DiCarlo

Solving the constant robberies and other issues - A civil discussion

Ok so this thread is going to have a few suggestions so bare with me.

First of all I have seen many posts about how people are constantly being robbed and I myself have also experienced this while in game as well, with many people trying to rob me while i'm fishing (which is non rp as hell but I will get to that). So not only do you get robbed for your fish but if you are trying to RP as a criminal and either don't want to be in a gang or just are not in a gang, you are pretty much screwed. Just last night on my alt I went to go make some drugs and all three drug labs were being camped buy gangs with 4 or 5 people trying to rob anyone that showed up or telling everyone to leave. Or you have the other way which is they will just wait for you to make some drugs, block the entrance run in hold you at gunpoint, take everything you have then leave continuing to repeat this process over and over.

I feel the biggest issue here is that there is not a lot of things for gangs to really be doing, there is no reason for gangs to have beef with each other so when they get bored they just rob everyone they can in big groups for easy money. The way I believe this can be solved for starters I think that there should be a cap on how many members a gang can have in it, but at the same time I think the amount of oficial gangs should be increase. For example lower the member cap to around 30 but increase official gangs to 10.

So will this help? For starters it will make gang leaders be more cautious of people they invite to the gang as now they have limited spots and aren't just going to invite everyone they can and will have to start vetting people and making sure they can actually RP before inviting them.

Secondly Increasing the amount of gangs ties in with my next suggestion, and that is to have locations or areas that gangs can fight over to gain control. Having control over the area could provide certain benefits to the gain, maybe it they gain ammo faster, if they control the docks maybe they are able to import weapons more easily, maybe there can be drug labs that are for gangs only and you have to control the area to be able to make drugs there. These are just some examples but there is a wide variety of benefits gangs could get for control an area. Once a gang takes control of an area they have that area for a specified amount of time, whether it be a few hours or a day and during that time no other gang can take it from them, but once the time is up it's there for any gang to take and the controlling gang must defend it.

By also having gang drug labs it would mean that players that are just starting out or are playing solo who want to make some money can go to a drug lab without fear of 5 gang members rocking up to rob them. This does not mean that you can't rob people at these drug labs but I do believe there should be a rule of no more than 2 people working together, if you want to rob people with more than that you have to do it at one of the gang labs. To compensate for the this the gang drug labs can produce more drugs faster than the smaller ones can.

This would encourage more gang on gang fighting which would mean people who want to just chill and fish won't be constantly robbed by other players. Which leads me on to my next point which has been mention in a thread before of how Non-RP so many of these robberies are, why would someone IRL every walk down a busy pier in the middle of the day and rob someone for their fish, it would just never happen. Not to mention there is a police substation on that pier. I believe it would be a server rule that robberies can not take place during daylight hours in public places and at night where there would normally be people, like around bars or the pier for example. You can however rob people that are in the middle of nowhere with no buildings or anything around or if you can lure someone into an alleyway in the hood that's all fine. But otherwise if someone if just going about their day fishing or walking down the road in the middle of the day then you can't touch them.

Finally guns, now this one is going to be really controversial because there are a lot of people here who like to think of this as a cops and robbers server or a dm server but I think guns such as AK's and the likes should be really hard to come by. From what i've seen so far most gangs have AK's readily available and this just should not be the case, handguns should always be the go to and maybe have some smg's that gangs can get. This does not mean to remove AK's but they should be really hard to get. Now a lot of you will be having a cry right about now because "wot bout da pigs" but I'm getting to that. Cops of a low rank or who are not in SWAT should also only be carrying handguns and maybe a pump action shotgun while on duty. Only high ranking members and those who are highly trained should have access to high powered weapons. Guns should be a second resort to roleplay. I witnessed a store robbery yesterday where as soon as the cops rocked up it was instant shooting by both sides. It should be trying to deescalate the situation, the criminals should be trying to talk their way out of it while the cops are trying to talk them into dropping their guns and if that doesn't work after a while of trying then guns can come in as a last resort, but this might be too much to ask of some people here.

Im open to discussion's and other suggestions so lets have a civil talk. 

Edited by DiCarlo
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1

I believe increasing gang v gang interactions and reducing the size of gangs would be beneficial to the server health. Would be good to give drugs a value other than selling at a checkpoint as well.

Adding several types of control points (or modifying some existing locations) which provide useful goods to the holder such as

• Ammo (control point at docks)
  • Nitro (if possible. have to control a chop shop and get the ability to add a one-time boost to your vehicle for a fee)
  • Increased drug production (control a drug lab)
  • Maybe some other special temporary or one-use items?

I don't know how the gun system works for gangs, but making heavy weapons very limited and the ammo difficult to come by while ensuring smaller firearms and their ammo are a little more accessible would be better. Reduction of powerful weapons for criminals should also equal reduction of powerful weapons for LSPD - handgun v handgun would be preferable and a little more realistic in most situations.

• Like 1

Can't do anything on the server without litteraly being swarmed by 20 blue cars and bikes getting robbed for a knife and a fishing rod.

I remember how bringing in official factions was supposed to fix the low quality of roleplay regarding the constant theft for no valuable reasons but now we're just being robbed by people wearing colors, no more different than before... Just that I can't even have a gun to defend myself now.

Over that, after you get robbed, you have to build back. Spending your valued time grinding again...

Edited by Captain Tofu
  • Like 1

I'm against imposing a member limit on gangs. It restricts them from expanding and influencing the streets. When I was a newbie, even I had issues with getting robbed so I mostly hanged out inside NCZs and stayed away from trouble. You are obviously gonna get robbed if you drive outside the city. I've been robbed atleast 15-20 times and 90% its because I drove outside the city all alone, visiting drug labs etc.

2 hours ago, NoobDude said:

I'm against imposing a member limit on gangs. It restricts them from expanding and influencing the streets. When I was a newbie, even I had issues with getting robbed so I mostly hanged out inside NCZs and stayed away from trouble. You are obviously gonna get robbed if you drive outside the city. I've been robbed atleast 15-20 times and 90% its because I drove outside the city all alone, visiting drug labs etc.

They don't really influence the streets though, all they do is patrol around to rob anyone they find. Earlier today I pulled up to a general store to buy a burger and had 4 aks pointed at me for my fishing pole and radio. The only thing they said was hands up then immediately left, how is that considered good RP? I am all for criminal RP existing but right now it's a joke. You can't even wear a shirt without every gangbanger in the city claiming you're affiliated with their enemy and trying to kill you over it.

If smaller gang sized means gang members have to be able to actually RP I am all for it.

Edited by Syndrux
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Syndrux said:

They don't really influence the streets though, all they do is patrol around to rob anyone they find. Earlier today I pulled up to a general store to buy a burger and had 4 aks pointed at me for my fishing pole and radio. The only thing they said was hands up then immediately left, how is that considered good RP? I am all for criminal RP existing but right now it's a joke. You can't even wear a shirt without every gangbanger in the city claiming you're affiliated with their enemy and trying to kill you over it.

If smaller gang sized means gang members have to be able to actually RP I am all for it.

There were suggestions to place a rule to prevent people from robbing during daytime. That might solve your issue with constant robberies. At night time, It's always going to be unsafe to venture outside all alone, even in real life.

There were lots of changes made to rules recently, like KoS rule, RP interaction before killing anyone etc which drastically reduced DM in my opinion.

The problem I have noticed is that gangs will just patrol various locations looking to rob, which just seems ridiculous. Surely gang members should be staying around certain areas or leaving the city to visit drughouses and chop shops.

Their numbers don't feel acceptable either, especially when they make alliances with each other. My friends and I have only had positive interactions with unofficial gangs (like Vagos and SeaWeed) and the Marcello Family. Limiting the people in a gang changes the mindset from inviting anybody in to actually picking and choosing who should represent you.

I don't know how the staff manages gangs but if they keep up the current meta then overall groups need to be punished in some way. I heard that previously the system allowed anybody to create a gang - that should be brought back to allow certain mechanics to people that have formed a group. Have official gangs get additional perks that allow them to do more to influence the server.

I definitely agree on a change for performing robberies as nobody should just be patrolling to find targets. Some etiquette on that shit would be good too. Taking somebodies phone battery is okay since they could call for the cops, maybe take the radio because you don't want them contacting friends. I don't see why they feel the need to take your fishing rod just to throw it away somewhere.

I also keep having my car stolen immediately after the server crashes because of player location data not being saved which is something that needs attention.

+1 about setting a limit for gangs, as for example in Fivem servers, there is only 32 players maximum and only group of 4 peoples can do illegal activity. (we could try and think something similar). Because as mentioned before, if there is a limit the leaders will look at quality instead of quantity. 

Also a big + to make a turfs again, so there would be actually reasons for gangs to fight. as mentioned before by Lindenalso it can be as it was before if you own a turf and in that territory there is a general store, you need to protect it from getting robbed if not you will not get cash in the treasury. I personally don't understand why the turfs was removed as I know there was some talks that it is gonna come back with the new official gangs thing, but months have passed and nothing happened. Would like to hear from the admins some kind of response, because offers and suggestions are being made, but after weeks topic dies and no one gives any feedback about it.