inorigj

Re-register NPC [Local] Cars

Hey.

So my suggestion is to have the ability to pay a NPC [Shady DMV Worker] to print new plates for a NPC vehicle and give you the ability to replace the plates of the vehicle.

The inside of the vehicle [Inventory of the vehicle] Would still be red as it is still only a temporary inventory like any non player owned vehicle.

You would also get a key for the vehicle after fully re-plating the vehicle with your own new plates.

You would need to drive the vehicle to a [Shady DMV Worker] and then pay them a set amount of money depending on what the vehicle type is "low, medium, high or top"

The vehicle would not have insurance so if it blows up it would not be possible to reclaim from Mors.

when PD scans the plate. it would show up as YOUR vehicle and not as stolen.

however. PD would now have the ability to check vehicle VIN's. They would be able to inspect the vehicle VIN and run it with DMV to see if the vehicle is reported stolen or not.

They would need to stand near the vehicle and select it and do /viewvin. a 15 second action timer would then play as they inspect the vehicle frame for a VIN.

It would also require the vehicle to be unlocked and the hood open.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Interesting. +1 to the idea. I think it would really depend on the balancing of the cost to get a key and new plate.  If its to cheap everyone whos chopping cars will just instantly do it and if its to expensive it wont be used but i like the idea.

5 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

If this is the case would the car return to stock performance levels upon getting new plates? its my understanding NPC cars performances are less than player owned models.

if i understood Paulius correctly when he was setting up the NPC cars. They use player cars are Pre-fabs. Meaning they are an exact copy of the vehicles that real players own.

But I do however. not know if it just clones the visual mods of the cars. or if it clones the entire /modview of the vehicle