Demonmit1

Roleplay Fund Application to support RP heavy characters (stimulus checks)

• Who is the suggestion for?
    - Players who have a dedicated, good roleplay character that actively provides positive roleplay experiences in the server, that within their RP, have costs associated with doing said RP, who don't want to grind money making methods that have nothing to do with their characters RP
  • Why is the suggestion being made?
    - To allow players who have shown their dedication and prowess in roleplaying a character that overall provides positive experiences for people who they interact with, to not be forced to grind for hours to get their character started, or to maintain their character's RP.

• What are the pros and/or cons of the suggestion?
    - Pros:
    supporting active players on the server to RP good characters without having to grind out starting funds or funds to maintain their characters RP.
    - Cons:
    Ripe for abuse, favoritism, metagaming
    extra work for server staff to filter through, approve or deny applications
    potential to increase inflation by spawning in money

• How should the suggestion be implemented?
    - Set up a application members can fill out, explaining their character, and why they need in game currency to fund their RP.

So, this is basically the idea:
    Make a system where people can apply to get given a small amount of cash upfront to kickstart their character's RP, or to get occasional "stimulus check" to financially support a character being played.

alright, I already know what you're thinking. this dude just wants free money spawned in for him so he can fuck around and buy shit without putting any work into it.
    on the surface? yeah basically
    getting deep into it? still yes, but it would be HEAVILY regulated.

obviously the staff would have to review each application to make sure it is up to their expectations
    I would say it would be reasonable that the character would have to be an alt, and always stay as an alt, or you will lose access the extra funds.
    the funds would have to be strictly enforced to be personal use only. no gifting, no buying things from friends, no buying things to help support friends. 
    your character should most likely not be involved with any legal or illegal faction, at least anything deeper than a surface level. If your character is capable of generating cash from just being a part of a faction, you shouldn't be considered to receive these funds. 
    I would say your character would be disqualified if they're involved in any form of violent crimes against other players, outside of extremely specific circumstances. these funds shouldn't be used for buying guns and causing mayhem. 
    in terms of just a 1 time cash injection, it would be heavily limited to a small, reasonable amount to help you get your character that boost they need to get started with a vehicle or whatever, we're not talking fancy cars or houses here.
    in terms of a continuous "stimulus check" payment, it would likely be heavily limited to something like, if you have more than $10,000 in your bank, the stimulus checks stop. a reasonable amount of cash on a character to function for repairs, fines, etc. far from anything game breaking.

let me put it in another way to explain it.
    I have a character, that is not my main legal, or my crim character. its a third alt character I personally enjoy playing quite a bit, but i never intended on having any long term plans for that character, and I have no intention on spending time grinding money on that character to work towards earning something new on it. that character entirely lives off of the $1000 government paychecks, and donations i get from players who appreciate the RP i provide with that character, knowing full well that the costs of playing that character ad up over time. 

I really didn't enjoy having to grind out 8+ hours of some job that has nothing to do with my characters RP to buy the basic vehicle he has, and its a slog to grind out 2-3 hours of money every time I get the character in trouble going to prison. (no violent crime, at most evading or drug possession) If i want to grind out making some money, i would be much better served doing that on my legal or crim, that have those long term goals, and any time i spend grinding money to support playing this third alt just detracts from my enjoyment and my ability to consistently provide good RP experiences for others who interreact with him. im extremely appreciative of the players who send that character money to help support that RP, but i wish there was a system available for players to apply for to get that funding if they can prove that their character is deserving of the support.

anyways. thanks for reading my no sleep ramble on asking for free money. thanks.

TL:DR let players apply for a admin provided small regulated fund to support players alt characters in their RP, so they can RP their characters and not waste time grinding out money to fund it.

Edited by Demonmit1
adjusted the stimulus check max from $30k to $10k ion the suggestion.

The current ecosystem of the server wouldn't really be accepting of this addition, but it's not an inherently bad idea. The issue would be that it does introduce many, if not all, of the cons presented in your initial argument. To give a character a kickstart, we permit transfer requests within reason if you want to check those out here

Should a player play a truly heavy RP character that doesn't have time to grind for money, they'll likely get donations or other hookups from people they meet. If you're trying to circumvent the system by doing high costs stuff without putting time or money in, it'll just cripple the idea in the first place. There always has to be effort vs risks vs reward.

21 minutes ago, Wifye said:

Should a player play a truly heavy RP character that doesn't have time to grind for money, they'll likely get donations or other hookups from people they meet. If you're trying to circumvent the system by doing high costs stuff without putting time or money in, it'll just cripple the idea in the first place. There always has to be effort vs risks vs reward.

trying to circumvent the system by doing high costs stuff

not at all. the suggestion was to have a system in place to apply for your character to get bigger government checks that only work if you're under a certain threshold, like $5,000-$10,000 total between your bank and salary. thats why it would need to be regulated and moderated to not be abused. but theres only so much potential things you can abuse with a mechanic that gives you $5k if you run out of money on a character anyways, and would be easily caught by staff who would have to approve the character and the use of the money beforehand.

ive been at a point where i cant afford toll booths, i cant afford to park my car, i cant afford to heal myself, i can barely afford food, i cant take vehicles out of impound cause its $3,000 every time. lol

image.png

Edited by Demonmit1

12 minutes ago, Demonmit1 said:

trying to circumvent the system by doing high costs stuff

not at all. the suggestion was to have a system in place to apply for your character to get bigger government checks that only work if you're under a certain threshold, like $5,000-$10,000 total between your bank and salary. thats why it would need to be regulated and moderated to not be abused. but theres only so much potential things you can abuse with a mechanic that gives you $5k if you run out of money on a character anyways, and would be easily caught by staff who would have to approve the character and the use of the money beforehand.

ive been at a point where i cant afford toll booths, i cant afford to park my car, i cant afford to heal myself, i can barely afford food, i cant take vehicles out of impound cause its $3,000 every time. lol

image.png

I understand where you're coming from but playing a crim character that results in going broke from jail, fines, impound fees, and all else is part of the system honestly. As a legal character, my numbers have looked that many times from people stealing then zeroing out or chopping my vehicles that result in 30k+ repair costs. Just the other day I couldn't afford tolls, gas, or food after getting a stolen car back and fixed in Paletto and was forced to run the bus route there a couple of times to get some cash again.

It sucks when times are hard but it helps you appreciate things more and plan out things better. The freelance jobs pay well enough to get your feet back on the ground and don't take a ton of time to do.