NukSooKow

The point of /Mywounds?

Just had  a situation where I was shot to bits and the /mywounds command showed I took 2 bullets to the head, the neck, spine and the arm. I had stated that I'd be dead in OOC  based on /mywounds. Anyway, RP was forced by multiple other parties on the grounds that this was impossible? Also stating you cannot RP death. So what purpose does /mywounds actually serve?

Thanks

Edited by NukSooKow
missed info

It’s to properly RP the wounds that you have. DeathRP (ability to roleplay your death and subsequently die) is a privilege and should not be expected, and is usually up to the main person on the scene to say if you get DeathRP or not.

31 minutes ago, NukSooKow said:

Just had  a situation where I was shot to bits and the /mywounds command showed I took 2 bullets to the head, the neck, spine and the arm. I had stated that I'd be dead in OOC  based on /mywounds. Anyway, RP was forced by multiple other parties on the grounds that this was impossible? Also stating you cannot RP death. So what purpose does /mywounds actually serve?

Just as the above poster said, it's meant to give a realistic description of your wounds so that you can RP them properly. Death RP isn't always granted but can be granted if all the parties involved agree to it. 

The reason that this is the case is because if anyone could choose to RP death rather then go to jail for X amount of time then they will always choose death over jail RP.

Okay, so how does one properly RP 2 bullet holes to the head, the neck, the spine? What you supposed to do with that? Of course people are going to use that to their advantage, but In terms of RP, there is no coming back from 2 bullets to the head, let alone with the other shots on top of that. I could have accepted this strange RP scenario had it not been for the other people that were shot down, with the same levels of injuries, only for their wound info to be used against them because it didn't suit the attacking parties RP. "oh you can't do this or that, you've been shot to bits" So which is it?

Basically all I'm getting from this is, it's whatever suits the powers that be in any given scenario, regarless of information.

/mywounds does not work how you think it does. Server desync makes the feature pointless because you could shoot at someone's chest and the server might register it as their head. There's no way to tell, so honestly, I don't think /mywounds should be used to identify roleplay injuries.

The thing you have to realize is that bullets do not sync the same way for both parties, so your injuries will be in different locations than where the attacker was aiming.

The other is that this is a game with a health system, meaning that you can take a lot more bullets than you normally could. Headshots are just extra damage and at the end you will still take more hits after that and if you survive the situation, i doubt you take into account your wounds to the same extent, or at least you dont see people doing that.

And at the end, if you die you die, either by people failing to save your life or you actually getting shot too much, but death is granted as posted above. It is that way to avoid people just trying to gun down multiple officers and avoid any consequences.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.