Amir

Huge Suggestions Thread

Hey everybody,

Just a little background information from me before I begin. I have been playing SA-MP for about 5 years and I have also been playing a light RP server for about 3 or 4 years. On that server I was director of gang management, a high ranking admin and held a racing family for a significant amount of time.

These suggestions that I am putting forward are simply some of the stuff which I found was useful for everyone on the server and helped build the community. These suggestions are for everyone to discuss and add to as they please.

I would also like to say that I have been looking for a light RP server on GTA:V for a very long time and this has the base script to go very far and is already becoming a successful role play server in my opinion. Now onto the suggestions.

Trucker Radio

This would be a simple command (/tr) which allows all truckers in a truck to use a radio. This radio would be IC and would allow information to be passed between truckers and can also be used for some friendly conversation. For example, "/tr There is a roadblock near the PD, try using an alternative route around the side to deliver goods to the Binco".

Showing groups in family radio

Currently families have /fc which allows them to speak with a radio to each other. Although it is IC, it would be nice to show which group that member belongs to, in order to enforce authority etc. They could be set up like: [Radio] (Leader) Subz_Villain: Hello newcomers!.

Phones

Phones can be bought at any convenience store and a phone number is automatically assigned. The length of the phone number can be 4-8 digits long. This allows texts to be sent to people or private phone calls made, providing they know someones phone number. However, when speaking on the phone, it can still be heard by surrounding members of public so any real private calls will still need to be made in a private conversation. (The other person on the phone still will not be able to be heard)

Advertisement stores

These can be small player owned business which allow ads to be places by members of the public. A 'cheap' add can be placed where players can go inside the ad store, look at the notice board, and see a list of those ads. An 'expensive' add can be bought which shows a server broadcast which the ad. A phone number is required to place an ad so users can enquirer about the add. Global ads will need to be legal as LSPD can respond to an illegal ad and use the ad as evidence. For example "Selling a nice custom fitted Elegy. Call me for prices. -Amir_Villain (ph:12345)"

Materials and gun crafting

This could incorporate the iron and copper bars already in the game, but some sort of crafting method for civilians to create their own illegal weapons. Better guns need more resources and all guns crafted this way will be illegal. I guess a weapon ID can be assigned to legal guns, and illegal guns would have no ID, meaning they are illegal. This would add a secure means of checking by the police rather than just RPing it.

Point

Point is an OOC activity which families take part to control certain landmarks. A capture point will become active within the boundaries of the landmark and families will have to capture and hold the point for 10 minutes to hold the point for 12-23hrs. During that time, the landmark accumulates cash, depending on the landmark. Family leaders can then withdraw the money and use it as they please. Factions and civilians will not be allowed to participate.

• Upvote 1

These ideas are good. I can agree with most of them, because our team has had similar ideas too. Like implementing turfs for criminal factions which would allow them to build influence in the turf area and demand protection money from local business located within that turf etc..

I believe the trucker job could eventually be integrated as a faction which would solve the chat issue.

The group name in /fc will be included in one of the upcoming updates.

Other ideas may be implemented one by one during a later stage of development.

Currently, scattered around the map are delivery locations, once a day, a random small shipment of drugs and weapons can appear. The only problem with this is it forces everyone out of the city and creates an OOC activity, which is the exact opposite of what the server is about. I'm all open to ideas for criminal activities though.

I like the idea of the trucker radio and that can be a small addition until we integrate it into a commercial faction.

Phones are planned.

It's 2017, we don't need an ad board! We have smart phones! much easier to implement and means we can simulate a "craigslist" type ad board.

I like the idea of legal and illegal guns, those guns crafted by the player wouldn't have a unique id and therefore be illegal. Whereas those imported by gangs and sold by gun stores be legal.

Good thoughts!

I don't like the trucker radio, why not just implement a radio system with frequencies and password.

That way everyone could communicate, factions / criminals/Truckers.

Also this should be IC only, and it should be possible for everyone very close to the guy with a radio to see the chat.