Sauer Stein

CHANGE Impound

Frustrated player here. Tired of the impound. Police impound your vehicle, and then make it a huge pain in the ass to get your vehicle back. I have literally been standing at impound for a RL hour waiting for police to show up. That's why I am taking the time to type this. I think the impound needs to change in one of five ways.

1. Automate the impound, like tickets. Allow players to obtain their own vehicles back without waiting on PD, who take hours to show up.
  2. Force PD to keep someone stationed at Impound to serve the people, releasing vehicles.
  3. Give mechanics control of the impound, so they can take it over and actually give people's vehicles back.
  4. Remove the impound, since PD can't be responsible for it's operation.
  5. Create a new official "security" faction, who would assume control of impound, and other NCZ's, as well as prisoner transport from PD to Bolenbrooke. 

Would love to hear any other ideas. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Formatting

Edited by Sauer Stein
Formatting
  • Upvote 1

...or you could /park your car. Trust me, it works. They must've impound your car bacause you didn't buy a parking ticket...it's pretty simple.

Follow the green'ish garage door icon on your minimap, tyoe /park (for $500) and voila! No headaches!!!

No reason to implement any of your points man, I'm sorry.

2 minutes ago, Bistek said:

...or you could /park your car. Trust me, it works. They must've impound your car bacause you didn't buy a parking ticket...it's pretty simple.

Follow the green'ish garage door icon on your minimap, tyoe /park (for $500) and voila! No headaches!!!

No reason to implement any of your points man, I'm sorry.

If you get arrested they impound your car.

3 minutes ago, Sauer Stein said:

So how does doing /park help the issue with impound?

It does help in every situation BUT the one you just mentioned, my man

(getting arrested)

Edited by Bistek

No one but LSPD can release vehicles because wanted criminals regularly attempt to have their vehicle released, and non-law enforcement would have no way of checking who's wanted or not.

If you want more officers to be available for the impound lot, perhaps consider supporting some suggestions that may decrease crime rates in the city, as if stores are getting robbed, or cops shot, that will obviously take priority over impound lot.

5. Would be nice to see more factions, and gives more jobs to the people,

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

No one but LSPD can release vehicles because wanted criminals regularly attempt to have their vehicle released, and non-law enforcement would have no way of checking who's wanted or not.

Security could maybe check on a computer connected to PD to see if the owner is wanted or not, then contact the police to say owner is at the impound and is wanted, Or maybe a silent alarm that would go directly to the PD so they know to come to impound as there is a wanted man trying to receive his/her car back? that way best of both, normal owner who just wont their ride back will be able to get it done fast, and PD will still be able to catch wanted criminals 

2 minutes ago, Magz said:

5. Would be nice to see more factions, and gives more jobs to the people,

Security could maybe check on a computer connected to PD to see if the owner is wanted or not, then contact the police to say owner is at the impound and is wanted, Or maybe a silent alarm that would go directly to the PD so they know to come to impound as there is a wanted man trying to receive his/her car back? that way best of both, normal owner who just wont their ride back will be able to get it done fast, and PD will still be able to catch wanted criminals 

+1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, DMNJOKER said:

-1, it can sometimes be annoying that pd units cant respond but irl you would have to get a pd officer to help you with it and point 5 is pretty interesting.

Standing and waiting at impound for 1-2 IRL hours is very non RP

On 5/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, alexalex303 said:

If you want more officers to be available for the impound lot, perhaps consider supporting some suggestions that may decrease crime rates in the city, as if stores are getting robbed, or cops shot, that will obviously take priority over impound lot.

It shouldn't be that LSPD has sole control of the impound lot, considering IRL impound lots are generally not controlled by police.

I agree with no.3 and simple solution would be to allow mechanics to have an electronically issued permission to release the given car which we can check in the office at the impound. All we will see as mechanics is either the vehicle is unavailable for release or it is and if it is then we can release it. Mechanics do by far the most impounding and yet we don't get anything from it, as a mechanic I don't even what to impound cars cause I'm not law enforcement and yet I still do it for nothing in return, I would much rather stand on the ledge and help out the customers there.

So this is a suggestion server suggestion in response to this discussion.

• PogU 1

16 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

I agree with no.3 and simple solution would be to allow mechanics to have an electronically issued permission to release the given car which we can check in the office at the impound. All we will see as mechanics is either the vehicle is unavailable for release or it is and if it is then we can release it. Mechanics do by far the most impounding and yet we don't get anything from it, as a mechanic I don't even what to impound cars cause I'm not law enforcement and yet I still do it for nothing in return, I would much rather stand on the ledge and help out the customers there.

So this is a suggestion server suggestion in response to this discussion.

I think that's a fantastic idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.