Ultra3D

Rulebreaks and RP

On 10/31/2021 at 1:28 PM, Angelo Capone said:

Times have changed, more punishments are being handed out now due to more reports being made. And the last sentence you said sums up the issue with the crim vs legal side of the server. Most moderators plus are either legal or cartel what makes decisions with reports heavily biased.

This couldn't be further from the truth. If you were around for any of the larger scale gang wars or during the times of heightened conflict between PD/Crim you'd see that the report culture in earlier years was a whole different beast to now.

17 minutes ago, Zion Willard said:

This couldn't be further from the truth. If you were around for any of the larger scale gang wars or during the times of heightened conflict between PD/Crim you'd see that the report culture in earlier years was a whole different beast to now.

Its worse. Even since December of 2019 when I joined I have seen petty reports skyrocket and rules become more strict.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3D said:

Its worse. Even since December of 2019 when I joined I have seen petty reports skyrocket and rules become more strict.

Not even close. In 2019 people would stockpile rulebreak clips for one person and then spam 5-10 reports on them at one time. You might feel that petty reports are more common now but you couldn't be more wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zion Willard said:

Not even close. In 2019 people would stockpile rulebreak clips for one person and then spam 5-10 reports on them at one time. You might feel that petty reports are more common now but you couldn't be more wrong.

How during the Zeta days people handled things ingame. Now people get reported for saying "fuck you" once in ooc. So I believe you are very wrong.

Edited by Ultra3D

25 minutes ago, Ultra3D said:

How during the Zeta days people handled things ingame. Not people get reported for saying "fuck you" once in ooc. So I believe you are very wrong.

As an ex-zeta, I can confirm there were far more petty reports and far more reports overall, both from and against us. There were a few occasions when people were reported for saying "shut up" or "stop talking kid" in OOC. These numbers greatly increased during wars, of which there were many.

1 hour ago, jason said:

As an ex-zeta, I can confirm there were far more petty reports and far more reports overall, both from and against us. There were a few occasions when people were reported for saying "shut up" or "stop talking kid" in OOC. These numbers greatly increased during wars, of which there were many.

Well maybe im coming at this from the wrong angle. I can agree that during wars there is always going to be increased reports because 90% of the time it becomes a IC and OOC war but maybe you are right about there being more reports but maybe the issue is not the amount of reports but how many are being accepted. I don't know if you even agree with this but maybe the reason that people think reports are a bigger and bigger issue is not because of the quantity but how many lately have been going through even when similar situation get denied. I can provide examples of this happening but even if not I still feel that more and more reports get accepted and more and more reports skip the two partys trying to work it out.

5 hours ago, Zion Willard said:

Should of worded my comment a little better, I'm on about the punishments given out are a lot more harsher and less forgiven compared to back then. I've played criminal for about a year and round that time your on about i was legal. I agree there was a lot of reports back then, to now with only a few hundred on the server at peak time, however im mainly focusing on earlier this year when the player count was reaching 600 and permanent bans were getting handed out like warnings.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:50 AM, Angelo Capone said:

however im mainly focusing on earlier this year when the player count was reaching 600 and permanent bans were getting handed out like warnings.

More players = more people breaking serious rules. If you're referring to the bans associated with goblins/fog/vory/67 - just because you don't know exactly what happened doesn't mean they weren't warranted. Personally I agree that permanent bans for seasoned veterans after a minor rule-breach is excessive, and could/should be changed but that's just my personal opinion. This discussion has happened many times, and senior staff has consistently stated they will not change punishment guidelines.

Why not have it so the punishments will eventually fall off based on play time in the server such as actively roleplaying for x amount of time let's a nonrp fall off and become a warning or just be voided, vice versa for the other rulebreaks. As if I had a DM1 in January and got one today in November I'd be banned, 3 months of active roleplay could reduce the dm to a waring for the future.

• Upvote 2

At this point I want staff to close this, its a useless topic and I just cant be asked at this point.

Even when I request a report be dropped 3 times when Im asked why and told they push the report through and I receive a punishment because of a missunderstanding. Im done reporting as it is a wait of time and will eventually get myself banned. This is what reports have come to, you cant even drop report anymore and every report, valid or not just leads to issues so reporting is usless.

Edited by Ultra3D

1 minute ago, jason said:

We are not obligated/forced to drop reports upon request. If we consider a rulebreak egregious enough we choose to carry forward with them.

This is why Im just going to keep to ingame reports. The risk to redemption" is not good enough at this point. I don't know what changed but it seems like staff get you for the littlest things like saying "I don't hear them if you get what I mean". Like I was punishment free for over a year now every week its something new. So this is what its come to. I don't see this thread doing anything at this point to change/benefit the community so can it be archived.

• Like 1