Sam Axe

Dismantle All Gang Factions

first off let me make clear, im not suggesting removing gangs from the community but im going to suggest something that will make the community more fun for gangs, police and criminals. i think everyone can agree right now crim life is pretty dead compared to what it was. a few things i think mostly caused this was adding a cap to gang sizes, making it so you had to go through a gang to get a table, and the changes to robbery rules. (i actually agree with the robbery rules) i think a rework of gangs needs to be seriously discussed and changed to the following type of system.

(official gang status would be removed and nobody could acquire it). this allows anyone with enough small connections to create a gang that only people who come into contact with them would know about. this would allow gangs to control more territory as they could control areas based on the size and not having to be official, this also means gang limit caps wont exist and can grow to any number based on territory they own instead of a cap. this mainly allows gangs to control anything from streets, blocks, and even cities based on size and reputation in the community. this would also add a stealth option for smaller gangs to try and stay under the radar until they are ready to make themselves known to other gangs. instead of the current system i suggest adding a feature where sections of cities would have to have to have a certain amount of players in a territory (15+ nearby) , pay a fee (100k-500k), and own a certain# of property's or wherehouses (1+) in that zone. once these requirements are met, all scriptable illegal activities in that zone now would give a % based fee on all sales in that zone to approved members determined by the approved users (set just like property owner permissions)

(dark web would be accessible to anyone) currently a broken system is in where to get things only obtainable outside of the country (gta map) has to be acquired by a gang who can import as much as they want and charge any price. with only 2 or 3 active factions, this kills the possible criminal roleplay on a smaller level because they can get something restricted to players otherwise sort of like a monopoly. nothing stops them currently from importing say 10 rifles for 10k, then charging 5, 10, 20 or 50k per rifle. mainly tho, this means regardless of how much money your willing to spend, unless the faction has enough members online or like you enough you wont get the item. for this 2 things would need to be added, a vpn type system and discounts. if you are not listed on any gang hq like earlier mentioned, you would have a 30% chance for the sales to tip off the cops. this gives a huge advantage to gangs to hold territories as it will remove the risk of shipments tipping off cops. in these territories just like how a gang would have a smaller chance to tip off the cops they also would get a discount based on the territory they own. this allows people to still go to gangs to try and acquire these items as they wont have such a high risk of getting arrested (just like how the fbi is on the dark web all the time). and also allows smaller groups to try and acquire hardware to increase the criminal side's activity but increases the law enforcement's anti gang activity side aswell

i have more suggestions but i feel like these are the main ones i wanted to share and get some feedback on. hopefully these would get gangs new life, reason to exist and add a option for gang wars to be a thing aswell. 

Edited by Sam Axe

Removing official is a bad idea. Allowing mass numbers of players to import extremely dangerous numbers of heavy weaponry would not be healthy for the server. Not to mention your suggestion basically throws away the In-Game script altogether.  

(dark web would be accessible to anyone)

huge -1. 

• Like 4

Removing official is a bad idea. Allowing mass numbers of players to import extremely dangerous numbers of heavy weaponry would not be healthy for the server. Not to mention your suggestion basically throws away the In-Game script altogether.  

huge -1. 

I dont think it would create more negative effects than it would good tho. Not only would it be more expensive but a increased chance of 30% of the cops getting tipped off compared to a gang's % being at where it is now. This would make alot of people not do it and only ones who are willing to take a much higher risk. Its more a idea of, if gangs wont sell them out of fear, spite or just want to cut off the gun trade. or you simply cant locate a gang to buy items from.

Edited by Sam Axe

-

Would like for there to be a more linear and clearly defined path to 'official' status (seems a bit arbitrary currently)

Would also like for their to be other, perhaps custom, rewards for official factions, as laptop access seems tailor made for gangs. What about non violent player run factions (cults, clans, racing groups, etc....they would get little value from laptop access)

-

Would like for there to be a more linear and clearly defined path to 'official' status (seems a bit arbitrary currently)

Would also like for their to be other, perhaps custom, rewards for official factions, as laptop access seems tailor made for gangs. What about non violent player run factions (cults, clans, racing groups, etc....they would get little value from laptop access)

That would be cool. Maybe later on an online market kind of like ebay would be cool too. (eHey), but still the main thing i think is needed is people to have easier access to the dark web if they dont want to be part of a gang or cant find one

Would also like for their to be other, perhaps custom, rewards for official factions

As far as I'm aware each "Official" Faction gets to choose a reward fitting to their RP & backstory upon earning Official. It's something we got to choose in Triads.

As far as I'm aware each "Official" Faction gets to choose a reward fitting to their RP & backstory upon earning Official. It's something we got to choose in Triads.

thats cool and all but i think a discount for sale prices for factions depending on size and stuff like that would still be really cool

Turfs have arrived, so a lot of your suggestion has been addressed/countered with the new system, a system I myself have not got to personally play with yet, but have read some basics on how it works.

I mainly want to address something you get very wrong, and to avoid you mistakenly spreading misinformation, Im going to correct it.

With then previous laptop system, all official gangs shared a gun and ammo supply. Ammo was EXTREMELY scarce, with 3 or 4 drops having to be picked up to fill an SMG/Micro/AK. The ammo and guns also had a set price.

No one was ordering 10 rifles for 10k. Gun come empty and Gangs fought hard for 45 Ak rounds. Whoever told you that is really wrong and should stop lying to people who don't know better.

that was more of an example of how some parts were being heavily monopolized. like you said, "all official gangs shared a gun and ammo supply. Ammo was EXTREMELY scarce," 

Removing official status is a bad idea, it takes A LOT of hard for any gang to reach official status. Their RP has to be un par and must have proven their respect within the city. Removing the official status just because you have not worked as hard as all these official gang is pretty selfish if you ask me. Triads and Aztecas as well rooks. Both have proven their worth for the official status and these gangs have been around for an exceptionally long time some longer than the time you have spent on this server. These gangs have worked hard for this status and would be really unfair for it to be removed because some small gang is mad they can't order an SMG themselves

Three Things regarding the following statement 

with only 2 or 3 active factions, this kills the possible criminal roleplay on a smaller level because they can get something restricted to players otherwise sort of like a monopoly. nothing stops them currently from importing say 10 rifles for 10k, then charging 5, 10, 20 or 50k per rifle. mainly tho, this means regardless of how much money your willing to spend, unless the faction has enough members online or like you enough you wont get the item. 

1 10 rifles for 10k have never happened and they still do not occur like this, even with turfs introduced.

2  The idea of having small gangs access to the "Laptop" even though it is now a different system, It is a tad extreme, Gangs would have access to the same weapons that official have put in time and energy for is a tad absurd, Official gangs worked to make this server better and to bring the roleplay to a higher standard.  If Gangs can hold onto the same weapons Official factions do, how do we know that the smaller gangs wont let that power overwhelm them and push poor roleplay, official status is an achievement for any gang and what they should strive for in any gang. By dissolving Official status it would promote poor roleplay and push smaller gangs who are inexperienced to the top with the right amount of money

3  "means regardless of how much money your willing to spend, unless the faction has enough members online or like you enough you wont get the item." This statement held some truth to it back when we had laptops everything was restocked slowly and it was difficult to import certain things such as ammo. Now with the new way of doing things ammo is no longer such a scrounged after item.  Weapons were available to be bought whenever however you just had to talk to the right people. 

• Like 1

Hello.

While we appreciate your suggestion, we do not have any intentions of removing the current official system or purging all the current gangs from it, as we do not believe this would be in favor of our vision for the community. Instead, we are working to improve the official system to allow more players to partake in the gang scene of Eclipse Roleplay. We recently introduced one new official faction (Lost MC) which is being established by server staff, until it's ready to be ran by a player - and If this system works out in the end, we will most likely expand on this idea.

- Osborn.