Sam Axe

Fix or Remove the unmarked cop cars!

1. IC issue

2. Aren't the cops here suggestion Sam axe do some mixing by asking he act as if his character would have ooc knowledge that megaphones and lights can't be installed onto cars?

Realistically, I can go have a megaphone, lights, and siren system put on my car for a couple hours work and a couple hundred bucks. So why are these cops insisting we mix and operate under the knowledge only cops scriptly can have a megaphone. He doesn't know on his civ whether Triads or someone has begun putting lights and megaphones on their cars.

actually thats right. really good point also reinforcing this. 

Hey guys, that would not be Metagaming. The State of San Andreas doesn't allow you to buy and install those objects. They're not offered for sale anywhere. So, by assuming someone who has a megaphone or the siren on top is a cop, you're not metagaming.

Also, I'd like to point out that the point of undercover vehicles is to be undercover. That's their purpose. Nothing needs to change here scriptly. this is an entirely IC situation.

Hey guys, that would not be Metagaming. The State of San Andreas doesn't allow you to buy and install those objects. They're not offered for sale anywhere. So, by assuming someone who has a megaphone or the siren on top is a cop, you're not metagaming.

Also, I'd like to point out that the point of undercover vehicles is to be undercover. That's their purpose. Nothing needs to change here scriptly. this is an entirely IC situation.

like you said, "The State of San Andreas doesn't allow you to buy and install those objects" so how does anyone know what a non flashing red light that cant be seen is when they see it the first time? also like you said "Also, I'd like to point out that the point of undercover vehicles is to be undercover. That's their purpose" undercover but able to be used as police cars aswell right? they have no siren, cop horn, or flashing lights. just some random never before seen red light that people can grab with knowledge like i proved in the pics 

like you said, "The State of San Andreas doesn't allow you to buy and install those objects" so how does anyone know what a non flashing red light that cant be seen is when they see it the first time? also like you said "Also, I'd like to point out that the point of undercover vehicles is to be undercover. That's their purpose" undercover but able to be used as police cars aswell right? they have no siren, cop horn, or flashing lights. just some random never before seen red light that people can grab with knowledge like i proved in the pics 

Because we're here to roleplay, if IRL a vehicle pulled up behind you, some guy comes out with bodyarmor and says to you that he's a cop and asks you for your license, without any aggression, do you assume he's going to carjack you? No, you wouldn't.

Here's an unmarked police pickup
32968436051_b7de6b14f0_b.jpg

No script related items here caused this situation.

just some random never before seen red light that people can grab with knowledge like i proved in the pics 

If you're referring to the picture below, you didn't prove anything. You parked your vehicle infront of a static object to create the illusion of a siren? I'm not sure why you're making these things up now to prove a point.
Untitled-1.jpg

Because we're here to roleplay, if IRL a vehicle pulled up behind you, some guy comes out with bodyarmor and says to you that he's a cop and asks you for your license, without any aggression, do you assume he's going to carjack you? No, you wouldn't.

Here's an unmarked police pickup
32968436051_b7de6b14f0_b.jpg

No script related items here caused this situation.

do you notice the key point tho? the truck has lights that are not flashing in the grill and ones that are in the winsheild. what if that truck had no pushbar or lights and the cop wouldnt show a badge and the only thing you had to believe he was a cop that stopped you in your driveway was his word?

If you're referring to the picture below, you didn't prove anything. You parked your vehicle infront of a static object to create the illusion of a siren? I'm not sure why you're making these things up now to prove a point.
Untitled-1.jpg

the point is that its reasonable to believe people are lying and faking being cops to rob people using this method i showed. the problem is that the cars lights dont flash, has no siren or any reason to be considered a police car. the same effect the current cop cars ig have would be grabbing a red camera lense and shinng a flashlight at a car through it and saying they are a cop. then when the guy becomes suspicious and leaves. they bring a marked unit and arrest the person for not pulling over for the origional car where the light isnt visible until you get near it just like crates. 

Edited by Sam Axe

do you notice the key point tho? the truck has lights that are not flashing in the grill and ones that are in the winsheild. what if that truck had no pushbar or lights and the cop wouldnt show a badge and the only thing you had to believe he was a cop that stopped you in your driveway was his word?

I'm not sure why that matters? You're in a situation because you didn't believe someone was infact a cop, or so you claim. No script feature apart from literal police sirens would convince you otherwise, but that negates the point of undercover cars.

Have you asked the cop to show you his badge during that stop at all?

I'm not sure why that matters? You're in a situation because you didn't believe someone was infact a cop, or so you claim. No script feature apart from literal police sirens would convince you otherwise, but that negates the point of undercover cars.

Have you asked the cop to show you his badge during that stop at all?

im not saying that at all. im saying there is a pretty big difference if your going to use a light that has the same effect as turning on a flashlight taped to the dashboard with a camera lense vs having a flashing emergency light. i ask you this, show me anywhere in the world where cops use a nonflashing0 emergency light used commonly in pursuits or for undercover work and i will gladly drop this whole debate right now

im not saying that at all. im saying there is a pretty big difference if your going to use a light that has the same effect as turning on a flashlight taped to the dashboard with a camera lense vs having a flashing emergency light. i ask you this, show me anywhere in the world where cops use a nonflashing0 emergency light used commonly in pursuits or for undercover work and i will gladly drop this whole debate right now

So wait, you're asking for police vehicles to get flashing emergency lights that can be turned on and off?

So wait, you're asking for police vehicles to get flashing emergency lights that can be turned on and off?

yes, thats exactly what im asking for. if they are going to use unmarked cars like they are currently (i have no problem with undercover cars and would want more of them) they should have a flashing light or atleast siren that can be activated to better indicate its a emergency vehicle and not some random person that has somehow figured out how to put a red wall light on the car. this whole thing was my first time ever experiencing it and i swear to god, i thought it was a bug or modder until actual police cars showed up. if they had a siren or something that actually was flashing like emergency lights that would have 100% proven to me it was a cop and not a modder/someone trying to rob me impersonating a cop

yes, thats exactly what im asking for. if they are going to use unmarked cars like they are currently (i have no problem with undercover cars and would want more of them) they should have a flashing light or atleast siren that can be activated to better indicate its a emergency vehicle and not some random person that has somehow figured out how to put a red wall light on the car. this whole thing was my first time ever experiencing it and i swear to god, i thought it was a bug or modder until actual police cars showed up. if they had a siren or something that actually was flashing like emergency lights that would have 100% proven to me it was a cop and not a modder/someone trying to rob me impersonating a cop

It took 2 pages to get your actual suggestion clear though 😄

I'd advise you to make a fresh thread with what you're suggesting clearly and precisely

It took 2 pages to get your actual suggestion clear though 😄

I'd advise you to make a fresh thread with what you're suggesting clearly and precisely

my bad, i thought i was, lol. im still just so ticked off currently about loosing 11 months because of this and guess i may not have been totally clear during my moment of anger last night posting this. 

State of San Andreas also does not offer SMGs. But I got plenty of those chief.

To assume something because of script limitations is 100% metagaming. It's like if body armor wasn't an illegal import. You see someone with armor, you know 100% it's a cop, because of the script limitations.

Maybe it's time to suggest megaphones as an illegal import. I'm sure it's been suggested before though.

same for body armor and tables (the meta gaming part, not changing tables or armor import) 

Edited by Sam Axe

How did you do this? I would love to try and see how this works!

i just used a red light, got near my home and went across the street with my car. then positioned the light facing the roadway on top of the car. i actually pulled someone over with it just out of curiosity if it would work. kinda goes to show the lights really need to be more obvious and actually flashing. i ended up putting it in the grill by accident 🤣. it was a pain rp'ing buying a laptop, lights, body armor and a police looking uniform but boy it was worth it.

Grand Theft Auto V 2020.08.22 - 15.18.06.16.DVR.00_15_04_52.Still001.jpg

Edited by Sam Axe

How did you attach the light to the car? What's the command? 

Also, are you not powergaming by saying you are actually opening an MDC? Perhaps a member of staff can give their take on this.

i was told by support that sense i bought a laptop rp'ly i could do it as long as i roleplayed adding it in the car sense its based on perception and i dont demand answers from them that i would get from a mdc. in theyre view im just using a laptop in what is a possible cop car. the only reason i do it  like this was because i know if i say /ame opening laptop they will instantly know whats up and would change the entire rp. when i did the open mdc thing they actually said, s*** in vc once i did it which confirmed people did respond to it. so its only a perception thing unless i somehow got or used information only a mdc would have had through /do its not pg. i cant really use a mdc but it furthers the rp making them think im running the plates to see if there are bolo's. now for your other question. there isnt a command but near the door of your house you can place furniture. you move it out little by little to see where the limit is, you then position the car so the light is as close to center and facing the road/person as possible and voila. you now a copa. im not gonna do this often and it was only a 1 time run kinda thing to see how the server reacts. this was more of a test to see if people really would react to the light compared to not know what it was. about 8 cars had no idea what it was until this guy who was number 9. the others just drove off or kept going unchanged

an example of pg with it would be once i opened the mdc ic i did /do does the car come back stolen?. or /do does the gun come back stolen?. those would be pg but if i dont do anything with it and just open, and then close it a few seconds later, its all good sense it doesnt cause them to give any information or force them in the rp to do anything. 🙂

Edited by Sam Axe

@Sam Axe But you cant drive with the light on the car?  Would be interested in seeing a video on how you do this "fake police light"

true, you cant drive with it on the car but if you know the range you can place it you can pull a car over once it gets near your home and then place it simulating turning on the light. its kinda annoying but works way to well. thats the only thing im trying to point out with any of this is the police lights need to actually flash so civs cant do this. 

true, you cant drive with it on the car but if you know the range you can place it you can pull a car over once it gets near your home and then place it simulating turning on the light. its kinda annoying but works way to well. thats the only thing im trying to point out with any of this is the police lights need to actually flash so civs cant do this. 

I don't think a civ apart from you has ever wasted there time even trying it never mind doing it. 

I don't think a civ apart from you has ever wasted there time even trying it never mind doing it. 

you would be suprised, i got the idea after being robbed by someone who was doing it at a drug lab a while back. they sat in a car that they made look unmarked (special grill, dark colors, suv, real fast) and would "pull" people over leaving drug labs. they then would do a "you lucky we arent brining you in for this, hand over the narcotics and your free to leave once we get back in our car and pull away" eventually some people figured out what was happening and stopped listening to them so they quit doing it. after the light got added in i got robbed by someone claiming to be a cop doing the same thing with the light. im more just rehashing what they did and asking for a change because its kinda broken rn and exploitable. if only 5 people do it and each stop say, 10 people thats still 50 people on the server that got robbed by fake cops

@HobGoblin either he's lying out his ass, or bug abusing to make his point

i havent said you can drive with it. the conversation about the light got started because i was making an example of how someone could replicate the current /siren command to make it appear they were cops. it was a visual example of why the light needs to be flashing or have a real siren with it to prevent people from impersonating cops too easily and look more realistic

Edited by Sam Axe

You like undercover work, but you want those doing it to drive around with a siren on it?
In your circumstances, cops have to formally identify themselves so why wouldn't you ask for them to show you some identification?

I'm not sure LSPD's detectives should lose the ability to do what is already a different job, because you didn't think to ask more questions.

There is no "fix" to be made here, whether or not a detective places a siren on their vehicle is a matter of personal choice and if it was to be enforced, it would have to be enforced in-character.

being support staff could you read the suggestion part again? someone pointed out i may have made it sound like i was suggesting something else than what i was actually suggesting and corrected it.

Edited by Sam Axe

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

You will need to make a new suggestion with more clear detail on what you're actually suggesting - The usage of undercover vehicles as pointed out it more of an In Character issue rather than Out of Character, we allow them to be used (hence the script command /siren was added in 2017). 

If you are suggesting a new item to be imported, or for /siren to be improved to make it more obvious that it's a siren, it should be pointed out in the original topic. But keep in mind that there are game restrictions that the script cannot fix when it comes to adding sirens to vehicles. 

Just to clear it up,

There is no way to attach an object to a vehicle other than /siren which is a command restricted to Law Enforcement factions (restrictions apply such as rank and division).

- Osborn.

• Upvote 1