GasKetse

Suggestions for Laws, Economy, Events.

Hello everybody! I am going to start writing down ideas about the server. Probably most of them might have been implemented by the team although I will start writing without reading the forums. The reason im doing this is because if something has been thought already and implemented writing it my version might help or improve what has been implemented already. Attention to readers: These rules/laws/economy are not in effect until you see them posted in the rules sections. These are just suggestions. Furthermore admins, moderators can change this post as they see fit.

Disclaimer: I allow this content to be copied, edited, or used without my permission for this server/ community as decided by the admin team. I do not require anything in return. Making this an awesome experience is the goal.

I am going to start with some Rules, Laws and see where we go next.

First and foremost we must differentiate between laws and rules. Rules are OOC guidelines that must never been crossed in game, out of game (forums, community, discord etc). Laws on the other hand are IG laws that will be enforced by the LSPD. This means you can break them but LSPD is coming for you.

Laws

1. Use common sense at all times. Yes its pretty basic but sometimes we tend to go over the limit and do stuff that might make no sense or have a bad influence to the community.

2. Do not abuse/ exploit any bugs that you have found in game. Not only you ruin your own experience of the game but you ruin others as well. Not to mention the economy system of the server as well. If you find something that gives you an unfair advantage or gives you money that you do not deserve. In case you stubble upon a bug or something that the devs did not fix use /report command and report it to the admin team. If you can't get an admin response please send a message on Discord or in the Forums. DO NOT post it in a public forum. All players money balance is being monitored so if we see that you got an income that makes no sense the system will let us know.
  3. Third party modifications that give you any kind of advantage over other players or over the game are strictly prohibited. Cosmetics mods are allowed like modding a car looks ( as far as I know).
  4. Disgusting roleplay is not allowed. Yes we do support freedom in game although we will put the brakes on people who will roleplay towards necrophilia, sexual harassment, rape, cannibalism, severe torture. Keep in mind that young people might be in game as well so with that in mind adjust your roleplay accordingly.
  5. When you are IG please stick to your roleplay at all times. Even if someone is not willing to roleplay with you. For example if he texts OOC etc please tell him kindly to switch to IC. If he refuses you can report him for non proper roleplay.
  6. Do not bunny hop or abuse any of the game's physics. We know you guys love to smash that spacebar button but please don't. Its bad roleplay and you will be punished for using it all the time.
  7. Rage quit to avoid an arrest or an in game moment should be reported by other players. We understand that something might have come up in your real life but inform OOC that you need to rush the situation because you have to quit. For example let the LSPD officer that you need to go, he will rush the arrest to make it as fast as possible. But doing it to avoid the arrest all together will be punishable.
  8. Use proper language at all times. Lets keep LOLs, OMGs, WTFs, out of the game and the forums. Of course good grammar is also needed but we understand that not everyone is a natural English speaker (including my self). Try as much as you can to be correct in the end you will end up learning proper English. Minor detail: You can RP that you are a russian gang that talks russian to each other but it has to be done as (In Russian) (your text in english). So yes if an LSPD member is right in front of you who roleplays that he doesn't speak English he will not use that information to his advantage. But use English at all times.
  9. Do not AFK in busy areas. The game will kick you out after 5 minutes of inactivity and players will try to roleplay with you while you are not being there. If you want to grab some water that's fine but if you know you will be AFK for more than 5 minutes then log out.

10. Metagaming. Metagaming can be explain as using OOC information for IC advantage. Which ever information is being given to you OOC must not be used IC. For example gunning down someone who killed you before without making a proper roleplay first. Yes you can see his name tag and you know who he is but your character doesn't so gunning him down can be considered as Metagaming.
  11. Powergaming. Powergaming can be explained as doing actions that are out of common logic. You can roleplay that your character is well build so he is strong etc. But that doesn't mean he can grab a light pole and throw it. We can't implement/ script everything so you will have to contain your characters ability. More examples include having 10 weapons on you. Yes you can carry a sidearm and a shotgun but not all the weapons the game gives you. Just roleplay that you are picking something from the trunk of your car. Another one is roleplaying that you are grabbing some player and throw him 10 meters down etc.
  12. Do not advertise products, services, other servers, third party notifications, cheats. You can advertise that you want to sell your car, boat, house etc but not how to get mods for the game etc. Furthermore do not advertise illegal products IG. If you want to sell IG cocaine advertise it in such a manner that its not obvious to all. For example selling 1 kilo of fine sugar for x price.
  13. Rules are subject to change at anytime so keep an eye on them as usually as you can. Admins and moderators are allowed to ban/punish you at all times. If you think they were not fair then post it on the forums so we can review your case.
  14. Death match is not allowed. This includes Kill On Sight etc. You have to properly roleplay all situations and try to avoid as much as possible waste of life. Yes you are a straight up G but even they don't kill on sight.
  15. Do not promote political opinions. We all have our opinions, we all have our problems. No need to bring them In Game. We all know that these conversations end up on a fight which we do not want. You can promote however political opinions about the IG President or elections.
  16. Do not use celebrity names. All names must have a First and a Last name. (middle name is allowed as well). As long as its not a celebrity or a well known OOC person. No you can't name your character Solid Snake or Frank Underwood.
  17. Promoting or roleplaying animal tortures etc is not allowed. Perm ban. No discussion.

18. Do not bring a military riffle to a street fight. We know you all have M4s etc but gangs usually fight with sidearms and sometimes SMGs. Keep it real.
  19. Punishments if you cross any of these rules will be decided by the admin team and will be forced by them as well. We will try to make a punishment spreadsheet so its equal to all but do not come at forums and whine why person A who did action A got 1 hour ban. and I got with the same action 2 hour ban. Doing so will result of getting more punishment.

20. By joining the server it automatically inherits that outofcontext you read all these rules and you agree to them.

Rules

Will be written with cooperation of LSPD among with fines etc.

Economy structure

Even though im pretty sure that the team already has come up with the economy structure I will write my own version and maybe they can get some ideas from here. I take for granted that there will be jobs in came to increase the income of players etc and that the police will issue fines in a considerable rate. There will be a leveling system based on time spend on the server as well. Setting that a player who just joined will be level 0 he will get to level 1 in one in game day. (24 real minutes). We set that as multiplier 1. From level 1 to level 2 this multiplier will change to 1.05 for example. So it will take a player to gain level 2 about 25.2 real minutes. so goes on. Max level could be 20 for start.

First of all when a player logs in game he should have some starting money. Cab money plus some extra. Every game day the player will get a set amount of money for just being in the server. This will ensure that players will always have some money to use at their discretion. As the player progress and gains more levels this amount will increase based on a multiplier. Player will get the level money every in game day at midnight according to his level at that moment. So the more the player spends in game the more he gains. Jobs/ activities will allow a player to gain extra money from lvl 5 and more. Level 5 is enough for a player to get used to in game commands and proper roleplay.

Possession

Possession of items such as cars,planes,boats,property will have a buy tax. So the player's first car will have 0 tax. He will just pay the car price and nothing more. On the second car he will pay the car price + 5% tax from the car price. This means if the car price is 10000 he will have to pay 10500. Third car can have 7.5 and so goes on. Max limit of tax will be 25% (10 cars). Afterwards player can buy as much as he wants by paying 25% tax. On boats tax will be higher starting with 0% on first boat and going to 10% on second boat with max 40%

Airplanes, helicopters will start with 0% and climb to 100% tax. step will be set to 15% for second and so goes on till 100%.

If one of the above gets destroyed the tax goes down one. So if you had 3 cars one got destroyed when you will buy a new car you will pay tax as having 2 cars since one got destroyed. In other words the tax step goes by how many cars you currently possess.

The above rules apply only on buying a new car from the dealership. If you buy the car from another player you will pay only transfer fees (which will be set accordingly with the server economy).

After a player has bought a car,plane,boat etc he will have to buy insurance for it. Insurance means that if the car gets destroyed he can get it back by wasting insurance points. Insurance points can go up to 5 times. So if a car is destroyed 5 times it needs to be bought again as brand new. Insurance point 1 will cost 2% of the car's buy value. Point 2 will be 4% and so goes on. Furthermore a player will be able to buy a tracker for his vehicle which will be a constant price.

Player will pay an amount of tax every in game day. Based on the income he made that day by his own work(not the money he gets based on his level. these will be tax free) there will be a tax depending on his possessions. This insures that a player will never go bankrupt and he pays tax based on his daily income. Tax will be variable based on the possessions of the player. Cars,boats,helicopters,airplanes and property. So if we say 100% is the amount of income. for each car he will pay 2%, heli and airplane 4% and boats 3%. For each property he will pay 6%. So someone who owns 1 car and one house with an income of 1000 per game day. he will pay 8 percent of that. which is 80 bucks. Always keep in mind that the tax is only on the amount of money he made and not the one he got from leveling.

Fines

LSPD fines can go two ways. Either fine based on a constant spreadsheet(which means you give out a ticket no matter if the player is rich or poor) or based on income. We can just set a speed ticket will be 200 dollars and that will apply to all players or go as Sweden does. They apply their fines based on someone's income. So you start with the basic fine which is 200 dollars and then you add a tax to it based on financial balance.

If 200 dollars is the fine you can add for each 1000 dollars the player has in his account a 5% to the fine.

so for someone who has 1000 dollars and he gets a 200 fine he will end up paying 200+ 2.5%= 205. With that way you charge the poor with lowest fines and the rich with expensive ones. We could add to that the property of the player as well but that goes too far in my opinion. Charging based on property and financial state.

I think you're getting laws and rules mixed up. Dylan created in-game rules we can look this over and dependent on the priorities of any rule you've suggested that we don't already have we can implement. In our most recent update we have stated we're supporting community factions now. If you'd like to suggest in-game in-character laws for players that the police will enforce the Government would be the area you'd be interested in. I believe they handle taxes as well (most likely not the %, funding)

I like the LSPD idea, in my area an officer can give tickets or decide to arrest a person for any crime if they see fit. The ticket amounts have a minimum and maximum limit which can be issued at intervals such as $150-300 for 40 km/h over speed limit. We are planning on issuing property tax on all player's properties including vehicles, see Feature Reveal #1 (Economy). All purchases have sales tax, this regulates every purchase immediately at a fixed rate. It will feature income tax for all classes of persons, lower, middle and upper class so it will calculate all assets owned and tax the player based upon that - This removes the need for increasing the tax every purchase as you mentioned above because a player with more assets and income is taxed more.

The idea of a starting basis for the server with levels & starting money is quite small and generic, we already have plans for how players will start.

Just suggestions, not to step on your toes @GasKetse! All of these offenses would be Officer Discretion meaning, this is the max they can charge anywhere from 0 - that amount. As for jail time, it's the recommended amount however if we find out that there is some need to up and adjust times...it can be done.

Motor-Vehicle Charges

• Running a Stop Sign / Red Light - $50.00
  • Reckless Driving - $250.00
  • Negligent Driving - $250.00
  • Following Too Closely - $75.00
  • Failure to Use Headlights - $50.00
  • Un-Roadworthy Vehicle - $75.00
  • Broken Tail-Light or Headlight - $50.00
  • Illegal U-Turn - $75.00
  • Failure to Yield Right of Way - $75.00
  • Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle - $100.00
  • Traveling the Wrong Way - $150.00
  • Illegal Turn - $50.00
  • Illegal Passing - $100.00
  • DUI (Drugs or Alcohol) - $250.00 + Jail-Time (5 Min Recommended)
  • Failure to Pay Fines - $50.00 (In addition to other charges)
  • Failure to Display Registration - $75.00 + Vehicle Impound
  • Repeat Traffic Offender (10+ Tickets in 1 week) - $200.00
  • Speeding (10-19 MPH Over) - $50.00
  • Speeding (20-29 MPH Over) - $100.00
  • Speeding (30+ MPH Over) - $250.00 + Jail-Time
  • Hit & Run - $100.00
  • Excessive Noise - $25.00 (Loud exhaust or excessive horn use)

Criminal Charges

- Misdemeanors

• Unlawful Discharge of Firearm - $200.00 + Jail-Time (5 Min Recommended)

• Assault - $100.00 + Jail-Time (2 - 5 Min Recommended)

• Public Display of Firearm - $125.00 + Jail-Time (2 - 5 Min Recommended)

• Public Intoxication - $75.00 + Jail-Time (2 - 3 Min Recommended)

• Obstruction of Justice - $100.00 + Jail-Time (5 - 8 Min Recommended)

• Disorderly Conduct - $50.00 + Jail-Time (2 - 5 Min Recommended)

• Attempted Grand Theft Auto - $100.00 + Jail-Time (5 - 8 Min Recommended)

• Possession of Burgalry Tools (Lockpicks/Slimjim) - $75.00 + Jail-Time (3 - 5 Min Recommended)

• Arson - $50.00 + Jail-Time (2 - 4 Min Recommend)

• Destruction of Property - $75.00* (No Jail-Time. Fine or cost of repairs.)

• Domestic Violence - $90.00 + Jail-Time (5 Min Recommended)

• Prostitution (Solicitation) - $100.00 + Jail-Time (3 - 5 Min Recommend)

- Felonies

• Operating a Stolen Motor-vehicle / GTA - $250 + Jail-Time (8 - 12 Min Recommended)

• Use of Deadly Weapon to Cause Harm - $250 + Jail-Time (8 - 12 Min Recommended)

• Murder - $400 + Jail-Time (10 - 13 Min Recommended)

• Murder of LEO / EMS - $650 + Jail-Time (13 - 16 Min Recommended)

• Attempted Murder - $250 + Jail-Time (8 - 12 Min Recommend)

• Attempted Murder of LEO / EMS - $350 + Jail-Time (10 - 13 Min Recommended)

• Assault w/ Deadly Weapon - $175 + Jail-Time (5 - 10 Min Recommended)

• Assault on LEO / EMS - $200 + Jail-Time (8 - 10 Min Recommended)

• Fleeing & Eluding - $175 + Jail-Time (5 - 8 Min Recommended)

• Armed Robbery - $200 + Jail-Time (5 - 8 Min Recommended)

• Kidnapping - $275 + Jail-Time (8 - 10 Min Recommended)

• Conspiracy to Commit a Criminal Act - $150.00 + Jail-Time (3 - 5 Min Recommend)

• Upvote 1

Yeah what @Dylan said. I think as the server starts the officers with a close cooperation with LSPD high ranked officers will figure the penalties but its a start you know. At the moment I think we cannot put prices or jail time on penalties because we are not sure how the economy works ( at least I don't). @harmdone has probably a draft ready to start with. As far as I know he is the acting chief.

• Upvote 1

And lets be honest...new server etc we want players to be happy and not punished at all times. When we establish a good number of players then LSPD will step up their game. I don't think there will be a public list which states fines etc. Probably visible only to LSPD forum members. If someone feels he got punished unfair he can file an appeal to the department. If he doesn't get a solution he can go and report the LSPD to the admin team.

• Upvote 1

While I'm all for players enjoying themselves the less you enforce laws and criminal time and charges simply because you don't want them to feel like they're being punished all the time you're going to see the server turn into one in which is lawless and absolutely piss poor for people to want to RP police. It's a fine balance but these need to be finalized prior to a launch of the server so all players are on the same page and understanding of what the rules and laws are.

• Upvote 2