woozie

Animals teleporting while being hunted.

Date and time (provide timezone):  23.09.2021 17:34 +2GMT

Character name: Dimitry Zinchenko

Issue/bug you are reporting:  Animal that I am trying to hunt (mostly rats) are teleporting while I am hitting them. They disappear and reappear in close by places making it impossible to hunt.

Expected behavior:  They should maintain in sight and not TP all around the area.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate:  Find a rat, try hitting the rat while it moves.

• Upvote 1

I log a lot of hours hunting and I can confirm this issue. It seems like you sometimes come across the "ghost" of an animal. Meaning, an animal that was already killed by someone else. Right before interacting with it, it just disappears. It also seems like maybe some animals teleport back to the original spawn locations if they wander too far from that original spawn area. There are times I am trying to kill an animal and it just disappears, then reappears in a different position in the area.

thats not a big issue to me, the trick is u drive away a few  meters and drive back a few times, the issue i have is the animals glitching into the mountains at all sites including lumber, u can hear them but they aren't there, after seeing 2 chickens come out of a freaking mountain i can confirm that  alot of them end up runing and clipping into the ground eventually walkings underneath the map where you can't reach them, another reason why alot of times when hunting grounds are empty and no one is hunting there, you still don't find anything. at least thats my take on it xD correct me if im wrong ofcourse.

2 hours ago, MistNinja said:

thats not a big issue to me, the trick is u drive away a few  meters and drive back a few times, the issue i have is the animals glitching into the mountains at all sites including lumber, u can hear them but they aren't there, after seeing 2 chickens come out of a freaking mountain i can confirm that  alot of them end up runing and clipping into the ground eventually walkings underneath the map where you can't reach them, another reason why alot of times when hunting grounds are empty and no one is hunting there, you still don't find anything. at least thats my take on it xD correct me if im wrong ofcourse.

I'm sure you are right on the money there. There are times that I'll be out hunting and not see another soul around, yet the animals are so scarce. Damn animals are exploiting 😄