kenichis

/do chance mechanic

Imagine this situation, you’re being arrested and you decide to swallow a pill to fake your death. You do a /me falls over to the ground and follow up with a /me takes a pill in his hand while he is falling and for good measure you do a /do will the officer notice?. 9/10 the scenario will end with the officer realizing he has done it and only 1/10 will the officer RP not realizing.

I believe that there should be a command to decide a yes / no question where it can be completely fair. Now reimagine the scenario. You do a /do will the officer notice?, and then you ask him to use the command on wether or not he will. Lets assume the command will work as following, /chance. “No (ID X)” or “Yes (ID X).” That way, it will prevent PG from the party attempting to sneakily do something and also prevent him from being mad that the officer did not play along with RP. I would love to see this kind of feature.

You can use /ame to display the /me above your head and not in text chat. If someone saw you do something, they'll see the /ame. I say it's fair game, you just have to time it right.

On a side note, deathRP has to be earned, not simply given out or forced.

"Fair" is subjective. Some people might consider it realistic for them to overpower two cops while they're trying to cuff them.

What you're describing is roll/dice RP which is possible with /roll, however a good majority of players (including myself) frown upon it, as it leaves to RNG what shouldn't be left to RNG.

Using this system I could do all sorts of crazy stuff such as /me attempts to flip the car /roll. That's an exaggerated example, but less obvious powergaming can easily be facilitated by the seemingly "fair" nature of dumb luck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Using this system I could do all sorts of crazy stuff such as /me attempts to flip the car /roll. That's an exaggerated example, but less obvious powergaming can easily be facilitated by the seemingly "fair" nature of dumb luck.

I wouldn't say this is a good example as what I was showing is wether or not RP'ing our counterpart to be not vigilant enough where the dice throw type system could be "fair." I wouldn't recommend this to be used to justify PG in the sense of unrealistic acts but only on the "without giving chance to react" part.

14 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

What you're describing is roll/dice RP which is possible with /roll

Also as far as I know /roll is your character doing it IC'ly not a /do to state facts regarding the situation.

39 minutes ago, Xoza said:

In these instances I would ask you to /dice it. Perception vs Slight of Hand.

Yes! Very much what I had in mind but you worded it much better with the simple perception vs slight of hand. DnD players wya. Also I still would like to point out that /dice sends a message that your character is throwing dice not just RNG for “stats.”

1 hour ago, kenichis said:

Yes! Very much what I had in mind but you worded it much better with the simple perception vs slight of hand. DnD players wya. Also I still would like to point out that /dice sends a message that your character is throwing dice not just RNG for “stats.”

Are you saying it's an issue that it doesn't show in brackets? It only rolls a dice, no animation. If there are statistical advantages/disadvantages, you could also roll twice, depending on who has what.

You're being cuffed.. you trip and attempt to swallow a pill. Likely a difficult maneuver, you'd roll twice to beat my perception, but you'd take the lowest roll.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking for specifically.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.