xkatemonster96

Vehicle Break-Ins/Stealing Vehicles

So, I bought a car 2 days ago OOC. Within 10mins of buying said car it was stolen from the docks by the truck driving freelance job. That is more understandable at least. It's secluded. There aren't many people down there. So, I eventually found my car abandoned and severely damaged to the point I could not drive it. Today, I was finally able to get a mechanic to come out and repair my vehicle. So I took my vehicle down to the pier to do some fishing. I figured... there's tons of people around and I was right near my car so I would be able to see it and it would not get stolen. Right? Wrong. A fight broke out at the pier and another player was injured. Myself and two other players went to his aid and I called 911 for an ambulance to respond. While I did that, I noticed my car was broken into was driving away off the pier. My friend and I jumped into his vehicle and chased my car down. I attempted to dial 911 to tell police we were chasing my stolen vehicle. I was unable to dial 911 due to calling for an ambulance shortly before. The gentleman who stole my vehicle had another person in a different vehicle aiding him. The other vehicle was pretending to assist my friend and I in blocking in my vehicle from driving away. He, however, just go in our way. Long story short, my vehicle got away and was taken to a chop shop and destroyed. I now cannot retrieve my vehicle from mors. I am unsure how long this process takes. I, however, am extremely displeased with how easy it seems to steal vehicles. And with that, how quickly you're able to take them! I had my back turned for 60 seconds tops and my vehicle was gone. I'm sorry, but that is a little ridiculous. And it's a little ridiculous to me how my vehicle was stolen twice within 48 hours of buying it. I mean, what's the point of driving it around and trying to earn money somewhere if my vehicle is going to be stolen every single time I get out of it. How realistic is that? Ya know? I don't know. I feel like stealing a vehicle should be much more difficult than it is. You should be able to remove your keys from your vehicle so someone cannot just pop open your door with a bobby pin, hop in it, and drive away. In real life, I would 100% take my keys out and it would be at least a little more difficult and take longer for a criminal to drive off in my vehicle. Let me know if anyone else has other experiences similar to this and if you think that maybe the process should be altered in some way. Thanks for reading. 

It's honestly ridiculous how easy it is to steal vehicles....You get a bobby pin from the store and you're able to easily lockpick a door start the vehicle and drive off. I don't really see how that is good RP, it completely ruins owning a vehicle. The people on the server don't care if you're next to your car, literally doesn't matter. If you try to unlock your car to get in to prevent it they can just beat you in...How is that possibly good RP? It's totally unrealistic. You would never go to a public place or see someone in a public place with 10+ people around and try stealing cars. 

There needs to be a more difficult system, it can't just be bobby pin car start and drive off. It's completely unrealistic. It takes someone less than 15 seconds to steal a car and drive off. There is no chance of the police catching them unless they drive by a cop, but that's a joke. I can't believe police are not hiring, I can play for 6 hours OOC straight and not see a single cop in the city with close to 500 people on. It is absolutely insane. How do you expect to keep people who actually wanna RP?

I thought this was a serious RP server and that is why the application process is the way it is but that does not seem to be the case unfortunately. The amount of people just trolling or not doing RP is ridiculous.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:43 PM, phantomsmitt said:

I can't believe police are not hiring, I can play for 6 hours OOC straight and not see a single cop in the city with close to 500 people on. It is absolutely insane. How do you expect to keep people who actually wanna RP?

There are a lot of officers. But a lot of them are busy. 

But I would be in favor with making stealing cars harder. As its nearly impossible for PD/SD to track down a stolen car before it gets chopped

This was probably previously suggested but I hope a hotwire system is on the developers implementation list. Breaking a window is far easier then fiddling with the lock but the reason this is a thing is the time compensation achieved you would usually spend on hotwiring a car, bypassing the e-lock and so on. A more complex system would include connecting wires via a GUI made specifically for vehicle theft or obtaining an import device (for official gangs) that would carry some realistic pros and cons with the ability to steal vehicles much faster, quietly and cleanly. As of right now there are no issues with the current way things are but being able to start the engine of a car you just lockpicked with no keys is stupid.

Yeah, you really have to keep an eye on your vehicle. Personally, my vehicle seems to never get stolen unless I die and can't return back to my vehicle due to NLR or I get injured. There has been suggestions about a hotwire system or reworks surrounding stealing vehicles. We just kind of have to hope something gets put in place 😄