Asuna.

Gunfights stemming from inside of bushes.

Often in the military snipers and frontline men will lay prone in front of or in-between bushes to take cover. This is used as a camouflage tactic to avoid being spotted by the enemy and also give them the upper hand on any given attack. Realistically people lay in front of or besides bushes, not inside of them. Walking through a thick bush that is as tall as your player is NonRP as it isn't realistic. Also being able to see from inside of a bush and initiate a gun fight is NonRP as how would your character have the mobility to grab and draw his weapon, aim and fire all whilst being contained inside of a thick bush with branches poking into them. Never mind the fact a bullet could hit a branch inside of the bush and fire off in any direction. Setting up ambushes and gaining the upper hand is a key part of any battle or war, but posting up inside bushes and shooting from them is extremely NonRP. However, laying in front of the bush or besides it in camo clothing to create a similar affect would be more realistic. Shooting from inside of a bush should never happen realistically. Scouting from behind or next to a bush is perfectly fine, but being sprayed through thick branches while there is a player inside of a bush is just unrealistic.  

Edited by Jay Asuna
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1

Let me ask you this, have you ever fired from bushes before? It's not as hard as you might think and honestly it's done all the time in heavy brush areas.  I've seen someone sit in a 5-foot tall mulberry tree and people walk right by him with no idea he's there. This is a legitimate tactic.

2 hours ago, Jay Asuna said:

a bullet could hit a branch inside of the bush and fire off in any direction

Not sure what bushes are made of where you live but this is complete nonsense.  Thick trees you might have a point but bushes, no.

People could improve their RP in bushes and not just bunny hop into the nearest one, but saying it's not realistic is not true.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • hand 1

Placing a rule shooting from a bush being Non RP with a reason that "a bullet could hit a branch inside of the bush and fire off in any direction" in my opinion is too excessive. If you're shooting blind - sure, realistically you'd have a gun out of the bush or at least not aiming at a branch, somehow properly placing your gun realistically to shoot. Agreed with the comment above and I do not believe this should become a rule.

• Like 2
  • chill 2
  • dead 1

8 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

Let me ask you this, have you ever fired from bushes before? It's not as hard as you might think and honestly it's done all the time in heavy brush areas.  I've seen someone sit in a 5-foot tall mulberry tree and people walk right by him with no idea he's there. This is a legitimate tactic.

Not sure what bushes are made of where you live but this is complete nonsense.  Thick trees you might have a point but bushes, no.

People could improve their RP in bushes and not just bunny hop into the nearest one, but saying it's not realistic is not true.

I am saying that people sprinting into bushes, pulling out a firearm and spraying from inside of a bush is not good RP. Bushes arent hollow and people cant just sprint into them and laydown.

Edited by Jay Asuna

9 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

+1 I like this idea. But its going to be hard to enforce 

I agree it will be hard to enforce, but maybe the rule should start with the fact your character has to be completely outside of a bush to initiate a fight with demands or to fire a weapon.

Hello,

Currently there is no interest in disallowing players from utilizing bushes in shootouts. We do not heavily mandate where shootouts can/can't happen, so this is not something we are looking to add as a change unless the last statement is reworked.

Archived.