explain their side.

In the end, The point isn't to trash or to call out admins. The point is to ask for people to understand where we could all improve, myself included. Maybe the next time you log onto ECRP come in with a different mentality, and see what scenes others are trying to create before instantly charging in. I didn't link any evidence or post any videos because this really isn't meant to call specific people out.

What do you think?

Edited by Olivia Can
  • Like 2

I don’t agree with everything that was said but I do want to give special attention to your point #2 about patience and roleplay!

I am in total agreement with you and I also want this message to be as widespread as possible! 
Take your time to roleplay and emphasis depth in your actions.

I genuinely come out of some scenarios feeling exuberantly happy because of the level of roleplay I received from some players. It’s a pleasure to roleplay with the use of actions, words, feelings and immersion. The use of /me’s and /do’s and taking the time to add them. It is frustrating to try and create immersive roleplay when the other person bases their roleplay exclusively through VOIP. 
And whilst to each their own, I can only encourage people to step out of their comfort zones and give it a go!

• Upvote 2

It is very unfair to ban people without giving them a chance to justify themselves. My friend was just recently banned, although he didn't even cheat. And there is no way to prove that my friend is not a cheater. My friend has already tried to write to support, but all he got in response was, "Sorry, but there's nothing we can do to help. You have been banned forever for using third-party programs.". Why would anyone use third-party programs in Grand Theft Auto at all? There is no point or pleasure in it. Although on the other hand, any user can type into Google cheat services, so don't blame the players for everything.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, zackyums said:

It is very unfair to ban people without giving them a chance to justify themselves. My friend was just recently banned, although he didn't even cheat. And there is no way to prove that my friend is not a cheater. My friend has already tried to write to support, but all he got in response was, "Sorry, but there's nothing we can do to help. You have been banned forever for using third-party programs.". Why would anyone use third-party programs in Grand Theft Auto at all? There is no point or pleasure in it. Although on the other hand, any user can type into Google iwantcheats.net, so don't blame the players for everything.

If he was banned for cheating, they had evidence and your friend is lying....... 💀

Edited by dominykas