Yputi

Building IC sites instead of forum for official factions

Hello!

So I have been working on a simple site for Bayview lately, using Google Sites, which is free! I came with the idea when I found out Google Sites got updated to a new version and I gave it a try. Then I started to realize that having IC sites (actual sites) would make more sense RP wise. I went ahead with starting to make some sort of demo site, so I could later made a topic (this one) and include that example in here. I talked a little with people in the Bayview Discord about it and they agreed it would be cool to have an actual site instead of forum topics. Many people refer to their forum topic as "our site" already, so having an actual one would be very sweet imo. A good adventage is that Google Sites works very well with all other Google Service; Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Forms, etc and it's also super easy to manage, giving people different permissions to edit, view and do many more to the site.

The main reason why I create this topic is to discuss/get to know if having an IC site is not against the rules and/or more factions like DCC, Weazel and LSC should/have the option to do it.

Here I have the example I made. Be aware, some things are just there to test it out and the information given is random, just as an example:
https://sites.google.com/view/bayview-auto-center

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Hello!

So I have been working on a simple site for Bayview lately, using Google Sites, which is free! I came with the idea when I found out Google Sites got updated to a new version and I gave it a try. Then I started to realize that having IC sites (actual sites) would make more sense RP wise. I went ahead with starting to make some sort of demo site, so I could later made a topic (this one) and include that example in here. I talked a little with people in the Bayview Discord about it and they agreed it would be cool to have an actual site instead of forum topics. Many people refer to their forum topic as "our site" already, so having an actual one would be very sweet imo. A good adventage is that Google Sites works very well with all other Google Service; Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Forms, etc and it's also super easy to manage, giving people different permissions to edit, view and do many more to the site.

The main reason why I create this topic is to discuss/get to know if having an IC site is not against the rules and/or more factions like DCC, Weazel and LSC should/have the option to do it.

Here I have the example I made. Be aware, some things are just there to test it out and the information given is random, just as an example:
https://sites.google.com/view/bayview-auto-center

This is awesome  I've also been looking into this system as well for the sites 

+1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pegorino said:

This is awesome  I've also been looking into this system as well for the sites 

+1

Great! Also, I changed the permissions to see the slides 😉 Saw a request comming in to view it, so its fixed now! (same for docs and sheets, no log in to google required aswell!)

Edited by Yputi
  • PogU 1

9 hours ago, kenichis said:

I think this would be a great idea for business and government factions such as PD, DCC and LSC etc.

However, I think an OOC thread for official gangs should stay

I don't think it's good for PD though, as they use it for much more then applications + they already got their own forum.

Edited by Yputi

26 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I don't think it's good for PD though, as they use it for much more then applications

Would be cool if PD had its own website though, and what they use for stuff other than applications could stay the same and be internal rather than everyone being able to see it. Same goes for SD, MD and DOC.

Anyways, really cool idea there! That's looking really good, would be cool if all factions could change it up (other than gangs ofc)

14 minutes ago, SaltyPython said:

Would be cool if PD had its own website though, and what they use for stuff other than applications could stay the same and be internal rather than everyone being able to see it. Same goes for SD, MD and DOC.

Anyways, really cool idea there! That's looking really good, would be cool if all factions could change it up (other than gangs ofc)

PD website would be cool. Could be a good place to post press releases or events for PD, say a fundraising event for a local charity.

1 minute ago, Freclan said:

PD website would be cool. Could be a good place to post press releases or events for PD, say a fundraising event for a local charity.

I honestly think Weazel Could benefit the most of this though! As long as they got people willing to spend time on it and as long as we can find out where/who to exactly approach for this to get this done for factions that want it 😄 

Edited by Yputi

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I honestly think Weazel Could benefit the most of this though! As long as they got people willing to spend time on it and as long as we can find out where/who exactly approach for this to get this done for factions that want it 😄 

make sure to get it bought up at the Faction meeting we all have