Lucius.D

Requiring acceptance to open downed players invintory.

1 hour ago, Aldarine said:

The thing is that once in a downed state, your health bar is actively decreasing meaning you are in the process of dying. That takes priority over whatever injury you decide to RP. Once a medic gets on scene and is able to stop the health decrease, you are free to then RP whatever injury you please (while still being realistic). In all actuality, people should be thinking heavily of what injuries they are roleplaying instead of trying to take the easy way out. A player slams their bike into a light post, is in a downed state and has their health bar seconds from empty, and they roleplay a broken leg with no bleeding, bruising, and no other injuries to the body? Now how does that make sense for an injury when your life is draining before your eyes? What about a twisted ankle? I'm 99.9% sure that won't kill you either but we have compromise which is why injuries like this are allowed. I will again state that the time between being put in a downed state and a medic arriving should be viewed by all players as the most vulnerable and frightening state they can possibly be in due to the fact that their life may be over any moment. If there was any form of required acceptance for a downed player robbery this would only result in stalled rp. Also, think about this... if there was an acceptance, what would prevent every single person from roleplaying a twisted ankle after they threw themselves off of a building just so they have grounds to resist? That's opening a whole new can of worms and giving a green light for massive non-rp behavior.

very true point, how long would someone usually be in a downed state for before dying ? or does this vary significantly??
Your point is a very valid one, maybe something within the mechanics may, in the future, be tweaked to alllow for an added "slot" of RP to be introduced into the server. So maybe all downed players start with the same health, and this downed state lasts for 10 minutes, could this allow for more RP to be inserted into where there is currently none? 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, GWXCORE said:

Add an /ame at the beginning and give it the opening bag animation. Sound like a reasonable middle ground?

This would solve the problem. I get that it is super annoying cause it happens to me all the time but the problem isn't that I'm getting looted it's that they are able to do it without anyone knowing that's what they are doing. My friends who are there think it's just an innocent bystander until they see the *takes gun... Etc. 

From an RP standpoint my friends would absolutely protect a fallen friend and vice versa but because they can stand X distance away and do the whole search without an /ame or any kind of animation they have no idea what's going on till all my shit is gone. With zero RP. 

I don't like the idea of being able to resist or deny but I think it should be clear what is happening via animation and /ame. So +1 to that suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

This would solve the problem. I get that it is super annoying cause it happens to me all the time but the problem isn't that I'm getting looted it's that they are able to do it without anyone knowing that's what they are doing. My friends who are there think it's just an innocent bystander until they see the *takes gun... Etc. 

From an RP standpoint my friends would absolutely protect a fallen friend and vice versa but because they can stand X distance away and do the whole search without an /ame or any kind of animation they have no idea what's going on till all my shit is gone. With zero RP. 

I don't like the idea of being able to resist or deny but I think it should be clear what is happening via animation and /ame. So +1 to that suggestion.

This. Very much this. As the OP im happy with this middleground. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.