SA Brian Jennings

Removal of afkmath at poker table

9 minutes ago, xxxJustTimmy said:

If you remove afk math from poker people will just sit at the table and AFK XP/Salary which from my understanding is one of the main reasons afk math was added.

Dude no one does that and if you, you’ll get permabanned. If you go afk for more then 2 miniutes at poker the other players will call an admin. Let alone afking for hours lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eshu said:

Dude no one does that and if you, you’ll get permabanned. If you go afk for more then 2 miniutes at poker the other players will call an admin. Let alone afking for hours lol. 

I was talking about yellowjack which people have sat there for hours and hours gaining salary and xp.

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

Never had the problem missing the AFK warning... But if people actually do, there should be a solution for this. The question is, how big is this problem as I can't find myself in here.

The chat would have to be going so fast non stop because you get multiple warnings for afk math..

12 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

+1 I would say remove it and just give everyone a timer to do an action when it's their turn and if the timer expires kick them off the table.

Yeah +1 to this idea.. make it so if you are actively playing poker you won’t get afk check but removing it all together is not a good idea.

13 hours ago, Yputi said:

Never had the problem missing the AFK warning... But if people actually do, there should be a solution for this. The question is, how big is this problem as I can't find myself in here.

I was playing poker theday after the server came back online and all the sudden everyone stopped moving. I went on discord to check if the server was down but in reality I just missed the afk math check. When there a full table and people waiting messages can get spammed and someone could be tabbing in and out because it takes everyone else so long when the table is full 

Not gonna lie, I misses it a time or two also. And I just hate the afk math mechanic period. 

Can't it be something quick and easy? other reasons I hate it:

Fishing - missing a fish because you are typing your answer and it dings.

Taking taxi calls - trying to call in, lock the door, get the destination, mark the gps and this dumb afkmath is in your face.

During your turn at poker - interacting with the type screen, the cursor jumps over the fold button when you exit out of it. 

Poker and fishing or standing around talking with people - constantly having to move your mouse or keep the chat open because if it closes you might miss the message.

And just in general it breaks me out of RP anytime I am idle talking to people. All it needs to be is a random click on the screen, or just a very short script at least, like /afk # ( and why do we have to do math? the point is to just make it random. a random number from 1-99 would be exactly as effective)

Anyway, done complaining, its really not that big a deal, just a bit annoying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.