kewlkiera

Another newbie

Hello, I'm kewlkiera (cool-key-air-ah).
I've recently stumbled upon this server not too long ago after gaining a sudden interest in GTA RP servers from watching a couple of Twitch streamers having a pretty decent time. Plus, let's admit, it's nice to be able to walk around without worrying about getting instantly blown up or otherwise killed by other OP players within the map. So, I figured, why not?
I started roleplaying years back. Started from the bottom with cheesy and lax roleplays that varied from games like WoW to text-based like Skype. I've grown to be able to roleplay with next to no filter for the maturity rating (so long as it's within reason and abiding by regulations) and strive to be able to create as much depth for my characters as I possibly can. 
Please forgive me if I'm a bit slow within the server as far as responding goes if you run across me (My character's name is Vanessa_Mercer) as I'm still getting used to GTA controls again, let alone those of all of these new RP commands. There may be a lot of awkward silence while I fumble around, but I'll get there! 

• Like 1

Welcome Kiera!

Best tips I can give to a newbie:

- A lot of RP happens at mechanics shops, even if you're not a mechanic they are social hubs. 
- Use your first 20k to get a warener or other cheap car. Don't waste money on a gun. 
- Trucking is a lot safer than farming.
- And... we'll stop crashing after a few updates but we just went through a big one which tanked stability. 

• Like 1

@kewlkiera Welcome, please don't get turned away because of the current state of the GTMP client. Crashes are frequent, but we're doing our best to fix it as soon as possible. We've had a stable client for the past three months up until very recently.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask our staff in-game (/report command) or on our Discord, and they will answer any questions you need answers to. It's not necessarily staff who can answer your questions either - the vast majority of players will help you with whatever you need help with, you just need to ask. 

Have fun.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 12:21 PM, Chief Pupui said:

Welcome Kiera!

Best tips I can give to a newbie:

- A lot of RP happens at mechanics shops, even if you're not a mechanic they are social hubs. 
- Use your first 20k to get a warener or other cheap car. Don't waste money on a gun. 
- Trucking is a lot safer than farming.
- And... we'll stop crashing after a few updates but we just went through a big one which tanked stability. 

Awesome! Great tips and thank you so much! I'll be sure to keep those in mind. c:

On 10/7/2017 at 12:40 PM, aon said:

@kewlkiera Welcome, please don't get turned away because of the current state of the GTMP client. Crashes are frequent, but we're doing our best to fix it as soon as possible. We've had a stable client for the past three months up until very recently.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask our staff in-game (/report command) or on our Discord, and they will answer any questions you need answers to. It's not necessarily staff who can answer your questions either - the vast majority of players will help you with whatever you need help with, you just need to ask. 

Have fun.

Hey, no worries, I understand that server management takes a lot of time and patience to work out the tedious causes for crashes and whatnot. I've been there myself - just not for GTA, haha.

For sure, I'll make sure to report if I ever find anything fishy. 

Thank you!

On 10/7/2017 at 3:48 PM, confiscated said:

Welcome, Nice RP name (:

Ayy, thank you so much for the warm welcome and compliment!

5 hours ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Weeelcome to the server, I have seen that you have already found out about our discord which is where you should direct yourself if you ever have problems with gta v/Gt-mp/windows or even hardware problems.

Yes, I'm normally pretty quick to make sure I review everything that needs to be read or join whatever I need to in order to stay in the loop haha. 
Thank you for the welcoming!

• Like 1