Helix1015

[Technical Support] Helix1015 - Widescreen Support

I figure there's no solution, but it doesn't hurt to try asking. I have a Samsung G9 49" curved ultrawide monitor. I thoroughly enjoy videogames on an ultrawide because it's very immersive and allows me to see more of the videogame at a time.

I understand, that, for some reason RageMP and/or ECRP does not cooperate very well with ultrawide resolutions. The HUD, GUIs, and (mostly) player IDs/aliases get messed up if you try using an ultrawide resolution (I think my monitor uses 32:9). 

I'm wondering if there's any other ultrawide users out there that play ECRP in a way other than the image attached to the post. I'd love to take advantage of my screen space, but it seems like that may not be possible.

Additionally, (this one might be easier to fix), I notice whenever I'm in the server and I'm using my mouse to look around, my Windows taskbar comes up as if it's recognizing my mouse input and not hiding when my PC is application focused in-game. It's pretty annoying and it won't go away unless I hit the Windows button then click back into the game.

zQsx4CA.jpg

GTAV doesn't have a 32:9 aspect ratio. If I leave the aspect ratio on Auto and switch the resolution to 5120x1440, it works, but like I said the HUD gets messy. Less concerned about the info near the minimap, more concerned about the IDs/aliases.image.thumb.jpeg.61eac8a906e2e50383f2af03c3db9649.jpeg

Hey, I used a resolution wider than that for a few years on ECRP.

Not many people have these sort of extreme resolutions and as such game developers don't usually bother accounting for it.

I doubt that the developers are going to include support for something like this due to the lack of people that would benefit from it.

I just got used to it unfortunately and didn't notice it after a while.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:14 PM, Emulsify said:

Hey, I used a resolution wider than that for a few years on ECRP.

Not many people have these sort of extreme resolutions and as such game developers don't usually bother accounting for it.

I doubt that the developers are going to include support for something like this due to the lack of people that would benefit from it.

I just got used to it unfortunately and didn't notice it after a while.

Fair enough. Did you ever have an issue where when moving the mouse around your taskbar would stay up? That's the more annoying thing.