Zigo Ortiz

Impound division of LCPD

A division of LCPD with civilian employees that runs the impound, that's all they do. No arrest powers just working a post at the lot. Limit to 2-4 active employees but also make it no person can work some crazy ass long shift hogging all the salary. mandatory shift limits and then mandatory off time. 

We will never create a system in which people are required to play and not play at certain times, because this is a video game, not real life.

I also doubt we will ever create a civilian division for the impound, because there is very little IC or OOC benefit for the faction, as we would much rather just always have more police than a civilian that loiters at the impound.

The impounding system should just be automated, there is very little RP in it for either the police or civilians and the RP involved is very mechanical and formulaic. The only benefit it sometimes offers the police is that occasionally a wanted person may make an impound release request. Perhaps a balance can be struct where if an Officer has not responded to your impound release request after x amounts of minutes then you can just release it without their assistance. 

• Like 1

Make the system automated so cops dont have to respond, you can just get your cars out if you have no tickets.

If the person is wanted then instead of releasing their vehicle, it notifies PD that a wanted person tried and failed at getting their car out.

• Like 2

I would love to see secure impounded cars being able to released by the owner itself, since you don't need to pay anyway.

Having a system that won't allow to release vehicle when having charges is not what I would prefer though, but the timer idea of being able to release a vehicle after an x amount of time seems cool.

• Upvote 2

I think a quick fix to this would be give LSPD and LSSD some sort of impound release bonus like the MD do for taking somone to the hospital, that way it's a win win, people will be happy to get their car back fast, and police will get a small bonus for doing it. Will make cops respond straight away in my opinion lol

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

This is something that should be suggested to the Los Santos Police Department through In Character means, as no OOC suggestion is going to initiate the creation of an In Character division. You can utilize the Government forums to get in contact with leaders of government factions (with the exception of DCC, mechanic shops and Weazel News).

- Osborn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.