Jalin

Shocked

What are we supposed to do in the city if every staff member is intertwined with gangs? Half of the reports you submit are insta answered if they involve their gang and if it doesnt effect them, they ignore you. What is that player supposed to do if they got ignored because their issue doesn't involve any staff members gangs? Even if you get a response, its ignored and said "this is ICly" regardless of what it was. 

Today, my friend and another person fell through the world after being brought to a hospital. They are now stuck in a void with no other people and lost all of their things. He made a report and was ignored for 45 minutes. Then, since he is stuck without way to interact, made a 4 report. Obviously, its a player report, but it is the only urgent report. Jason instantly denies it and moves on. What? What the fuck is going on? Legit does not make sense why staff can be like this without any repercussion. Why is the player base treated like shit?

On top of the gang affiliation, staff members are toxic and unhelpful. Every interaction with staff has been as if im a waste of time and they have better shit to do. How is that a proper response to a player? it legit makes zero sense to me. Staff should be neutral ground, not toxic players.

Edited by Jordan Pryor

I imagine your report was denied by Jason because you mis-reported it as a /report 4 (urgent) rule break to try get attention instead of a /report 2 bug. Staff play on the server too, and sometimes the queue of reports can get quite big and they're worked through in the order they're sent in so that probably explains any long waits you've had, especially at times that the server is busy. I don't believe this has anything to do with "staff members being intertwined with gangs" in any way. 

If you see any staff that are doing anything you think deserves repercussion you can report them to higher staff with sufficient evidence as staff are accountable for their actions and use of their power. Also, is there any basis to your claim about people focusing on reports relating to their gang? 

He made a report 2 and waited for about an hour. No response. 

The report was then accepted by xoza who then said "cant find your body bro, good luck" and hastily closed the report providing zero help. Yes, he cant find the body because it despawned. It was an hour wait to even get a look at the report. multiple players falling through the void is grounds for a urgent report, no? I can provide screenshots of this if you'd like. 

On the topic of gang affiliation, If you ever make a report about police, you will get accepted and spoken to within seconds and then yelled at that youre wrong and then your report would be closed.

As I said, there's a queue of reports usually that need to be dealt with in order, the time taken depends on the factors mentioned in my above post. 

If you make a report about police (by your own example) a staff member that is police will not deal with it as it's a conflict of interest. There's measures in place so staff don't handle conflict of interest reports which is why you'll see non-pd staff members handle reports against PD on the forum for example

1 minute ago, DrPathetic said:

As I said, there's a queue of reports usually that need to be dealt with in order, the time taken depends on the factors mentioned in my above post. 

If you make a report about police (by your own example) a staff member that is police will not deal with it as it's a conflict of interest. There's measures in place so staff don't handle conflict of interest reports which is why you'll see non-pd staff members handle reports against PD on the forum for example

if there are too many reports then hire more people? if you want to provide a 300 person server then you should at least have enough staff to help said 300 people. 

1 minute ago, Buddy Jenson said:

and also you're telling me that this happening to you randomly wouldn't piss you off to the point where you would report in urgent to get your shit back?

https://streamable.com/apfulo

I understand the frustration, I've lost things to bugs several times in the past.
However that specific one you mentioned, the admin markers you rush past do explain that it was a risk and to screenshot your inventory with /time so you could attempt to get it refunded in the future should you fall subject to that particular bug
nqBSpmW.png

hmm so youre saying the bug exists and you know about it so me saying it happened to me, providing my pov and then asking for my stuff should work?

well it didnt 🙂

i sent my pov to two different admins. "Jasmine" and "Xoza" and they both told me they couldnt help me basically. But to make a refund request that has a limit of 25k. 

Also would like to point out that most peoples first priority when their friend is dying on their back is not to look at an admin marker lol. 

I respect that there is a rule about people interacting with reports due to their faction, but there is not remotely close to enough staff on the server for that to be enforced. theres a reason why reports last hours. Staff if they want to play should be asked to either be a staff member, or be a player on the server. it does not matter how trustworthy they are. There will always be bias. When there is bias, reports are ignored and players are treated like dirt.

How is this acceptable?

I agree that the position is volunteer, but youre killing the server when you have staff who are engaged in RP and ignoring game breaking issues. 

There should be a strict line drawn, right now, there is nothing. 

It may be unintentional disrespect, but its disrespect nonetheless. Players need to be able to rely on a staff team, not fear that when they report, nothing will get done and only blatant ignorance. Improvement to the servers staff team would come from multiple staff being available to help, not stuck rping. If there were an abundance of staff, i would completely understand allowing them to play, but there isnt. Atleast, waiting an hour for a gamebreaking bug and then getting pushed along like nothing makes me believe there arent enough. 

2 minutes ago, Jordan Pryor said:

but youre killing the server when you have staff who are engaged in RP

This makes no sense. You have to remember that it's a RP server, these people valunteer to be staff, they too play the game to enjoy RP senarios. WE as players can't expect staff to drop everything they are doing to deal with rule breaks or bugs. Do you know how many reports come in a day? I don't, but fuck, I imagine it is a LOT.

6 minutes ago, Z0thian said:

This makes no sense. You have to remember that it's a RP server, these people valunteer to be staff, they too play the game to enjoy RP senarios. WE as players can't expect staff to drop everything they are doing to deal with rule breaks or bugs. Do you know how many reports come in a day? I don't, but fuck, I imagine it is a LOT.

It makes all the sense in the world. if they volunteer to be staff, they shouldnt be players at the same time. Bias, conflict of interest, lazyness, and ignorance all come into play when players are allowed to continue playing and be a staff member. 

Obviously, they want to keep playin, thats cool. Dont sign up to be a STAFF MEMBER if you want to keep playing as a regular RPer

23 minutes ago, Z0thian said:

bro what. dont be staff if you cant BE STAFF lol. being staff is like a job and should be treated like such. 

Edited by Buddy Jenson

1 hour ago, Jordan Pryor said:

It makes all the sense in the world. if they volunteer to be staff, they shouldnt be players at the same time. Bias, conflict of interest, lazyness, and ignorance all come into play when players are allowed to continue playing and be a staff member. 

Obviously, they want to keep playin, thats cool. Dont sign up to be a STAFF MEMBER if you want to keep playing as a regular RPer

How are staff to understand what actually goes on in game if they don't actually play the game? What is the motivation to be staff if you can't play the game?? Your statement is insane.

• Upvote 1