CycloneDavid

GPS/Maps in Company Vehicles

Hey all,

This is a branch off of a post I recently responded to. Can we look/consider the idea of the GPS/Maps functions being locked and available within company owned vehicles for the basic jobs available in game? (money transporter, postal, truck driver, etc).

A good majority of people doing these jobs are within the 500XP to 10000XP range (some people like myself still do them) and are easy targets to robberies due to the vehicle speeds (I played AEST between 5pm and 10pm last night and was robbed 4 times in the money transporter vehicle, and that's only with between 70-90 people in the server at that time). In some cases having to re-buy these items (along with the phone/battery that's likely stolen as well) that many times nearly renders the job pointless financially. The only way you'll get these jobs done is to have the GPS/Maps to know where your jobs are at. I suggest they are locked within the vehicle, so they will only work when the player climbs in (not standing outside), and can't be removed from the vehicles inventory.

I don't think its an unrealistic thing to do either because if you were a worker in any of these jobs you wouldn't be required to purchase this equipment to do the job unless you were contracting your own vehicle.

I understand there's another thread with people asking it be removed completely and linked to a phone app, but if that doesn't happen can we at least consider this?

Edited by CycloneDavid

I've actually never been robbed while driving the postal van and its not really because I didn't work long hours since I bought my 140K apartment and motorcycle with money made from the courier job. So I've worked well around 200K dollars from the starting job, I guess thats really just part of the risk of working the job, any job really.

I work in DCC now and now and then some fool still tries to rob me, of course I have my PF so I can always defend myself. It's really just adding to realism you could say since getting robbed is a real risk in any job and I don't think the starting jobs should get special treatment.

Just stay safe and lock your doors, remember you're not in danger according to Fear RP if you lock doors and keep the engine running. Keep playing and it'll pay out.

I'm not necessarily requesting those jobs be protected, but in reality if you went to work for any of those jobs IRL you would be provided that equipment to complete the duties. I would even look at it differently if the job came up with an address instead, because much like anything else in game, you either have a GPS and find it that way or you don't and find it yourself, but it doesn't give you that option either. You jump in and it says the job is marked, and unless you have the GPS you've got nothing.

There are ways to keep safe, but in my opinion those ways are unrealistic because you've basically got to drive like a bat-out-of-hell from one place to the next, which wouldn't happen IRL either.

But thanks for your feedback though.

I do believe that because the OOC mech requests system and other similar systems require a map to respond.... that these vehicles should have that function built in.  Even if I know the city by heart which I do, I cant respond to a tow call if I dont have a gps... kinda ruins the whole point of them in the first place... +1

Edited by Wizzidy