Manula_Adams

Legal jobs being Nerfed

Eclipse promote some really amazing RP, but recently things have been getting harder and harder for the small people. Everyone in this server comes to have some great RP and at the same time they want to grind to own a nice car, house or a business. 

• The Ore Mine- This was the most common way of making some good amount of money, most people used RVs filled with lockers. People had money to go play poker, buy guns and overall have some good RP sessions. It had an extremely harsh nerf, no with a right mind drives a RV anymore and the ore volume was increased, all in all it's not profitable anymore and the Ore mine is literally empty now.
  • The Oil Mine- This was a less common way but some people including myself used this as a way to grind my cash. The recent RV update and all the ore miners coming to the Oil mine and there being only 4 oil pumps available it became useless trying to mine oil. When I booted up the game today, I felt like it was even more nerfed from the new update cus the oil ran out even faster.

Those who are using drug cooking as a way to make their money can still make 100k per day, and the official factions have their shipments to make their money. Those who did their share of grinding before the Nerfs benefit from the nerfs the most. They are the ones who own the Drags, Apartments and all the businesses, the cost of these assets reduce the number of new player staying in the server as they would never be able to grind and get something like that. Everyone needs a purpose to keep playing in this server. When you make that purpose unachievable it's just a matter of time before everything would start falling apart. 

This is a really amazing unique server and we all want it to be there for as long as it can. I hope this would reach the right people! 

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

they are balancing it with other government jobs like mechanic and taxi driver job so they need to nerf freelance jobs but in my opinion, this is wrong and not make any sense because as a taxi driver or mechanic or other jobs you don't need to have any tools(car. bag, .......) and still you pay tax after you selling your mine ??
tax for what ???
. hunting. and mine. the fishing job should be cash and not have any tax .because all the tools are provided by players, not the government
maybe oil job because the pumps are placed it by the government need to be taxed but not hunting. and mine. the fishing job

and in the same time player place, 24 drug table inside the apartment and only cook for 2 times (18 min ) and he have 29k great balance 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Qiang said:

they are balancing it with other government jobs like mechanic and taxi driver job so they need to nerf freelance jobs but in my opinion, this is wrong and not make any sense because as a taxi driver or mechanic or other jobs you don't need to have any tools(car. bag, .......) and still you pay tax after you selling your mine ??
tax for what ???
. hunting. and mine. the fishing job should be cash and not have any tax .because all the tools are provided by players, not the government
maybe oil job because the pumps are placed it by the government need to be taxed but not hunting. and mine. the fishing job

and in the same time player place, 24 drug table inside the apartment and only cook for 2 times (18 min ) and he have 29k great balance 

Exactly! 

Drug tables blow up no matter the temperature, the people that cook have a lot of money to lose when you consider the cost of tables, vents, supplies, hazmat suit, water, and whatever else they have. 

RV's were broken, and people I know still make bank mining ore without them. Those people with drags and apartments have put the time and effort into attaining those things, and many have been on the server a long time and were able to buy them before prices inflated.

There are some jobs I feel should pay more, like the toll booth, farming (just a bit!), and the courier jobs. All in all I think the balance is better than it ever has been.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Gyromite said:

Drug tables blow up no matter the temperature, the people that cook have a lot of money to lose when you consider the cost of tables, vents, supplies, hazmat suit, water, and whatever else they have. 

that's is not true you should be very unlucky to you table blow up (1 in 10000 )and trust me people say yeah my drug table blow up that's a lie because they wanna make it looks like yeah is not safe don't cook drug your shit will blow up. to keep the price always up i knew people made  more than 2 or 3 million  in 4 weeks  by cooking drugs (16 table )i am not saying they don't blow up but the chance is very low . 

and soon as you buy a car or a house you tax bracket goes up to 25 % my self pay 35% . can't make money any more all the jobs pay very low and when you add the 35% makes it near nothing and still with VIP you pay 20 % and that's still is a lot 

Edited by Qiang
  • NAY 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gyromite said:

RV's were broken, and people I know still make bank mining ore without them. Those people with drags and apartments have put the time and effort into attaining those things, and many have been on the server a long time and were able to buy them before prices inflated.

There are some jobs I feel should pay more, like the toll booth, farming (just a bit!), and the courier jobs. All in all I think the balance is better than it ever has been.

Says the man from his ivory tower, looking down on the peasant filth that dares try to make an honest living in his city.

*rolls eyes*

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 3

Alright I do agree... they put in the work to buy all those assets... but you just proved my point... they put in the work when the times were easier... prices weren’t inflated grinding wasn’t hard... now it just made it getting to that point in the game 100 times harder..... it’s not fair for a new player who would put in the effort if it was like the old times... the only problem is we would never see a new gang leader... a new remarkable character who would pop up cus there’s no place for the newbies .... that’s why the versatility of the server is declining despite the best efforts of the admin staff... same people can’t keep making new RP content it’ll always be the same until new opportunities emerge from this server! Hope they would add more for the small people just the way they cater the big people.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 4:32 PM, Qiang said:

that's is not true you should be very unlucky to you table blow up (1 in 10000 )and trust me people say yeah my drug table blow up that's a lie because they wanna make it looks like yeah is not safe don't cook drug your shit will blow up. to keep the price always up i knew people made  more than 2 or 3 million  in 4 weeks  by cooking drugs (16 table )i am not saying they don't blow up but the chance is very low . 

and soon as you buy a car or a house you tax bracket goes up to 25 % my self pay 35% . can't make money any more all the jobs pay very low and when you add the 35% makes it near nothing and still with VIP you pay 20 % and that's still is a lot 

That's untrue. With the last update to tables, tables now blow up a lot more easily. Cool tables can now also blow up, which then alerts PD to come raid you. 

To begin with proper cooking, you need an apartment or a house, so around 400k for that, plus tables and vents. You also need to risk going to drug labs to get ingredients. You also need a ton of breifcases, water bottles, hazmat suit etc.

And then after all that setup, you could be on your second drug and cool the table only for it to instantly blow up. Remember cooling a table only lowers the chance of it blowing up, it will still blow.

And with all this going, you need to be actively at your lab, cooling your tables every couple of minutes, only for around $400 profit per weed plant.

• Upvote 1

Its almost impossible to make money as a criminal unless you are in a group thats "official". I stopped playing a while back and when I came back I went from being in a low tax bracket to the highest. This along with no good way of making money stunts the criminal money influx.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ultra3D said:

Its almost impossible to make money as a criminal unless you are in a group thats "official". I stopped playing a while back and when I came back I went from being in a low tax bracket to the highest. This along with no good way of making money stunts the criminal money influx.

True! official factions have reached their member capacity and opportunities open up rarely. There should be something that the majority can benefit from, rather than few people owning everything. In my view the system right now does not add new regular members, and we have to face the reality that the veterans will quit at some point and there will be less regular players which would result in less RP content. 

On 10/31/2020 at 12:32 PM, Qiang said:

They increased the likelihood of drug tables exploding. The profits are down 50% as well with the turf update lowering prices for all drugs. There was a bug before where tables never blew up. Now everyone I know is having their tables explode at low temperatures. Also with the black market closed for weeks and all these explosions almost nobody can get a hold of more tables. Crim RP economy is really rough right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Yousef Assad said:

They increased the likelihood of drug tables exploding. The profits are down 50% as well with the turf update lowering prices for all drugs. There was a bug before where tables never blew up. Now everyone I know is having their tables explode at low temperatures. Also with the black market closed for weeks and all these explosions almost nobody can get a hold of more tables. Crim RP economy is really rough right now.

It always has been for not officials

On 10/31/2020 at 12:32 PM, Qiang said:

yeah but people risk there bike/car and life going to Labs to pick up plants to cook and go to the mine to mine the other things like sodium or lithium which takes a long time to consider there are only a few of those ores and a lot of people is trying to get them to cook I had 25 tables

It took me 3-4 hours to get all the materials to cook 115 cracks and took me 2 hours to cook which I made 75k off of selling it on my own turf and the profit of that is around 45k it can get a lot longer too which can be you getting robbed at the labs when you trying to get those plates or there’s a lot of people at the mines trying to get those other cooking ingredients. All that not to mention about your house getting raided and other things like buying  ingredients from humen labs and getting waters

So I think the mines are balanced consider that drug cooking when you risk so much you should make more money than a fully legal job that has no risk at all

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, LeMar said:

yeah but people risk there bike/car and life going to Labs to pick up plants to cook and go to the mine to mine the other things like sodium or lithium which takes a long time to consider there are only a few of those ores and a lot of people is trying to get them to cook I had 25 tables

It took me 3-4 hours to get all the materials to cook 115 cracks and took me 2 hours to cook which I made 75k off of selling it on my own turf and the profit of that is around 45k it can get a lot longer too which can be you getting robbed at the labs when you trying to get those plates or there’s a lot of people at the mines trying to get those other cooking ingredients. All that not to mention about your house getting raided and other things like buying  ingredients from humen labs and getting waters

So I think the mines are balanced consider that drug cooking when you risk so much you should make more money than a fully legal job that has no risk at all

Everything is balanced right now.... I do agree.. but the prices of everything such as houses and vehicles got inflated. Due to this a new player won't be motivated to stay in the server. Those who can afford these things are the ones who made money before the nerfs, not the ones who newly acquired that wealth. 

3 hours ago, Manula_Adams said:

Everything is balanced right now.... I do agree.. but the prices of everything such as houses and vehicles got inflated. Due to this a new player won't be motivated to stay in the server. Those who can afford these things are the ones who made money before the nerfs, not the ones who newly acquired that wealth. 

I mean, if you want something and you’re motivated to get it like, I just got my drag and my apartment 2 things that you said that are hard to get like 2 weeks ago. By doing a legal job at LSC and DCC.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LeMar said:

I mean, if you want something and you’re motivated to get it like, I just got my drag and my apartment 2 things that you said that are hard to get like 2 weeks ago. By doing a legal job at LSC and DCC.

how long did that take you? because people at PD/SD/DOC are making hundreds of thousands per "check"

7 hours ago, Ultra3D said:

how long did that take you? because people at PD/SD/DOC are making hundreds of thousands per "check"

Depends, i made 480k in 1 chcek at LSC.That go back's to how much you want something and how many hours you work.I fortunately have online school so i can do my homework and put in hours at the same time.

• Upvote 1

@Ultra3D There is no real difference in pay between the different legal faction jobs. In fact, it's a lot harder to get higher paychecks in jobs like PD/SD/DOC due to more in-depth promotion systems. I have now worked at PD for nearly 5 months, and worked at DCC for more than a year - it took me less than two months to have a higher paycheck than what I have not at PD after more than double that time.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, LeMar said:

Depends, i made 480k in 1 chcek at LSC.That go back's to how much you want something and how many hours you work.I fortunately have online school so i can do my homework and put in hours at the same time.

I get that but that 480k was easily over 30-40 hours. and that cant even get you a 2g anymore. Or atleast a good one.

27 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

@Ultra3D There is no real difference in pay between the different legal faction jobs. In fact, it's a lot harder to get higher paychecks in jobs like PD/SD/DOC due to more in-depth promotion systems. I have now worked at PD for nearly 5 months, and worked at DCC for more than a year - it took me less than two months to have a higher paycheck than what I have not at PD after more than double that time.

I disagree, I have been in almost every faction and PD/SD is the best for money because it fun but at LSC you are literally sitting for hours doing nothing.

That has nothing to do with the argument you made before, it takes either equally as long for a LEO or longer to make as much as any employee at LSC, DCC or Weazel. Sure, the contents of what you can do are different, and I won’t lie when I’m saying PD offers a lot more than standing on a ledge or sitting in a car waiting for a request, but it is a lot easier and quicker to get to a higher pay level in the non-leo jobs than a mechanic or cab driver.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

That has nothing to do with the argument you made before, it takes either equally as long for a LEO or longer to make as much as any employee at LSC, DCC or Weazel. Sure, the contents of what you can do are different, and I won’t lie when I’m saying PD offers a lot more than standing on a ledge or sitting in a car waiting for a request, but it is a lot easier and quicker to get to a higher pay level in the non-leo jobs than a mechanic or cab driver.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. For example, Bayview and SD start off at the same wage. In SD, you can get promoted in 1 week and now earn 1.25k extra per hour than Bayview. The first rank in Bayview will take a minimum of 3 weeks, and another 3 weeks for the next rank. In this time you could of already of been promoted twice within SD (theoretically), and still be on a lot more money than Bayview. It's easier to hit management level in normal civillian jobs, but it is a lot more boring and involves a lot of standing still at a bench.

Like the other poster said, SD will be way more fun and you will make a lot more money. I've worked a couple of months in Bayview and could only manage a max of around 17 in one week. Most people working as a mechanic have other RP to do, e.g as a criminal whereas Police will mostly roleplay as Police, where they make money and do not have to spend for fuel, weapons etc (which is acceptable, just mentioning for the cost factor).

Edited by freshprinceIE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.