scrubmuffin209

Rule Change (Fear RP)

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

● Examples, where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:

• When the engine of your vehicle is stalled and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.

Why this Rule Should be changed for a RP standpoint: We all know there are armored vehicles and bullet proof windows in the server. Rumpo has bullet proof windows, Swat cars have bullet proof windows, and so do money trucks. Why should someone fear for their life if their life isn't in danger. I'd like to have more rp with bullet proof windows as it can bring more rp. if you cant shoot me shoot the engine of the vehicle for it to be stalled and you can rp prying the door open sense you cant break the glass. IRL you would be considered Safe when driving in a armored vehicle as thats why the military or police for instance feel safe in their vehicles. when they dont have the safe measures they take a different route on how to encounter someone when they dont have protective equipment so why doesnt the server do the same? The server has heavy artillery like shotguns or carbines or high powered sniper rifles. why not use them for the fear rp for armored vehicles instead of using wimpy pistols as they dont pack enough punch for you to fear for your life while in a armored vehicle. If you don't like the idea about renewing that rule then take it out of the server so no one makes the mistake like i did to get in trouble for something that i would never fear.

• Like 1

only problem is that putting multiple bullets into ballistic glass will still finally break it as yes it will resist the initial few shots however the glass won't be thick enough to absorb a volley of bullets, this would also have to be considered. 

people would then be responsible for some good rp where the assultant only aims for the window and does not shoot the victim and they agree on the number of bullets required to break the glass and if it was damaged before, also making it weaker; requiring less bullets.

Edited by Cinek0344

While I can appreciate that IRL some vehicles are well armoured and would have resistance to light gunfire, I think changing or removing this rule wouldn't convert well into the server. 

I believe the following successful report influenced this suggestion - 

Scenarios like the one within the report should not exist in my opinion. You suggest that it would enhance RP but it's more likely to have detrimental effects. If I was permitted to sit in a Rumpo Custom and not be affected by FearRP, I'd just keep attempting getaways regardless of what surrounds me. That doesn't sound good. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

Scenarios like the one within the report should not exist in my opinion. You suggest that it would enhance RP but it's more likely to have detrimental effects. If I was permitted to sit in a Rumpo Custom and not be affected by FearRP, I'd just keep attempting getaways regardless of what surrounds me. That doesn't sound good

It gives the PD and the criminal more RP for sure. Instead of simply aiming at bulletproof glass they'll have to disable the car, and either make the criminal leave the vehicle himself or use RP to pry open some parts of the car. 

Would love to see the rule change with bulletproof glass in consideration. Some vehicles make you almost 100% safe like the money truck and the swat vehicle.

TBH if we were bringing in real rp no officers would ever aim a real weapon at a person or yet even shoot towards a person when they are only going to jail for reckless driving like i was @Pistol Pete they would use non lethal's and in a getaway scenario depending on the crime the person did cops would rather use their guns to injure the person rather than use a tazer like which they have. sense the server relies on USA laws that is a big issue on the server aswell about using real guns for petty things rather then using non lethals. when you have a warrant for someones arrest they never use a real gun they always use non lethals. maybe bring more non lethals to the server aswell like pepper spray rendering your character from seeing and moving slowely or tier gas launchers for the swat sense they have masks to protect themselfs for it. instead of bringing more firepower to cops bring more non lethals. LETS MAKE ECLIPSE RP SAFE AGAIN!

Edited by scrubmuffin209

-1 The fear rp rule is fine as it is. On another note, adding a rule that prevents people driving rumpos or money trucks to fear for there life would be a step in the wrong direction. People with rumpos will have a real pay to win advantage and we will see a large influx of people using the money trucks for criminal activities.

3 minutes ago, punched said:

-1 The fear rp rule is fine as it is. On another note, adding a rule that prevents people driving rumpos or money trucks to fear for there life would be a step in the wrong direction. People with rumpos will have a real pay to win advantage and we will see a large influx of people using the money trucks for criminal activities.

isn't there a server rule against that, where you can't conduct criminal activities in a work vehicle?

+1 This rule seems silly, advantages or not... the whole idea of fear role play is executed very poorly in my opinion. First of all fear role play is fight or flight, but for whatever reason every person is expected to cower, which I totally agree with in MANY situations, but also not many others... if I am in a car and I have a gun why wouldn't I pull it when the car stalled, if my car is bulletproof glass why wouldn't they have to fire a gun 7 times or so in order to break through that glass. Right now armored cars can be held up with empty guns which is so immersion breaking it is ridiculous... yes sir, let me move from my safe armored vehicle and not call for help and give you everything I have before even seeing you fire the gun one time?