EnkoY

Conrad McMount - Failed professional Ice Hockey player

My name is Conrad, Conrad McMount.
My grandparents always told me our bloodline was one of wise people, living high up in the mountains, away from all the commotion and close to the deities.

Yet somehow my father chose to become a professional Ice Hockey player in his lifetime and because of his passion, I was forced into the sport as well.
I wasn't interested in sports. I liked academics, adventure, psychology and politics. I wanted to be come a spy, somebody with connections reaching deep into the underground and high into the upper echelons of society.

Alas, Ice Hockey it was because who believes a child actually wants to be come a spy when they say so?

I spent years training, from early age on and developed extreme expertise in the sport. Made it to the pros in my 20's and ultimately joined the San Andreas Bears professional team, the crème de la crème of Ice Hockey. I've made friends for life within the team, guys who I would literally give my life for. Unfortunately at this level of competition, you not only make friends.
It soon became apparent that some people thought I only made it because of my father's legacy. I wasn't cut out to be a pro player and I didn't have what it takes to compete at the highest levels.
Honestly, I'm not even sure myself whether I was or not but that was entirely up to me to figure out and decide, not them.

Internal struggles developed, two camps shaped up and it was us 3 buddies against the rest of the team as we went into the final game of the season, against the Los Santos Ducks.
Tensions were high, stakes even higher and we lost. I still don't quite understand how, but I played like an absolute dog and, honestly, I think the Ducks were just better.
The criticism against my ability to compete at this level rose again. Heated discussions followed and, ultimately, the team screwed us over and left us to rot in this town.
Literally, they left with the bus that had all our bags, equipment and possessions on it and left us here, with nothing. No place to live, no money, no jobs, just 3 friends with a bond for life.

Shocked at first, we tried to get back but back home, they were convinced we were bought by the competition to lose the game. Matchfixing, they accused us of.
No way we could go back home because our town was livid and wanted our lives for what we had supposedly done to our great San Andreas Bears.

So we're here. We have nothing but eachother and a lot of willpower to make something of ourselves in this town.
Honestly I consider it a gift. I grew up wanting to do something entirely different than play Ice Hockey. Perhaps now I could finally follow my dreams and make something of myself in the international intelligence community. Or perhaps I'll start small... as a Private Investigator, building relations and connections.

Who knows, maybe this town won't be so harsh on us. This is a new start, an opportunity to make dreams come true.
I know I'll give it my best shot, that's for sure.

OOC: Played 2 years ago on another RP server as EMT, had a blast but the city died slowly because of poor management. I'm now looking to get back into RP with some friends that I've known almost my entire life. Synergy is great but we've never RP'd together before, so that'll be interesting!

Edited by EnkoY