Jack_Hyden

TRUCKERS JOB RIPOFF - Fix suggestion

Hello everyone. 

I would like this to stay polite and not rude. Topic i will present here is only for suggesting means not to report anyone. I would like to tell you what happened today... I was doing truckers job on a nice sunny day, around 1000 dollars for a quick nice job. And then there was Earl's... so i saw the 2000 dollar job and i took it because it was looking really apealling to get 2k fast. But how this was not the reality.. i spend around 20minutes filling up my fuel trailer.. (177960 litres) and then 10min for transport to the location and another 20min to onload it. If you dont see a problem here i dont blame you.. will explain some more. I could make 2000 dollars in 5min for 2 motorsport contracts. so what do you chose 5min or 1h for same price? The problem is not about the money but the unrelistic RP. My suggestion (to fix jobs like this) is to limit fuel orders to 20000 litres in 1 transport job and cargo orders to 10000 in one job. This would mean that the person who wishes to buy 180000 of fuel would need to assign more job for the same thing. It would make RP more real and also give more jobs to the truckers. And more money and more fair gameplay. 

Thank for everyone who reads this and i hope you understand what i mean.

Greetings to all and have a pleasant day,

Jack Hayden

Edited by Jack_Hyden
  • Like 1

I'm really not seeing where this is so unrealistic. Trucking and delivering orders takes time with high cargo loads, it's not a wham, bam, super fast money maker. All jobs have their ups and downs in regards to how much can be made by the hour.

1 hour ago, Jack_Hyden said:

how can you not see the problem? would you sell your car or your house for 10 dollars in real life? you wouldnt.. same thing here

The biggest issue is that by your own omission, you wanted to make $2,000 "quick" and it didn't turn out to be that way. You went in with a certain mindset and it didn't pan out that way, instead it took longer. Is balancing a bit of an issue? Yes absolutely it is in all areas of the server, however, as alexalex states above, its user end controlled.

I love the user controlled job orders, are there flaws in this system?  Of course. 

I believe it would be better to stimulate the economy a little bit, f.i. now you can eat from one burger and one bottle of water and you satisfied that need for a couple of days. If you would need to eat and drink more to satisfy the needs there will automatically be more orders.

Adding a maximum amount that you can order at one time would increase the numbers of jobs. I mean it makes no sense to order something like 200000 liters of fuel as that means around 200 tons of load, while a truck can carry a max amount of 40-60 tons? Same for foods etc... the space in a trailer is just not unlimited as it is now.I understand that it maybe is hard to implement this script wise, but we are all here for RP so please shop owners when making an order use your common sense and try to get the requested amounts in one job realistic.

I also notice that whenever you have done a job and return your vehicle you don't need to refuel before returning the vehicle. As such a lot of the fuel sales is missed, every sale that could have been and doesn't go through is less orders for the truckers.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.