billzachos

Make police signs destructable

My suggestion si a very simple one. Make the police signs destructable. In this current state of the server with police signs being indestructible its not only unrealistic but also considered powergaming as in real life would a wooden sign be a able to stop a 4 seater going 210km/h.

Example of signs:

1791157108_copsigns.thumb.png.2549ecef0975ee0ce1e0ab9ca160ce5f.png

I would love to see someone drive through a barrier at 210kph and not damage their car... have you ever hit a racoon at 100kph? what about a deer? well think about a piece of plywood with steel legs? you would have a hold in your radiator, and your car overheat within a couple miles, not to mention if your lucky enough to not endup with wood/steel in the car.

If you want to make it more realistic, please stop rolling cars down mountains, then turn the key and drive off.... or Running and jumping from 4 storey buildings. Drive through a traffic post, and not slow down? or head on collision with another car, "hey man you good" , "yea" "me too, cya". 

The indestructible barricades are now used to prevent players for mass VDM ing people on a scene where attention is given to the rp, and not the manic doing 210kph on a highway that rply has thousands of cars on it.  Destructible barricades are used to interfere with pursuits as are spike strips, as it wouldn't make a whole lotta sense for a car to drive through barricades, cruisers and people without slowing down. The red and white barricades are a GTA item and can't be made destructible hence why PD changed their use to only manage and protect officers from people not paying attention or mass VDMs. 

The blue ones that officers use are destructible but I would expect you to RP damage to your car if your going to be doing that.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, Jbacon said:

I would love to see someone drive through a barrier at 210kph and not damage their car... have you ever hit a racoon at 100kph? what about a deer? well think about a piece of plywood with steel legs? you would have a hold in your radiator, and your car overheat within a couple miles, not to mention if your lucky enough to not endup with wood/steel in the car.

If you want to make it more realistic, please stop rolling cars down mountains, then turn the key and drive off.... or Running and jumping from 4 storey buildings. Drive through a traffic post, and not slow down? or head on collision with another car, "hey man you good" , "yea" "me too, cya". 

The indestructible barricades are now used to prevent players for mass VDM ing people on a scene where attention is given to the rp, and not the manic doing 210kph on a highway that rply has thousands of cars on it.  Destructible barricades are used to interfere with pursuits as are spike strips, as it wouldn't make a whole lotta sense for a car to drive through barricades, cruisers and people without slowing down. The red and white barricades are a GTA item and can't be made destructible hence why PD changed their use to only manage and protect officers from people not paying attention or mass VDMs. 

The blue ones that officers use are destructible but I would expect you to RP damage to your car if your going to be doing that.

I agree that Vehicle damage system and rules concerning it, should be reformed as some actions that you mentioned above are not realistic but a  big 4 wheeler car or a contender for instance can not be stalled by a small wooden sign in real life i think.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, GOAT said:

Hi Bill, we've been told not to use the solid barriers to stop vehicles on purpose anymore. They are only used now to protect crime or accident scenes.

If you hit them, it's likely you aren't paying attention to the road.

I dont think thats the case as they were used 3 days ago on me while passing through prison highway while being chase by cops. thye signs where placed all along the highway and they did noit only stall my car but also a passers by who did nothing wrong

If they were used to control a scene then that is acceptable by our PD internal policies, police are permitted to use the blue ones (breakable) to slow/damage cars. But what your saying seems more like an ic issue to me.

If there were officers inside that scene or other players and you had struck them im certain you would be facing mass VDM, if not worse. So the red barricades used to control scenes are there for your safety (against hitting players and getting a rule violation) and for their safety from getting VDM'd as you cant actually shot or kill anyone without RPing with them first now!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.