Shift

Please just remove the quiz thingy.

I've been trying to do it legit now with only reading the rules and then going into the quiz.

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED RP BEFORE? how do you excpect someone to actually be able to do the quiz as a new player? and waiting 12 hours to be able to do the quiz again? that is a joke.

This is way harder then my drivers licence test, holy shit.

I got 10/14 and now i'll have to wait 12 hrs?

The questions also are kinda stupid because you really have to read between the lines in some rules and make you're own decision what you think is right to do even though its not??

Hey Shift,

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time getting through the quiz. Which questions in particular are you having issues with? Look those terms up on google/youtube.

The quiz is there to motivate people to learn how an RP community works before you join us. If you aren't getting through the quiz right now that means that you don't have a grasp of the RP terminology and rules yet. And that's okay.

I'd recommend looking up a guide on youtube, there's plenty of RP guides from SAMP on youtube for you to check out. Also check out these forum threads:

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/guide-how-to-roleplay.2214/

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/eclipse-roleplay-server-rules.258/

Edited by Guest

I totally understand how some people (such as yourself) could get annoyed at this sort of thing. However, if the quiz was not implemented, there would be a lot more trolls joining without any intention to RP and therefore would get rid of the community that does want to RP which would lead to a dead server. In terms of you being a new RP player, that should have no difference with you doing the quiz. This roleplay server roleplays real life so just say what you would do in real life and your fine. Finally, I do believe the cooldown system is unnecessary and don't really see a point in it. The only reason I can think it being helpful is to influence the player to go and read the rules but in that case, only 10-15 minutes should be needed. If the cooldown is any longer, I believe it will throw players away from the server instead of bring them back as a better RP player.

See so yeah what I'm saying is, the cooldown should be way lower, I know its needed otherwise trolls etc..

but for me as a neewbie its so boring to just wait and wait ..

but yeah..

The long wait time deters trolls. If trolls have to wait 15 mins to do the test again they say meh I'll just wait, if it's 12 hours they find a new server.

And so do new players. Trolls will be a minority and that is what server staff are for.

Obviously not, considering we get new players who RP well everyday. And trust me, trolls are not the minority. Had you been here longer than 1 day you would attest to that as well.

• Upvote 1

don't step into a role-play server if you don't know the fundamentals of it. You have to educate yourself by looking up guides on this website or by searching on Google. It's a very simple quiz, all you need to understand is some role-play terminologies such as powergaming, metagaming, fear rp, fail rp etc.

If the quiz was removed or made easier, then we'd have this same topic but with a different subject, "Stop punishing us who are new.". If you've never heard or done any role-play before, it's not wise to step into a role-play server. You will end up breaking rules and you will end up being punished, hence why the quiz is in place to make sure that players who join are familiar with the basics.

Nonetheless, I wish you best of luck and feel free to message me if there's anything I can help you with.

Edited by Guest

See so yeah what I'm saying is, the cooldown should be way lower, I know its needed otherwise trolls etc..

but for me as a neewbie its so boring to just wait and wait ..

but yeah..

Sorry for any inconveniences that may have been caused by the server quiz, but it serves an important purpose and will not be removed or lowered. Please take your time to read the following, before attempting to take the quiz again: https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/roleplay-quiz-answers.2970/

• Upvote 1