Wizzidy

Trucking job is a bigger trash heap than before...

Truck driving is currently a bigger disaster than it has ever been, with the implementation of this new update which made Trucking finally a fair paying job it's simultaneously took away the availability of the job completely... I like the idea of receiving orders from private shop owners for large amounts that we can deliver to make a better profit but those should be reserved for those who actually owned trucks so it's not every person who presses "Y" fighting over the rights to a very very very Limited of jobs... and they should bring back government contracts lesser amounts but more than they used to be because the job was always garbage pay so that even when there are no special contracts from private store owners those of us that just enjoy trucking and the trucking lifestyle actually do the job instead of sitting idle an hour to fight for a chance to take a $1,500 delivery.... I know that the update is still new and there are lots of growing pains but this is the second time I have seen the trucking job fall to a backseat for attention... it used to be the worst job of any of the ones in the city, now it is finally barely Fair, and every trucker in the city gets this crap over the $7,500 worth of orders replaced every 2 hours. ( not an exaggeration I have been sitting here counting)

I will also note that orders should have a 30-minute - 1-hour randomization to their actual placement because right now in order to make gas deliveries cheaper and receive a refund from players the gas companies and other large companies are coordinating with their friends to secure the gas deliveries which would never happen to Union.

PS: sorry for the white background I am using a voice dictation software because my hands like to give up sometimes

PS: There is no way to flip a trailer over if it falls or spawn a new one...

Edited by Wizzidy
  • Upvote 1

I had never actually tried the trucking job until earlier today, at first it was really enjoyable because there was a few $2000 and only me and one other doing orders, so there wasn't really any fighting for orders. And then as more people came online to truck, it became a mess.

9 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

sitting idle an hour to fight for a chance to take a $1,500 delivery

This happened and it wasn't fun, as quick as the notification came through to say there was a new order, by the time you opened the menu to check it had already gone.

As was already suggested above, 

32 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

i suggest "fake" deliveries to other un-owned businesses around like Burger Shot, Taco Bomb, a random warehouse, etc..

This would be a really nice addition to the trucking job and would stop the contest for who can click the fastest to grab a job. With every now and then the "fake" deliveries giving you a little bonus to encourage people to take the "fake" deliveries too. 

I've been RPing as a truck driver on this server since I started playing here a few weeks ago and was honestly loving it before the changes..
sure it didn't pay all that well but I was able to make a living out of it, I took it serious and it was a huge part of my character's roleplay.  

This latest patch said it had a focus on civilian RP but I don't see how truckers fighting over 2-3 deliveries a day and  just being completely broke to the point that they lose interest in being a law-abiding-citizen is helping the situation at all. There weren't that many active truckers before the patch but now there seems to be too many of us fighting over way less so most of the time us truckers just sit there and wait for a cargo to come in for hours and due to the rarity of them you almost have to drop whatever you are doing immediately and speed down to the trucker yard once a delivery is ordered if you want to earn any money at all. 

It was fun having a "mini American Truck Simulator" mixed in with roleplay and whenever I got on I could play the way I actually enjoy but now I can't really do that anymore because there's hardly any store owners ordering inventory. 

So what I suggest is have both systems, the old and the new.:
The new one can be pay better and truckers can fight over them whenever they come in but still have the old jobs that does not pay very well just so that us truckers can have something to do (it was more about the roleplay than it was about making money). One final thing is also that due to the rarity of the orders if 3 comes in, you see the truckers try to do the deliveries as fast as possible to try and get 2/3 deliveries before someone snatches them up, which leads to truckers driving like maniacs on the streets, completely ignoring red lights and all other traffic rules. Used to be that before you could take your time trucking, stop and RP with people you met but now it's just a reckless race from pick-up to drop-off and it sucks.

Edited by Woodrow Gibbons
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GOAT said:

I can see why they wanted to incorporate the job into the business updates.

But, yeah they need to not rely too much on user driven decisions for the job.

Yea I actually love the "Idea" of what they did, but the implementation is a bit lacking... There needs to be a consistent stream of work for a job to be viable... jobs are nice from the actual stores, but in reality what you get is a lot of unregulated gaming of the system for cheaper resources... or jobs that pay the driver 500 dollars... to go across the map... or just a drought of jobs all together.. I hope it gets a little work soon. Also your signature gave me a seizure...

Edited by Wizzidy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.