McCoy

In-game Global Help Chat

I'm not sure how many of you guys come from SA:MP or even know what SA:MP is but something popular on those RP servers are the /newb chat.

I was in a culture shock when I found out that command didn't exist within this server nor apparently GTA V's RP scene all together?
/newb is basically used for people to be able to ask OOC Server Related Questions through a Global chat in-which other players are able to answer through the same command.
I understand and was told for all questions you can /report 1 but here's some good reasons as to why it should be implemented.

1. It lets Staff and the Community see who the helpful in-game players are. On GTA: San Andreas' RP scene there would not only be "Admins" but "Helpers" who didn't have any actual power but would help constantly in-game. Those "Helpers" were then the ones to be considered more than others to become the next Staff members.
2. If the /newb section was added in, there would be less reports filed and Staff would be able to focus on other things - having more free-time to make sure things are ran smoothly is definitely one big benefit in my eyes.
3. Anyone who is in need of a question to be answered doesn't have to wait long periods of time as someone in the community can simply answer them with that chat. I had to wait a good ten minutes before someone answered my question about where to find something and I was given a simple answer of "Find it by asking around", like come on - ten minutes for that?

I understand that there's a section on the Discord to answer questions but even then it's not something that is constantly answered and I've seen people be jumped over their questions and ignored. Personally I think what keeps a server going is the constant flow of new players coming in and replacing old players who tend to get bored, not being able to get assisted is definitely something that drives players out.

-1 simply because, there already is a question channel in discord (which already helps people with their chances to become support), people with the support tag don't have any power and mostly answer /report 1, and lastly as this is more text based RP server, having more stuff in the chat box is not the answer.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

At the moment, we are comfortable with what we're offering to new players or current players for questions. We've got a report option for questions that Support Staff handles (and sometimes Moderators+), and we also have a questions channel on our discord server. Those two things should be sufficient for a player to receive answers for their questions.

- Osborn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.