brentplaystv

Remove reckless driving from speed cameras

Let's face it..

I believe the only people that really want speed camera's are the cops and admins. We all know how incredibly unrealistic they are but i understand why they were implemented. The vast majority of everyone else finds them to be an annoyance and the new players find themselves utterly devastated by them. I also believe reckless driving causes more problems than it fixes, i believe that people getting charged and having criminal records because of these camera's sends people on path's they would of never otherwise went. Getting one of these charges also ruins your characters chances of ever joining certain factions correct?

Here's my story.
I was being chased by gang members through the city that demanded i pull over. They then began firing Ak's shooting my vehicle i sped through the city not caring about the speed and only wanting to preserve the life of my character , my items and my vehicle.  I went to the police station and payed all of the tickets id racked up. When i went to explain what had happened i was asked for a recording of it, i unfortunately didn't have it because i logged in and shit hit the fan before i could even turn on Plays.tv. So i ended up with two reckless driving charges on my record.

I believe that only police officers should be handing out reckless driving charges from witnessing the crime first hand. My suggestion is, is to remove the reckless driving charges from speed camera's and simply increase the fineMaybe if you're short staffed and can't appropriate police time to traffic you should consider implementing a traffic enforcement division.

I can't tell you how many people i know that have these charges on them from the speed camera's and have evolved into criminals on a scale they never would of been because they now have a criminal record so they just say fuck it why not.

Edited by brentplaystv

As mentioned previously in other threads: if you are driving recklessly through NCZs and get charged with reckless driving then you are directly violating the NCZ rule. Prior to these cameras being implemented there was an unreal amount of deaths in NCZs due to people speeding through at 150kmh+ and accidentally running over people crossing the road or crashing into cars pulling out of parking spaces.

In your case you were speeding through an NCZ to escape criminals attempting to pursue you, you could've just slowed down and pulled into the NCZ. This would mean the criminals would have to wait for you to leave the NCZ before attempting to harm you any further. While you are in the NCZ you could call police to come and assist you.

Just slow down, you only lose a few seconds of your time but it means you don't get warranted and you save money on fines.

• Like 1

Getting one of these charges also ruins your characters chances of ever joining certain factions correct?

It doesn't. Reckless operation is a misdemeanour charge and it wouldn't stop you from joining PD and probably no other government faction. 

The only way it might stop you is you have an active warrant or you have just way too many of them. 

1 hour ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

It doesn't. Reckless operation is a misdemeanour charge and it wouldn't stop you from joining PD and probably no other government faction. 

The only way it might stop you is you have an active warrant or you have just way too many of them. 

My apologies i thought it did, considering the amount of time you're jailed for them.