Vitaly Gorbachev

Truck trailer drop off/re-use

I love the trucking adjustments, a few bug fixes here and there but I am sure that will be handled swiftly.

I am concerned about one thing. I think the disappearing trailer after a job is pretty unrealistic. 

Here is a suggestion that would help solve that issue, as well as the trucking job issue and add slight quality of life improvements.

Upon completing your delivery, instead of the trailer de-spawning, you could add in one last task to return the trailer to the park or re-use the same trailer for deliveries with the same compatible trailer type. (Pegasus_ suggestion)

Side note: The trailer collection point could probably be adjusted to a more realistic location, otherwise dressing the current location with permanent trailers (if at all possible) would be a good touch. 

Edited by Roo Lestrange

I would agree that the trailer should stay attached to the vehicle until you've completed the deliveries you'd like to complete (or at least a set number of them) before having to return for another trailer.

As another option, players could have the choice to claim and load multiple deliveries at once (depending on volume).  Then have them delivered directly in succession. It's a bit unrealistic to me that a 53' trailer doesn't have the capacity to hold more than an order of 20 radios for a general store.

If none of those could be an option, I'd suggest adding a second trailer depot in Paleto.  This could resolve making time consuming trips back to the city to pick up another empty trailer.  This effects loads that have to be picked up in Paleto the most as it's the complete opposite end of the map from where a trailer can be picked up.

I would disagree with @Requiem's statement saying trucking provides good income.  It certainly CAN if you get the right orders.  However, if you're doing orders that require loading in Paleto (general store, gun store) for delivery on Route 68 for example, you're driving from the trailer yard to Paleto to load, to 68 for the delivery, then back to the city to get another trailer.  Followed by another trip to Paleto to reload if you want to do multiple deliveries for the same location.  I tested this out a bit and these take 20-30 minutes (with VIP loading speedup) a piece to complete this circle for what's likely 1-2K.  I've noticed general store orders sitting unfulfilled for 1-2 days lately which was very unlikely to happen prior to the trailers being brought back in, and I believe this extra time is a direct contributor to that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is indeed. I would definitely massively +1 the idea of having another trailer Depot that you can choose to pull from in Paleto. I'd also add maybe having a fuel depot in sandy or grapeseed for fuel stations that side.

Would love to see more loading options for different goods. Its kinda lame that only 1 depot per "catagory". Would be nice to have two per "catagory" and two trailer pickups ( 1 in city and 1 in paleto)

27 minutes ago, Hector2Fingers said:

I would disagree with @Requiem's statement saying trucking provides good income.  It certainly CAN if you get the right orders.  However, if you're doing orders that require loading in Paleto (general store, gun store) for delivery on Route 68 for example, you're driving from the trailer yard to Paleto to load, to 68 for the delivery, then back to the city to get another trailer.  Followed by another trip to Paleto to reload if you want to do multiple deliveries for the same location.  I tested this out a bit and these take 20-30 minutes (with VIP loading speedup) a piece to complete this circle for what's likely 1-2K.  I've noticed general store orders sitting unfulfilled for 1-2 days lately which was very unlikely to happen prior to the trailers being brought back in, and I believe this extra time is a direct contributor to that.

There is existing data that shows that trucking payouts are good as they are. Yes, sometime the pay won't be as good, but thats balanced with the times where you will make higher than average. 

Having to run back for a trailer is soul destroying and plain unfun, this plus the fact you now do what 80kmph? with certain loads, if you are lucky uphill etc. Balancing it monetarily would have been fine, but as it is now its just no fun to do.

Instead the nerf of having to go back for a trailer was coupled with the nerf to speed when hauling fuel etc (not sure if you just go slow with every load now? i couldn't tolerate it long enough to check) meaning it halved in profitability (if not more) plus became a chore.

I enjoyed trucking because I was out on the map, able to strategize my drops and chill out. Instead im now running to the middle of nowhere near garbage every load to pick up a trailer that's probably gonna desync and lose me 15minutes of time, 50% of the time. Or im driving impossibly slow to the point you cant go uphills with a load on, to then c0 and lose my job and my time.

IMO it should be completely reverted and just halve the money made if the profit was a concern. As it stands with the double nerf, its definitely not a good or fun way to make money.

Making it mandatory to go back for a trailer makes the job even worse for someone like me who has frequent c0s because i can no longer go from one job to another, say from route 68 to paleto cargo then to lost MC snacks because my chance of c0ing by the time i do the same job now is much higher (as well as being much slower, less profitable and less fun)