CadenMarshall

Traffic Cameras - ruining my entire experience

First day back after 2 years.

I got a speeding ticket from a traffic camera, which I paid the ticket for.

My car was then impounded while I was inside the bank using the ATM.  Went to pick it up, and I was arrested AND JAILED because I had a warrant for reckless operation of a motor vehicle, and my license was suspended for '48 hours'.  Also, I guess if you drive while the license is suspended, you get a warrant for arrest for Operating a Motor Vehicle With a Suspended License, even if you have 0 interaction with any sort of law enforcement.  Apparently, this 48 hours suspension is in OOC time.  Shouldn't the jail sentence and the fine be enough of a punishment?  Why are there 3 punishments?  The irl 2 day license suspension is excessive and makes the server borderline unplayable, especially if there are automatic repercussions for entering a vehicle.

I have served an unavoidable 2 jail sentences, paid over 5k in fines, and can not drive for 2 irl days, all stemming from one Traffic Camera ticket.

Edited by CadenMarshall

This isn't really a suggestion is it, it's a complaint about stuff that happened IC.

• The cameras add a speeding ticket if you go over the speed limit. You went over the speed limit.
  • There is also a misdemeanour added if you go enough over the speed limit. You went enough over the speed limit.
    The consequence of getting the misdemeanour is your license is suspended.
  • There are parking pay meters at the bank for a reason, if you use the parking at the bank and don't pay for your parking, you are illegally parked. You didn't pay for your parking.

The speed cameras were introduced to regulate people going high speeds in areas with a lot of people. All of those things were avoidable. If you'd respected the speed limit and paid for your parking, then you wouldn't have two sentences, pay any fines and would be able to drive.

39 minutes ago, Bala said:

This isn't really a suggestion is it, it's a complaint about stuff that happened IC.

• The cameras add a speeding ticket if you go over the speed limit. You went over the speed limit.
  • There is also a misdemeanour added if you go enough over the speed limit. You went enough over the speed limit.
    The consequence of getting the misdemeanour is your license is suspended.
  • There are parking pay meters at the bank for a reason, if you use the parking at the bank and don't pay for your parking, you are illegally parked. You didn't pay for your parking.

The speed cameras were introduced to regulate people going high speeds in areas with a lot of people. All of those things were avoidable. If you'd respected the speed limit and paid for your parking, then you wouldn't have two sentences, pay any fines and would be able to drive.

My car at the bank was impounded because the plates were ran, and I had an outstanding warrant from the speeding camera, not for unpaid parking.  After being released from jail the first time, I checked my tickets and paid all the fines.  This doesn't explain the charge for driving with a suspended license or an extra parking fee when I  was never seen driving a vehicle after being released from jail and having my license suspended, or the extra parking ticket that was issued while my car is impounded.

Here's a suggestion; remove the arrest warrants from the speeding cameras and instead inflict a heavier fine.  There also should not be a license suspension linked to this in my opinion, or the duration of the suspension should be adjusted to be less time. Two full days of OOC time is way too long.  There isn't much you can do on foot on an RP server.  I haven't been able to play the game for 2 days because I'm stuck doing jail RP for a speeding ticket.

Edited by CadenMarshall

3 hours ago, Ricky Barker said:

Still not realistic to criminally charge the driver. With 0 evidence it was them driving. Should go to the plate, not the driver

if that happened, what is stopping me from stealing a enemies car and just going back and forth through a speed camera at 200+ getting them like 45+ reckless ops, would just be a massive headache for cops and admins that maybe would have to delete those manually. Starting out I got ALOT of speeding tickets but the camera locations never change so I just avoid or go slow through the exact areas. As for the warrant for driving on a suspended license I drive on a suspended license like 95% of the time never a warrant. Only when I get pulled over for speeding or something dumb and they ask for my license do they realize my license is suspended so idk where your warrant came from

7 hours ago, Ricky Barker said:

Photo radar NEVER goes on the drivers record IRL. It can’t be confirmed who was the driver of the vehicle, As it takes a picture of your rear plate. Shouldn’t go against a players record. 

In Denmark we have something called ATK cars, which is Automatic Traffic Control. They take pictures of the driver and sends it to the registered owner as for who committed the violation.

10 hours ago, CadenMarshall said:

First day back after 2 years.

I got a speeding ticket from a traffic camera, which I paid the ticket for.

My car was then impounded while I was inside the bank using the ATM.  Went to pick it up, and I was arrested AND JAILED because I had a warrant for reckless operation of a motor vehicle, and my license was suspended for '48 hours'.  Also, I guess if you drive while the license is suspended, you get a warrant for arrest for Operating a Motor Vehicle With a Suspended License, even if you have 0 interaction with any sort of law enforcement.  Apparently, this 48 hours suspension is in OOC time.  Shouldn't the jail sentence and the fine be enough of a punishment?  Why are there 3 punishments?  The irl 2 day license suspension is excessive and makes the server borderline unplayable, especially if there are automatic repercussions for entering a vehicle.

The only automatic item on your record you will ever get is reckless op, and IMO, if you went the speeds necessary it’s very warranted. There’s only a specific set of areas this can happen, and it’s the radiated thing in the world to avoid these.

Not as much a suggestion as a discussion, perhaps!

58 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

The only automatic item on your record you will ever get is reckless op

This is unfortunately not the case, as I was issued a warrant for Driving on a Suspended License without my knowledge.  I never saw anyone when I drove very briefly, and there most certainly was no interaction with law enforcement, so something must have triggered it automatically.

40 minutes ago, CadenMarshall said:

This is unfortunately not the case, as I was issued a warrant for Driving on a Suspended License without my knowledge.  I never saw anyone when I drove very briefly, and there most certainly was no interaction with law enforcement, so something must have triggered it automatically.

Literally not possible, cameras can’t add anything but speeding and reckless op, so it’s either been an officer that spotted you or someone who did so after the fact. 

9 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

Literally not possible, cameras can’t add anything but speeding and reckless op, so it’s either been an officer that spotted you or someone who did so after the fact. 

So police can just issue a charge to a player for driving without the player's knowledge? Or without verifying that the player is who they think it is? That's pretty wack.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, undead_vex said:

if that happened, what is stopping me from stealing a enemies car and just going back and forth through a speed camera at 200+ getting them like 45+ reckless ops, would just be a massive headache for cops and admins that maybe would have to delete those manually. Starting out I got ALOT of speeding tickets but the camera locations never change so I just avoid or go slow through the exact areas. As for the warrant for driving on a suspended license I drive on a suspended license like 95% of the time never a warrant. Only when I get pulled over for speeding or something dumb and they ask for my license do they realize my license is suspended so idk where your warrant came from

I agree with this. it is better with current system

4 hours ago, Jleoni said:

Follow up suggestion:
- Cameras do not work on bicycles (Not like these can break the limit in a super meaningful way, it's just a major annoyance and not realistic)
- RP way to cover up license plate (either reflective coating, or removal, etc.)

there are already ways to not get tickets from cameras. That is ic.

Also bicycles can get tickets.... 

4 hours ago, Jleoni said:

Cameras aren't only around the NCZs (pier)

Its an easy way to stop unintentional vdms. 

I like to believe that the cameras were added mainly to stop accidental vdms as stated by others. If you notice these cameras are placed near high traffic areas where most players in said area are casually walking around I can see how frustrating it could be to get ran over by some guy going 200 past bank while your crossing the street. Before the speed camera was added to the pier there would almost always be a player going 240 all the way down the pier which would result in a innocent player being injured. Since the introduction of the speed camera at the pier there was a lot less players being ran over.  Rather than just adding a server speed limit to these areas where you cant exceed a certain speed. The speed cameras were added to allow players to still be able to fly through these areas if they need to get somewhere quickly or are being chased adding IC consequences of speeding through these areas while still majorly reducing the random players being ran over.  

Edited by Symere