Marq22

Making it harder in a more REALLISTIC and FUN way to jack cars.

Well my suggestion is basically just making it more reallistic to actually turn a vehicle's engine on by adding something like a " toolkit " to the store and in order for someone to actually turn a car's engine on that's not his he has to type something like /hotwire and then he gets a scheme to complete or just waits like 60 seconds, you can even make it so that he can fail or succeed depending on luck. The reason why I'm suggesting this is because it's totally unreallistic how someone can just turn a car's engine on in a matter of like 2 seconds without having the keys, even if he was the biggest genius expert car jacking legend in the world he can't simply do that in a matter of 2 seconds, plus I think it would be more fun and more legit and it would make car jackers have to put way more effort into jacking a car including looking around them as there's time to wait, etc etc etc...

P.S : I understand this is a light RP server, however this is by no means close to a " heavy rp server " type of thing, however, a minimal level of realism should be there, especially when it comes to this thing, in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

+1

the 2 biggest downsides with letting people just get in and turn on a unlocked vehicle is that it limits car shows and mechanical RP.

Often on car meets people wanna show off their engine. But to have your hood open. the car need to be unlocked (that's also stupid IMO)

when it comes to mechanical RP. Mechanics get forced to be super careful at times when doing repairs/mods as unless there is staff online and able to help + the mechanic having video of RPing the car's engine being disabled in anyway. nothing prevents anyone from running in to bayview or LSC and just yoinking a car and chopping it.

+1

The toolkit idea is great. I feel like it should also allow you to repair like 100 HP or something on a vehicle. Would allow a lot more fun for anyone out there looking for scraps. 🙂 So many times I find a jackpot boost, but after aquiring keys for it, my hopes are dashed by the damn HP being 0. 

• Like 1

I saw a very better way to Lockpick a car and hotwire it on an OLD SAMP server.

A small puzzle should be made while lockpicking a car , like pressing Random keys on the keyboard such as number from ( 0 - 9 ) 

Example Press 4 ( You should press it fast depending on how long the script tells you like in 1 seconds ) then Press 2 ( 1 sec ) 4 , 7 , 2 , 1.  Until you successfully press all the number within the stated time frame like 10/10 and it unlocks, if you fail it will drop a bar like 6/10 then 5/10 and 4/10. ( You unlock a car of how much capable are you )

Hotwire should be like this.

A small puzzle just like the Single player game when your about to rob Fleeca bank but even more complicated so it doesn't be that easy to hotwire.

+1

I came here to see if this suggestion has been made. I think it could even be as simple at the lockpicking mechanism when it comes to breaking into a car. Even using bobby pins just the same way, so it actually takes some time to start a car without keys. Of course, the more involved (such as the puzzle suggestions) would be more fun. But just the simple solution of making it take extra time would be a great improvement.