Ash

"Your phone has received a text" in chat

Make a chat line that says "Your phone has received a text" if your phone is on.

It would also show in the "phone" tab.
The phone notification noise is quiet.

Edited by Ash
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a good idea, but unfortunately in this server it wouldn't work well.
This is because most people in this server tend to send a few lines of text messages, so let's say you are in a middle of a big RP scene with tons of important RP coming through chat and then you just get spammed with text messages? With your implementation the player would see a bunch of lines saying "Your phone has received a text" clogging up their RP chatbox. Sure you can scroll up to re-read chat but depending on the circumstances it can definitely mess with your RP especially in criminal activity (shootouts, chases).

26 minutes ago, Victus said:

so let's say you are in a middle of a big RP scene with tons of important RP coming through chat and then you just get spammed with text messages?

With the new tab system you can go on RP focus which I guess is the point. Also like most people have their phones off in big criminal scenes right?

8 minutes ago, Napzor said:

Seems very similar to the post here,

I agree, but I figured this was worth a suggestion still since it's probably an easier implementation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ash said:

With the new tab system you can go on RP focus which I guess is the point. Also like most people have their phones off in big criminal scenes right?

I agree, but I figured this was worth a suggestion still since it's probably an easier implementation.

I feel like it'd lead to spam which can be obtrusive to RP especially as we already have so many other things that can spam chat, but yeah thankfully not as much spam due to the tab system, and unfortunately some times crims don't always have the time to turn their phones off when shit hits the fan haha.

10 hours ago, Victus said:

I feel like it'd lead to spam which can be obtrusive to RP especially as we already have so many other things that can spam chat, but yeah thankfully not as much spam due to the tab system, and unfortunately some times crims don't always have the time to turn their phones off when shit hits the fan haha.

xvniKi0i3tOV.png

• chill 1

This literally used to be a thing. I kid you not, we were so advanced in 2017 that it even informed you that you missed # text messages in chat upon logging in on a character. Shocking!

Both of these things need to come back, IMO.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

On 6/6/2024 at 6:18 AM, jason said:

xvniKi0i3tOV.png

Yup...that's definitely a picture of the thing I was talking about lmao. If it needs to be moved into another tab outside of RP Focus (like for weazel news) it kind of adds to my point of it just being more visual spam. I like the other idea by Ando about putting a notification on the upper top of our phone. A small blinking icon would be neat.