Mike Bradey

Having an ID card/Licence instead of doing /licence.

This was just an idea I thought of by seeing someone elses suggestion a bit similar to this.

By this I mean since the hand over feature was brought into ECRP I think it would be a great idea to have an ID card and it would mention what licence(s) you have. This ID card would contain your full name and date of birthday and maybe even the car registration numbers of the cars you own. I know that PD and SD can see through their MDC if its your car or not but I think It would be a pretty cool addition. Or else for a car when you get in you get the required paper work in your inventory automatically put in.

The ID card/Licence would be held in your clothing slot and could not be looted or lost.

To gain such ID card/Licence you would need to attend city hall and pay a fee.

For an officer to see the ID card/Licence you still need to Roleplay out the situation.

Vehicle Paperwork would also be located in the clothing clot and once again can not be looted or lost.

If the vehicle is sold, the paperwork automatically is transfered to the new owner and the registration comes off your ID Card/Licence.

• Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

+1

This is a great addition that I’d love to see added. Having to carry a license or ID in your inventory would create a bunch of new possibilities for roleplay! Same with car registration or even insurance. You can loose it and have to pay for a replacement or get a citation if you get stopped. Crim’s could purposely discard it to help cover their identities. Love the idea! 

-1, Not because I think it’s a bad idea, I just don’t see the point.

Yes this would be a cool addition but my question is, Why have devs work on this change instead of their other projects?

The devs right now have at least 3 big update projects they’re working on that have been shown, clothing, drugs, guns, and also banking and who knows what else they’re working on privately. They also have a plethora of stuff suggested by factions that need DEV support to introduce.

I just don’t see the point of the devs working out a whole system like this when they have way more important things to handle. I think this would be a good idea just not worth the amount of time and effort to implement when there’s more important matters.

+1000 

the amount of times I lose the licence in chat and have to ask for it again…

Allowing 2 options though:

“Show ID” & “show ID - allow alias”

this can allow you to show your ID to it auto aliases you to friends, no faffing about with commands! This doesn’t remove the /alias command but adds a quality of life update to the server. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, Shurples said:

+1000 

the amount of times I lose the licence in chat and have to ask for it again…

Allowing 2 options though:

“Show ID” & “show ID - allow alias”

this can allow you to show your ID to it auto aliases you to friends, no faffing about with commands! This doesn’t remove the /alias command but adds a quality of life update to the server. 

+1

+1 Couldn’t agree with this anymore, love this idea and think it would be a relatively easy change to implement!

Only potential issue I could imagine is that we are currently unable to use/hand items to people while driving a car. The devs would either need to fix this, or players would need to step out of the car to hand their license over. Either this, or just have a showID command like others have mentioned.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, NoewUH said:

+1 Couldn’t agree with this anymore, love this idea and think it would be a relatively easy change to implement!

Only potential issue I could imagine is that we are currently unable to use/hand items to people while driving a car. The devs would either need to fix this, or players would need to step out of the car to hand their license over. Either this, or just have a showID command like others have mentioned.

You can hand things out the window while driving. Criminals do it all the time with bags or guns while evading police.