Djombe

Officers having body-cams

Today I got charged by a police officer for something I clearly didn't do. My point is, every police officer in the server should have his body cam (shadowplay, fraps, or any other recording program) on at all times. Since police works similarly in real life, you can't get a ticket without a proof of your speed being recorded by a device or from inside a police vehicle, it should be implemented that all security forces have body cams. If he wants to give someone a ticket for let's say reckless driving, he must have a proof of the driver behind a steering wheel, doing what the charge was, otherwise the freedom officers have is too much. The police officer can charge you with anything and he does not need to have any evidence to back up his claims, which is not how real police works.

I have my fair issues of PD as much as a lot of others but -1, Its unfair to force every PD officer save every interaction.

I'm pretty sure they already are supposed to at minimum RP turning on a dashcam and can use the RP footage if OOC footage isn't available. If you disagree with a charge, you can always make an IA with contradictory evidence. 

You can also RP your own Bodycam/dashcam at any time and use that evidence to fight charges. 

Forcing people to use software in such way is a no go in my opinion. Imo it should be your choice if you want extra software on your PC. 
All you can do is install such software yourself and then provide it to the officer if the officer RP's having a body cam. In combination with /do's and then confirmation of your footage can resolve this "issue".

For the rest, the thing about "the police officer can charge you with anything and he does not need to have any evidence to back up his claims" is completely IC. In fact, you can get ticket without the "proof" you apperantly expect, seeing this suggestion. I recieved a speeding ticket at home not too long ago. It stated the speed limit, speed, location, time and number plate. Nothing else really, because they are not required to send you a video of it. 

Even if an officer decided to just screw someone over (purposely) it is most likely just an IC issue as it could be a corrupt cop (which they need approval for). The solution to this is; handle it IC. Then, with the use of /me's and /do's, etc etc it could get resolved. But that depends on the situation of course.

Bodycams can still be RP'ed withouot video footage at all, but I just think you got limited IC, which is... an IC issue...

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 1

A lot of us officers already RP having a body-cam, and save it when its needed. It would be unfair to force everyone to have shadow-play turned on at all times.
It is also not required for us to show you the evidence, if you have a problem with a charge or ticket, you file an IC report on the gov website.

Many of you are missing the point, its not about the charge, couldnt care less about that, its about them being at least RP enough to provide me with evidence OR having a recording software which honestly does not really affect the performance, and since there are many things forced on us anyway, that wouldnt be such an issue

Hello.

We will not be forcing players to record their game-play this way for reasons pointed out in this thread, although, there are certain scenarios where we do require some form of evidence (e.g. refund requests, player reports). Both PD/SD have a policy surrounding evidence and body cameras, for your particular case, I'd contact the relevant faction's Internal Affairs system to inquire about your case and see how you could solve it. 

- Osborn.

• Like 1