After playing this server now for a little bit I have noticed the lack of due care for driving. Players bombing around in cars on the wrong side of the road and smashing into people and just driving off, no sense of real driving style at all. This goes for the community as a whole, citizens, law enforcement and ems. I fully understand that there is no in game a.i but that shouldn't stop people from role playing the fact they can drive normally (you take a driving test in game for the road laws). Only from time to time do I see people driving carefully but those are new players that I assume think that is how it's meant to be, until they see other older community members just driving around like the devil is chasing them.  

In my eyes it holds a lot of fail RP, no value of life and playing likes its GTA:O. The server is a whitelisted server and rated very highly among the ranks of other RP servers within the Rage community.

So what I feel is needed to make this community better:

1. Enforce a "No GTA:Online driving" rule.

2. Be more strict on people driving around like its not a RP server.

3. Add more speed traps around the map but lessen the fine amounts a little. 

4. Maybe hold a community meeting in discord or make a statement to let everybody know it is not on.

I would also like to hear other peoples ideas to make this a better all around RP server and I feel this is a big element that is ruining the immersion for a decent amount of us.

Many thanks. 

JAMES.

Discord: NNEZZIE#2598

Edited by james st patrick
  • Like 3

I feel like Eclipse is meant to have both the fun criminal vs cops gameplay, along with the serious rp between people in the server. Crime life entails fast cars, lots of money, and evading the police. Without being able to drive recklessly and fast, it takes away the fun of breaking the law. It also doesn't allow for RP with cops when it comes to speeding. What's the point of using drug money to buy a fast car, if you can only go 70km in the city? I think to keep the fun in the cops vs crims dynamic, there needs to be crimes other then selling drugs and robbing stores.

33 minutes ago, Idon'tknowman said:

I feel like Eclipse is meant to have both the fun criminal vs cops gameplay, along with the serious rp between people in the server. Crime life entails fast cars, lots of money, and evading the police. Without being able to drive recklessly and fast, it takes away the fun of breaking the law. It also doesn't allow for RP with cops when it comes to speeding. What's the point of using drug money to buy a fast car, if you can only go 70km in the city? I think to keep the fun in the cops vs crims dynamic, there needs to be crimes other then selling drugs and robbing stores.

He was not saying we shouldn't drive fast, hell you drop a lot of cash on a fast car, you should be able to tear it up. But when you are driving your car down the road and a bus or truck comes at you on the wrong side of the road at oncoming traffic, it brings you straight out of RP. We had a bus hit us oncoming, we had a armored truck do the same not but 5 mins later. We see people driving on the opposite sides of highways like it is the right side to be on. Not one of these people were in police chases. They were just bad at driving / fail driving and this happens way too often.

i agree with being able to drive your car fast  and if you are doing criminal things then yes  get out of there but  what im trying to get at is there is a lot of troll driving going on people just driving busses down the wrong road trying to get at the next spot faster or  people just driving to the nearest shop at a million miles an hour to then smash into you then drive away without role playing a car crash or even saying sorry  it feels like this rule is over looked 

53 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Everyone know than a lot of things make think than this server is more about cash and expensive cars but thats how people make it .

If you will start work on your own Roleplay its will be different ..

how does making a start on my own roleplay effect the others in the server i dont know if i miss understand what you are saying   but  the server in a hole  admins and people with the power to need to  state that this isnt a gta online with a hint of rp its an rp server    im not making new rules up its something every member signed when joining the server the server rules   and people fail rp driving around like its a waste land because there is no a.i is silly 

ER  Completely disagree. It's up to each individual how they choose to obey the law. Cops pull people over all the time. We have speed cameras. We have VDM rules. All this would really do is increase the already rather thick backlog of rule breaking reports admins have to deal with. If you feel a rule has been violated, because you say the rule already exists, clip it, report it, and let the admins sort it out. Your post also asserts that all GTA RP servers should have the same personality, and just be basically carbon copies of each other with different people. I'm not going to say the server isn't without issues, none are, but this particular thing isn't one of them. Personally I don't want every little traffic accident I have to turn into a 30 minute RP scene. There are things I want to invest my RP time into and that ain't one of them. 

Edit to add this:

Immersion is personal and different to everyone. Personally I get immersed in the ECRP world enough without thinking every aspect of play has to be realistic . If that's what you want I'm sure there are GTA RP servers that maintain a very strict control over every aspect  of RP to make sure it's ultra realistic. This isn't one of them, and thank God for that. I personally like the situationally casual approach to RP here and think the atmosphere of the server would be ruined by a crackdown and application of hardcore RP standards . 

Edited by cheatonus

8 hours ago, james st patrick said:

Players bombing around in cars on the wrong side of the road and smashing into people and just driving off

Unfortunately you can't prove that it was a desync by someone crashes into you, the amount of desync due to different coding in ragemp is giving me a headache, i can't imagine looking at a car being bombed like 5 times in a row then all of a sudden it carrys on driving due to desync (in my eyes) but still if it happens in my eyes and he is next to me driving i would've been blown up too ! it still damaged my car, Desync can be anything due to (crashing into peoples car) or looking at a parked car "even cops" doing burnouts in your screen but on their side they're not doing it which i believe it, so Desync is the most thing have killed my interest to RP anymore around eclipse, ragemp should've already worked on sync.

10 hours ago, MildsHawk said:

Unfortunately you can't prove that it was a desync by someone crashes into you, the amount of desync due to different coding in ragemp is giving me a headache, i can't imagine looking at a car being bombed like 5 times in a row then all of a sudden it carrys on driving due to desync (in my eyes) but still if it happens in my eyes and he is next to me driving i would've been blown up too ! it still damaged my car, Desync can be anything due to (crashing into peoples car) or looking at a parked car "even cops" doing burnouts in your screen but on their side they're not doing it which i believe it, so Desync is the most thing have killed my interest to RP anymore around eclipse, ragemp should've already worked on sync.

i feel that my English slang got you confused  bombing around  as in speeding around driving careless  not blowing up as in a bomb  sorry  that was on me    

12 hours ago, cheatonus said:

ER  Completely disagree. It's up to each individual how they choose to obey the law. Cops pull people over all the time. We have speed cameras. We have VDM rules. All this would really do is increase the already rather thick backlog of rule breaking reports admins have to deal with. If you feel a rule has been violated, because you say the rule already exists, clip it, report it, and let the admins sort it out. Your post also asserts that all GTA RP servers should have the same personality, and just be basically carbon copies of each other with different people. I'm not going to say the server isn't without issues, none are, but this particular thing isn't one of them. Personally I don't want every little traffic accident I have to turn into a 30 minute RP scene. There are things I want to invest my RP time into and that ain't one of them. 

Edit to add this:

Immersion is personal and different to everyone. Personally I get immersed in the ECRP world enough without thinking every aspect of play has to be realistic . If that's what you want I'm sure there are GTA RP servers that maintain a very strict control over every aspect  of RP to make sure it's ultra realistic. This isn't one of them, and thank God for that. I personally like the situationally casual approach to RP here and think the atmosphere of the server would be ruined by a crackdown and application of hardcore RP standards . 

so what you are saying is roleplay only starts when you want it to   when driving to go meet friends there is no roleplay to that    if you dont want to rp  you smashing into someone but the other person does  and all you do is drive away like you wasnt hurt  or VALUE of life  that doesnt matter because you dont want  it to   ?

IMO this wouldn't be such a BIG issue if there were ai in the game. There would be more traffic all over the place that would make people slow down, even a little bit. I do prefer to not have a player cap on the server unlike others, I guess it's a price we pay.

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• Non-RP driving can be reported both IC and OOCly.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunde