ash816

FearRP

My suggestion : Add FearRP

To best explain a situation where i think a FearRP rule would have been useful please read the below if you have the time!

So some people may or may or may not know but me and a friend were lucky enough to get a few police officers etc involved in a bank robbery.

We started by checking with some admins if this would be okay etc 30 minutes or so before..

Me and my friend park a car outside the bank and run in, masked, and shout for everyone to get on the ground. Naturally the 2 people in there ignore us completely and continue to take their salary and leave (i mistakenly asked one to put his hands up so potentially thought i was trying to mug him which was my mistake)

My friend messages the police saying the bank is being robbed and if no response is received we will consider the robbery successful after 5 minutes inside.

At this point we rp with fake tellers as everyone has run out who we tried to rp with (get on the floor, /me commands /dos etc) for about 2-3 minutes until the police show up. We shout that we have hostages though obviously they have all fail RP'd with no concern for their own life.

Let me make this clear at this point - this is probably just an awareness issue as nothing like this has happened at least in my time playing but maybe this will hopefully raise awareness to increase rp for all. I also know this is a LightRP server but feel like having a rule which surrounds events such as this will make things better than just simple cops and robbers.

So the police turn up and we continue to roleplay as though we have a teller hostage - meanwhile someone called jhon_maccaroni is trying to punch us , not saying anything and just standing in the middle of a bank robbery (if i had footage i would appeal a ban for him)

Dimitri_Mikhalov is rping like a pro with us coming in unarmed but Samuel Osborne is concerned as we dont have a physical hostage which could at this point have ruined such an exciting moment for all players involved - thankfully after explaining our hostages (and the 10 or so people who came in ignoring the police officers saying the bank was closed) had all failed to RP an admin stepped up who had been watching - so we had ourselves a hostage!

Amist disconnection issues for robbers and cops , VDM and DM outside the bank from players as cops has surrounded the place we made our demands and everything got arranged well - jhon_maccaroni still running around FailRping and spamming OOC chat in the meantime.

We then were offered a speedy getaway vehicle with a small amount of cash inside (as the vault wouldnt open) we exchanged the hostage and made our escape - Jhon_Maccaroni being the hero that he is proceeds to ram our car before we can even move, car jack us and just really be of great help in the situation. We both manage to saddle up so naturally he follows us attempting to run us off the road until eventually the cops catchup, kill me and arrest my friend.

I was temped to shoot the people who were coming into the bank but for fear of ruining the RP for all i did not and would just like to raise how much more incredible the situation could have been if there is just abit more awareness that incredible things like this can happen - we had the cops, admins, weasel news , truckers , civilians all talking about this epic event which i feel could be just that much better if we introduce such a rule.

Any thoughts Welcomed. Once again thank you to the cops and admins who played along.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 3

Hey I like your suggestion and support it.

But the RP situation could have not gone that way if I did not have a solid team covering my back.

Samuel Osborne had valid reason to ensure the safety for everyone.

I appreciate that you enjoyed the RP experience. We did too.

I got a request for you though could you edit your post and move the actual suggestion at the start of your post and make it bold.

My suggestion : Add FearRP

Situations where FearRP could be useful

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

i get what you are saying but at least if its a rule it can be enforced and we can begin to make steps towards it being more orderly and it can be there to protect the people who actually want to make the server abit more than unorganized chaos.

Completely agree with this. If the rule is in place then it can start being enforced which will allow for greater RP scenarios to take place.

This, it will be enforced if it is a rule.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see this implemented, but how are you going to force such a rule?

I mean, whoever went into the bank senseless and ignoring what was happening, will probably still do it because who cares. From my prespective only by jailing/kicking/giving ban time will such users learn, correct?

Also, you should explain what FearRP is on the top post as it might not be clear to who is not familiar with the term.

I still have no idea what FearRP is after reading that entire story.

It almost sounds like you want to meta game... assuming that FearRP somehow freezes players in "fear" to comply with your demands. In real life, people could take the chance to run out of the bank, or could take the chance of punching and disarming an armed assailant.

Edited by Guest

I still have no idea what FearRP is after reading that entire story.

It almost sounds like you want to meta game... assuming that FearRP somehow freezes players in "fear" to comply with your demands. In real life, people could take the chance to run out of the bank, or could take the chance of punching and disarming an armed assailant.

FearRP is when people actually have fear when doing something IC, You would have to RP Punching and Disarming an Armed Person and If you run, they will shoot you but I wouldn't, would you?

FearRP is when people actually have fear when doing something IC, You would have to RP Punching and Disarming an Armed Person and If you run, they will shoot you but I wouldn't, would you?

I would probably run in game, and wait for my chance to attack the robbers in real life. Though I would RP my escape.

Edited by Guest

I agree with this. As long as there is no rule to prevent all these unarmed batman figures chasing and punching armed criminals with zero regard for their life it will keep happening. It wouldn't be completely non-existent with a rule in place, but with the ability to punish it would convince more people to join RP scenarios in a way that enhances it.

• Upvote 1