vajo

Make Police Impound Automated

As we all know, current state of releasing impounded vehicles takes ages. everyone waits so many time and its not even close to be priority for the cops to even release our vehicles. it wastes so many time for us, minimum you need to be standing at impound 20 minutes+ so any cop can show up and finally release your vehicle, which delays stuff so much and makes it really boring for everyone. 

I suggest we implement new system, where players (who have license and whose license is not revoked) to be able to release their impound exactly same as it works on mors insurance therefore it will be much easier for people to get their impounded vehicles as soon as possible,otherwise make it must do things for pd, so we don't have to wait 20minutes+ for simply car release from impound.

• Upvote 3

I've seen this suggestion a few times in the past, but haven't seen them go anywhere, but I absolutely love this idea.

People in the past have said it takes away roleplay that cops can do, but in the current state of the server they don't even show up to the impound.

Every time I've gone to the impound recently I have to wait upwards of an hour, or even call the cops to have them come to the impound.

An automated system would be perfect, letting you release a vehicle if your license is not suspended, and have no fines to pay.

Edited by Nettz
  • Like 1

I personally have no issue with this as depending on the time of day you play having a cop available to come to impound can sometimes be very very hit or miss. I would say a good compromise would be if there was a way that hitting the pager at impound started some sort of timer for you and if noone responded within a certain amount of time the auto impound would work.

And if there are no PD/SD on duty or maybe lets say less then 3 or 4 LEO on duty it should maybe just work.

Also I don't think outstanding fines should matter just having a non suspended license.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 5:23 PM, Cup said:

I personally have no issue with this as depending on the time of day you play having a cop available to come to impound can sometimes be very very hit or miss. I would say a good compromise would be if there was a way that hitting the pager at impound started some sort of timer for you and if noone responded within a certain amount of time the auto impound would work.

And if there are no PD/SD on duty or maybe lets say less then 3 or 4 LEO on duty it should maybe just work.

Also I don't think outstanding fines should matter just having a non suspended license.

Big +1. I actually thought of that idea of having automated impounf after timer is up

This is an absolute neccessity, the police do not come. and the roleplay is awful even if they do come. it is just a rushed scenario and is a pain in the ass

unbelievable +1

Edited by KingCo
  • Like 1

This is an idea suggested once every few months (in the past by me) and its clear that the Devs have no intention to change the current format. particularly as they have just revamped city impound.

I will say that my experiences recently have improved. usually i can get my car out in about 10-15 minutes instead of 25-45. credit where it is due clearly LEOs are trying to make it work despite the fact that it is not an activity they enjoy and the RP quality/variety is always dogshit.

To be clear, I agree that it should be automated, but it wont happen.

Edited by Quietthecutie

12 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

[...] credit where it is due clearly LEOs are trying to make it work despite the fact that it is not an activity they enjoy and the RP quality/variety is always dogshit.

This is not in any way an accurate statement at all. Impound is not something that LSPD in any way shape or form ignores because we dislike the activity, and the RP quality/variety is always dogshit. It, like MD's roadworkers fire calls, are low priority regarding call hierarchy. It has been for the year and a half I've been in PD, and it has been before my time on this server. It's not "No one wants to come to impound" but more so "gangs are shooting at each other" or "someone at burgershot looked at me funny, so I smashed him with a bat" which starts a massive headache, or responding to house robberies, store robberies, atm robberies, you get the picture.

The thing that people constantly fail to see is that it's not that PD doesn't want to come to impound, it's we get side-tracked with more important calls that come in. It's a double-edged sword. You are at impound, want a car out, we don't arrive on time. So, we prioritize impound calls, but then you're making a 911 call because some person shot at you and killed your friend, and we don't respond in time to investigate. Lose-lose for PD in either case. We see the calls coming in. We request a free unit to respond. They make their way there, but if they are enroute and pull off, there's a reason for it, and it's not because it's "not an activity they enjoy", nor is it because "the RP quality/variety is always dogshit."

The conversation surrounding whether the devs make it automated or not is on them to decide the amount of work and effort it is needed to execute on. The relocation of the impound lot in the city was done because of the mapping updates that the Mod Team has been working hard on for many months to provide a fresh re-skin of the city and make it more enjoyable for everyone in the future.

4 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

This is not in any way an accurate statement at all. Impound is not something that LSPD in any way shape or form ignores because we dislike the activity, and the RP quality/variety is always dogshit. It, like MD's roadworkers fire calls, are low priority regarding call hierarchy. It has been for the year and a half I've been in PD, and it has been before my time on this server. It's not "No one wants to come to impound" but more so "gangs are shooting at each other" or "someone at burgershot looked at me funny, so I smashed him with a bat" which starts a massive headache, or responding to house robberies, store robberies, atm robberies, you get the picture.

The thing that people constantly fail to see is that it's not that PD doesn't want to come to impound, it's we get side-tracked with more important calls that come in. It's a double-edged sword. You are at impound, want a car out, we don't arrive on time. So, we prioritize impound calls, but then you're making a 911 call because some person shot at you and killed your friend, and we don't respond in time to investigate. Lose-lose for PD in either case. We see the calls coming in. We request a free unit to respond. They make their way there, but if they are enroute and pull off, there's a reason for it, and it's not because it's "not an activity they enjoy", nor is it because "the RP quality/variety is always dogshit."

The conversation surrounding whether the devs make it automated or not is on them to decide the amount of work and effort it is needed to execute on. The relocation of the impound lot in the city was done because of the mapping updates that the Mod Team has been working hard on for many months to provide a fresh re-skin of the city and make it more enjoyable for everyone in the future.

Fully understand where youre coming from, however there is a good few members of PD who will just sit at a speed trap, you go up to them ask if they can meet you at impound, you end up going down there then they down turn up. And more often than not if you go and look for them theyre either in the same place or moved to a different speed trap.

I know it may not happen often but I think this is a reason why people get annoyed by the whole PD not showing up for impound calls, and the fact we cant call 911 because I know that impound calls can get lost in chat a lot. ( Potentially could implement a non-emergency line to resolve the whole 'incorrect use of government hotline' when calling for impound )

6 hours ago, Payn said:

Fully understand where youre coming from, however there is a good few members of PD who will just sit at a speed trap, you go up to them ask if they can meet you at impound, you end up going down there then they down turn up. And more often than not if you go and look for them theyre either in the same place or moved to a different speed trap.

I know it may not happen often but I think this is a reason why people get annoyed by the whole PD not showing up for impound calls, and the fact we cant call 911 because I know that impound calls can get lost in chat a lot. ( Potentially could implement a non-emergency line to resolve the whole 'incorrect use of government hotline' when calling for impound )

A non-emergency line would honestly be ideal for all factions, MD/SD/PD. This is something we've been advocating for, for a long time. It makes a ton of sense, and even if you preface [NON-EMERGENCY] in your 911, depending on the Officer, you can still be subjected to IC consequences for this.

I can't speak on the speed traps portion. I know it used to be a big thing when I was much more active, and if it is still on-going, it must be when I'm heads down on something, or when I'm not online, so I'll have to take your experiences on that one as valid reasoning.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

i feel like you entirely misunderstood what i was trying to say.

I was praising LEOs for improving response times for impound in my personal experience, despite the fact its a poor quality RP experience. i wasnt insinuating it was a poor RP experience because of LEOs. Its a poor RP experience because the LEO has higher priority calls to attend to and the person trying to get their car out dosent want to sit around any longer than they have to. therefore both are motivated to just run through the motions and get it done as fast as possible.

Reading the rest of your comment we agree on a bunch of things.

Edited by Quietthecutie