quizzlytv

Progress levels on CIVILIAN JOBS

Make levels from 1 to 10 for all civilian jobs the higher lvl you are the higher the payment you get. Getting higher lvl could be determined by how long you are doing the job or by how many tasks you have completed(example worker). Also if you quit job or change job your progress will be lost and you will have to start from lvl 1 again.

Also i would love to see a increase on base income based on how much you have worked on a civilian job but this would have a limit at 3000 maybe?
For example you do 2 full routes as bus driver now you will get 1000+50 as base income.

Edited by quizzlytv
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

A way I could see it working is:

• 10 levels per job
  • Working 1 hour in a day gets you +1 level up
  • Missing a day gets you -1 level
  • /license shows any job ID cards you're above say a 5 on e.g.
    • [Road Worker] Construction Operative ((8/10))
    • [Burger Shot] Senior Crew Member ((6/10))
    • The ((x/10)) only being visible when you do /license normally without an ID so you can see your own skill level but others can not

There is a major opportunity for fleshing out most freelance jobs here for what I feel is rather little dev work as there are already ways of tracking days logged in (free credits) and time worked (burger shot hourly wage) so it would effectively just be scaling pay or action time against this “level” to start with then maybe extras later on.

I don't think it should be reset upon joining a new job as I don't think we should penalise someone opting for variety or being a jack of all trades. If someone wants to spend 3 hours a day with an hour on 3 different jobs to maintain a high skill level then I think that could be good.

Here are some potential benefits of being high-level for some jobs (Either scaling per level, or just literally once you hit rank 9/10, 9 so you have a day of grace you can miss now and then):

Fishing:

• The time between catches decreases
  • Chance at catching a “big fish” which sells for more

Road worker:

• Incidents yield more money
  • Action time shorter
  • Different uniform
  • Access to new vehicle

Burger shot:

• Ability to make a special burger (replenishes more hunger and costs more but takes more ingredients and ‘skill’ to make)
  • Base pay/hour
  • Different uniform

Money truck:

• Action timer shorter
  • Pay
  • The choice to pick a short-distance job or a long-distance one or maybe just /requestnewjob that can be used once between jobs

Trucker:

• More truck options (rented, not their own)
  • Pay
  • Some special tag on CB radio before every message e.g. "Player 45: [Senior Trucker] Hey guys"
    • I know there'd be no way to know this over the radio but it'd foster recognising regulars maybe

Farmer: (Credit to Quizzly)

• Shorter timer for wheat to grow
  • Better wheat quality chance (bags of grain sell for slightly more)
  • Different uniform

Bus Driver: (Credit to Squirtle)

• More routes available
  • Bonus pay if they return the vehicle with 900+ health
  • Different uniform
  • More bus options (Shuttle bus for example)

Looking at the above quick ideas, I'd say easy wins for an initial version would just be pay scaling, different uniform, faster actions, and /license changes as one or all of these apply to most freelance jobs and would improve a lot of them.

Edited by Ash
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Instead of being reset to 1 I feel like slowly decaying over time is better for people who like to jump around the jobs or would want to juggle more than one, otherwise, job experience that affects pay or maybe speed of actions on the job would be cool

Maybe even different uniforms or vehicle options. Someone grinding road work might get an orange high vis or something and only take 90% of the time a newbie would do something , or a different bus option for bus job, or chance at “big fish” item when fishing etc

Might not even need to make it xp based but level based. For example working 1 hour in a day gets you +1 level, missing a day gets you -1 level. Up to say 10. So it encourages consistency over grinding 

Major opportunity for fleshing out most freelance jobs here for what I feel is rather little dev work as there’s already ways of tracking days logged in (free credits) and time worked (burger shot hourly wage) so it would effectively just be scaling pay or action time against this “level” to start with then maybe extras later on.

edit: Here are some potential benifits for being high level for some jobs:

Fishing:

- time between catches

- chance at catching a “big fish” which sells for more

Road worker:

- Pay increase

- action time shorter

- Different uniform

- access to new vehicle

Burger shot:

- ability to make a special burger (replenishes more hunger and costs more but takes more ingredients and ‘skill’ to make)

- pay

- uniform change

Money truck:

- action timer shorter

- pay

- choice to pick shirt distance job or long distance

Trucker:

- more truck rental options

- pay

- some special tag on cb radio

Farmer

-Shorter timer for wheat to grow

-Better wheat quality chance

-More Pay per wheat?

-Different Uniform Color

• Like 1

Added it 🙂 Burger shot and road worker were a major leap for freelance jobs, this would be a nice addition to upgrade the rest of the existing jobs. Also added a bit about an idea I had of showing your rank in /license if you're over level 5

Edited by Ash

Useful one for Bus Drivers:

• More pay for more experience
  • Extra pay for returning the vehicle < 950 HP (Give credit some turns are tight and you can't negate taking down a traffic light)
  • Pay reduction for speeding above 5 km/h on the roads legal limit (Realistically a bus driver would adhere to all rules of the road or they'd lose their CDL license or be suspended without question as it's GPS monitored, and regulated)
  • Exclusive efficient routes?
Edited by SquirtleSquad
  • hand 1

1 hour ago, SquirtleSquad said:

Exclusive efficient routes?

More options for routes is a really good suggestion, as is a bonus available for returning the vehicle in decent condition. I added them to my list 😄

I do think freelance jobs could penalise you based on speeding, and like the other things suggested is basically already implemented (DMV driving test) but I also think it's a bit out of the scope of the suggestion and more of a general update that would be neat for freelance jobs

Edited by Ash
  • YAY 1

I do like the suggestion but I worry it's all a bit unbalanced. Some of the jobs require more cooperative efforts relying on other players versus jobs that do not. The end goal is role-playing so the rewards should be pointed towards such rather than just adherence to working so to speak. This would shift all focus to the "non-solo" jobs and not the solo jobs.

Fishing/trucker/mining/garbage man/money truck/bus driver/farmer/courier/would all can be considered solo jobs as they really don't really require any interaction with other players to complete. 

Burgershot/Road worker/coroner are the jobs that are really tough to be able to done without interaction with other players.

-Burgershot has the requirement of talking to customers or other employees to complete orders 

-Road workers are constantly interacting and talking with one another so not responding would be a bit odd.

-Coroners generally rely on other players to report bodies to collect. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't do the solo jobs but we should focus on rewarding player interaction rather than grinding scripted jobs alone.

Edited by Wifye
Spelling

On 1/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, quizzlytv said:

Make levels from 1 to 10 for all civilian jobs the higher lvl you are the higher the payment you get. Getting higher lvl could be determined by how long you are doing the job or by how many tasks you have completed(example worker). Also if you quit job or change job your progress will be lost and you will have to start from lvl 1 again.

Also i would love to see a increase on base income based on how much you have worked on a civilian job but this would have a limit at 3000 maybe?
For example you do 2 full routes as bus driver now you will get 1000+50 as base income.

+1

On 1/4/2024 at 1:24 PM, Ash said:

A way I could see it working is:

• 10 levels per job
  • Working 1 hour in a day gets you +1 level up
  • Missing a day gets you -1 level
  • /license shows any job ID cards you're above say a 5 on e.g.
    • [Road Worker] Construction Operative ((8/10))
    • [Burger Shot] Senior Crew Member ((6/10))
    • The ((x/10)) only being visible when you do /license normally without an ID so you can see your own skill level but others can not

There is a major opportunity for fleshing out most freelance jobs here for what I feel is rather little dev work as there are already ways of tracking days logged in (free credits) and time worked (burger shot hourly wage) so it would effectively just be scaling pay or action time against this “level” to start with then maybe extras later on.

I don't think it should be reset upon joining a new job as I don't think we should penalise someone opting for variety or being a jack of all trades. If someone wants to spend 3 hours a day with an hour on 3 different jobs to maintain a high skill level then I think that could be good.

Here are some potential benefits of being high-level for some jobs (Either scaling per level, or just literally once you hit rank 9/10, 9 so you have a day of grace you can miss now and then):

Fishing:

• The time between catches decreases
  • Chance at catching a “big fish” which sells for more

Road worker:

• Incidents yield more money
  • Action time shorter
  • Different uniform
  • Access to new vehicle

Burger shot:

• Ability to make a special burger (replenishes more hunger and costs more but takes more ingredients and ‘skill’ to make)
  • Base pay/hour
  • Different uniform

Money truck:

• Action timer shorter
  • Pay
  • The choice to pick a short-distance job or a long-distance one or maybe just /requestnewjob that can be used once between jobs

Trucker:

• More truck options (rented, not their own)
  • Pay
  • Some special tag on CB radio before every message e.g. "Player 45: [Senior Trucker] Hey guys"
    • I know there'd be no way to know this over the radio but it'd foster recognising regulars maybe

Farmer: (Credit to Quizzly)

• Shorter timer for wheat to grow
  • Better wheat quality chance (bags of grain sell for slightly more)
  • Different uniform

Bus Driver: (Credit to Squirtle)

• More routes available
  • Bonus pay if they return the vehicle with 900+ health
  • Different uniform
  • More bus options (Shuttle bus for example)

Looking at the above quick ideas, I'd say easy wins for an initial version would just be pay scaling, different uniform, faster actions, and /license changes as one or all of these apply to most freelance jobs and would improve a lot of them.

+ 1 000 000 ,and give this man a beer !!! XD 100% good idea