jefree

Economy boost

Boosting economy would only have a good impact. Creating more roleplay. More people would join (Lifers), more gangs would be created, therefore more rp.

I dont got stats, but I know for a fact, been playing a little while now, most people join, play abit, see how much of a grind and how fast to nowhere they are going and leave. 

How about we make it so, people join, can somewhat quickly make progress, and than go on to roleplay properly. 

Lifer - Someone who doesn't have 10 hours a day to grind money to be able to play eclypse rp properly. Yes, you need a house, a car, and some cash to play this server properly. If you wanna dis-agree you just wanna keep control and keep the economy the same.

Hotfix ; 20 - 40% increase on money you make on all freelance jobs.

I have no idea about factions(cops,meds,ccb). But if freelance gets boost, im sure they should get it to.  

Now, to all the people saying itll ruin the economy..etc 

Simple hotfix for that ; Add money - wasting items. 10mil cars...etc Hella expensive clothing...etc 

So the ballars can still stand out. And money can go to waste. 

ty for reading, would be cool to get more noobs to post and see what they think.

If everyone made up to *40%* more money... what value would anything hold at that point? if you are expecting to get a fully paid for house (you can rent houses in eclipse btw) a fast sports car, and cash without having to grind for it, this seems like the opposite of what you are wanting. everyone having more money would cause less RP, you can buy pistols for 8,000 currently. to put this into perspective i can make 8,000 in less than 30 minutes making drugs, if you are a criminal character it is extremely easy to obtain a sports car and weapons, i understand the houses are fairly expensive.

also, when i first came into this city i knew nobody, had 0 connections, and had to learn for myself. It was very rocky, but people are willing to help you, currently as a new citizen you can mine, it is very good money and you can accumulate 6 digits before you lose that new player tag.

all in all.. if you just want to spend 1-2 hours a day on eclipse your wealth and power in game should resemble that.

giphy.gif

Edited by braxr

ok first of all, i dont have a house and i dont use a car. Been logging off at DCC while i worked there, and now just do the same at PD.

20-40% increase on freelance jobs in my humble opinion is meaningless. Just join a work faction, freelance work is not supposed to be a money maker, it is to get you started off a bit and make you get used to it. Cant just increase the income from that as criminals can and do do these jobs to make some cash on the side.

Lastly, server is fine and well, especially these days, so i dont really see an issue with people leaving if they dont like it, it is not for everyone.

At the end, find a server that fits you, rather than trying to change a successful server into something you think is better.

• Upvote 1

Well, but imo this game is just like any other mmorpg, you have to grind a bit to have something. There are no games where you can achieve everything in the first 10 or 20 hours... You are not doing any quests or whatsoever, but trying to create RP for yourself and get some money by joining a gang or legal factions.

Boosting economy would make it more fair for regular players who dont play 10hours a day to have a chance / make the game more ENJOYABLE because they dont have to grind 20 hours to get almost nothing in the game. They dont have 20 hours. 20hours would take normal people weeks. 

Giving an economy boost would make it so these normal people could focus more on ROLEPLAYING rather than GRINDING for a car and a house. 

Imagine if everyone actually had there own pocket money instead of bumming off each other all the time - because the economy got a boost and people dont have to spend as much time grinding. MORE TIME FOR ROLEPLAYING.

I cant be more clear than this. Those russian servers you see with 5000 people playing, those servers dont have a heavy ass grind, why? Because that kills population, that KILLS roleplay. If you dont see how that works together than I dont know what to tell you. 😜 Server is gonna stay the same with the same people in control, whens the last time Zeta's lost power? never? LOL 

Like dont you actually want to see cool roleplay happening, lmao, the majority of players dont make it past the grinding faze because its to much. They end up leaving because THEY DONT HAVE THE TIMEEEEEEE. They rather play another game that doesn't take them a 20 hours grind to finally get a decent car you can drive around. - and finally be able to contest with other players.

7 minutes ago, Freclan said:

That makes no sense, you don't need money to RP

Guess i'll just walk around everywhere and talk to people. Cause thats what RP is in this server. It's totally not a Cops n Robbers where your car, house, gun dont matter at all.

You need money for everything and anything in this server. You DO need money to RP in this server, properly, especially if you want to get anywhere meaningful. 🙂

Still view it as you dont need money to RP? Transfer me everything you got and lets see how much you enjoy the server. LMAO

Just now, jefree said:

Guess i'll just walk around everywhere and talk to people. Cause thats what RP is in this server. It's totally not a Cops n Robbers where your car, house, gun dont matter at all.

You need money for everything and anything in this server. You DO need money to RP in this server, properly, especially if you want to get anywhere meaningful. 🙂

Still view it as you dont need money to RP? Transfer me everything you got and lets see how much you enjoy the server. LMAO

join a faction lul

My dude, changing the way the economy works on this server could be beneficial, but it certainly wouldn't be in the direction of making money easier to obtain, if anything, it would focus on decreasing job payouts. I understand from a new player perspective it seems like things are hard, but that's how it is at the start. You grind, get money, build connections and hopefully move into something a bit more easier like an official faction or gang.

One of the most brought up aspects on the server is how most gangs/criminals that belong to factions have sports cars and access to super cars, I don't think this would be the case if making money was as hard as you say it is. A game requiring someone to grind isn't necessarily bad, you only see it as bad because you don't have the time to play, which is fine, if this was the case then MMOs like WOW and BDO wouldn't be popular and everyone would stop playing, instead you have a server that has the biggest number of players out of any other English speaking server, which would go against your argument. 

All in all, change things around and make things that promote RP, I am totally on-board with you there, I just don't think that increasing the way to make money is the issue, I would argue the issue has to do with the lack of script support for RP opportunities and the player base Eclipse has cultivated in its existence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.