ATV

GAME SUGGESTION - [Map] Added forest map

Dear, Community of ECRP and to whom may concern.

[Map] Added forest map

I am writing today in the forums game suggestions, as I have just witnessed the new design outside of Los Santos. As a streamer/content creator, I have to rely on creating good content for this community to watch. I have loved every single second being here playing with you all. For my stream to be running smoothly. I need to have a stable FPS. For my viewer to enjoy the stream, I need to create good content.

Now that being said. I would just like to raise my concerns to the new map design which has been implemented into the server very recently. That is the trees, shrubs and buses and the overall remap to the area outside Los Santos.

During my game time with these new features, I  have noticed a considerable DECREASE in my FPS. A drop by 20 if not most times. GTA V is a very heavy CPU GPU driven game and requires somewhat of a good computer to run. I am fortunate to have a somewhat good computer to which, I still struggle at times during stream. Now I couldn't imagine what it will be like for the less fortunate computer players.

I really love that people in the development are trying to create a unique playing environment. It looks amasing! However, it's not really practical. I now struggle to maintain a stable game when adventuring through these areas resulting in a less happy stream and a unhappy gamer. 

This will have a knock on effect for our playerbase who do not have as good as computers than us.. resulting in them being unable to play and forcing them off the server. Ultimately reducing our player base.

My suggestion is:

Could we please review peoples thoughts and look to remove the new map design. If it is here to stay, I'm not sure if I will be able to continue to stream. I hope that you really consider my advice.

Regards

~ Neo King, Rio Bourne. Aka - ATV (AidannnTV) Aka: Aidan.

Someone who has a loving desire here at ECRP and would like to stay for a long ol'time! PEACE ❤️

542157436_HDPic.thumb.png.a84ca713e266ae976da019fd061ed5b1.png

Edited by ATV
  • Like 2

+1

people don't understand this has far more to do with CPU load than GPU load.

I got one of the most powerful GPUs that has been released lately and as soon as I get these trees are out my FOV, I get a bump of sometimes over a hundred FPS.

Overall it can be great for immersion, altough 350 feet tall trees kinda breaks it for me... but I think people with lower spec'd computer will be forced off the server because it litterally makes it unplayable for them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Salkica22 said:

I understand your concers, but map and enviroment now looks 100x better for me, didnt mind lowering some specs just to have same fps as before

I understand your point, but my main point i'm putting across is that majority of the player base will not have as good as computers than us.. resulting in them being unable to play and ultimately reducing our player base.

Edited by ATV
  • Like 1

-1 since the update i've had no problems and weirdly run smoother than i usually do in those areas and i'm one of those "less fortunate computer players".
It would be unfortunate to see the change of scenery gone as it gives a nice fresh feel to the server.
But i do see your concerns.

Edited by QuirkyMayhem
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ATV said:

I understand your point, but my main point i'm putting across is that majority of the player base will not have as good as computers than us.. resulting in them being unable to play and ultimately reducing our player base.

Completly agree, just in my opinion its soo nice, and most of my roleplay is around Sandy shores and this is just more for me and my faction to do

I can only speak from personal experience but with a reduction to extended shadow distance I now see drops of 10fps which is well within acceptable limits for me considering the RP that can now be performed in these seemingly even more remote areas. It feels more realistic to have an actual redwood forest outside of Los Santos versus sparse desert like we've gone from LA to Vegas outskirts in a second. The visual verticality and scale it adds is worth the perf hit too imo.

I haven't streamed yet personally so my experience may change with OBS running.

5 minutes ago, Maccy said:

I can only speak from personal experience but with a reduction to extended shadow distance I now see drops of 10fps which is well within acceptable limits for me considering the RP that can now be performed in these seemingly even more remote areas. It feels more realistic to have an actual redwood forest outside of Los Santos versus sparse desert like we've gone from LA to Vegas outskirts in a second. The visual verticality and scale it adds is worth the perf hit too imo.

I haven't streamed yet personally so my experience may change with OBS running.

However those 10 FPS may not affect your own gameplay, but for someone else that 10FPS is considered either playable or unplayable. I respect your opinion however, I look forward to seeing how you respond once you've tried streaming. I go from 100FPS to 40 depending on playerbase when at DOC.

Edited by ATV

14 minutes ago, Tits said:

After seeing other people opinions i imagine that nothing will change and i won't be able to play again. Shame to loose all these days of grinding because of a stupid update. Well done Eclipse. 

Please don't use negative words such as "stupid". I understand your frustration, this is why i'm expressing my concerns for the majority of players.

I'm trying to be the speaker of many! I understand your frustration, please don't become negative and loose the suggestion for me. Many of hours have probably gone into reworking the city outside of Los Santos. Appreciate someones hard work. However, I shall still proceed to push to see this removed. It's not necessary,

Edited by ATV

5 minutes ago, ATV said:

Please don't use negative words such as "stupid". I understand your frustration, this is why i'm expressing my concerns for the majority of players.

I'm trying to be the speak of many! I understand your frustration, please don't become negative and loose the suggestion for me. Many of hours have probably gone into reworking the city outside of Los Santos. Appreciate someones hard work. However, I shall still proceed to push to see this removed. It's not necessary,

Sorry for the negative expression, my mistake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Neeraj said:

+1/-1

I would like to appreciate the job done by developers by making it more realistic and it really looks sick but seems like people are facing so much fps since this recent update. It will be great if devs. can do some more optimization again. 

AGREED, I'd love for it to stay ONLY if we could get the CPU side of things optimised.. It really takes a heavy blow on me, so I could only imagine what its like for people with lower end CPUs.

Edited by ATV

13 minutes ago, AEEKAY said:

Looks really good, i didnt had any real issues around those areas to consider my game un-playable. My fps was 100+ on those areas with Very High settings. 

it isn't about some players or if it is bad or not . it isn't bad to have it looking that good but your pc specs makes it able for you to handle it. but for other players with lower specs and during those current moments the whole world is facing . i don't think many can upgrade their specs or have that already good specs to handle it. i have seen people streams and lot of people talking about their decrease of FPS By 40 or even more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suken Fredric said:

it isn't about some players or if it is bad or not . it isn't bad to have it looking that good but your pc specs makes it able for you to handle it. but for other players with lower specs and during those current moments the whole world is facing . i don't think many can upgrade their specs or have that already good specs to handle it. i have seen people streams and lot of people talking about their decrease of FPS By 40 or even more

I understand what this is about. I never said go throw money to upgrade your rig. I said that it looks cool and i didnt had any major issues.  

1 minute ago, Suken Fredric said:

I understand what this is about. I never said go throw money to upgrade your rig. I said that it looks cool and i didnt had any major issues.  

• YAY 1

43 minutes ago, NBDY said:

I will change the map to a slightly different version that has less trees, lets check how that works

I appreciate everything you do. All the hours to put into the server. I'm just expressing my concerns as well as being the voice of many. 

Thank you for trying an alternative. I hope this works fine and we can continue to increase the variety of Roleplay as a whole!

Thanks once again. 

~ ATV, and behalf of those who have less of a voice.

• Like 1