WakeUpFilthy

Mass unban

Hello everyone.

Me, my friend Modie and other guys came up with the idea of making a mass unban. Youre prob thinking wtf is this guy on but let me explain xD.

Since the server is kind off dead, (and has been for quite some time) i think this could be a solution to the problem. Of course people are still playing but its nothing compared to how it used to be when the server used to have 500 players daily. I believe everyone deserves a second chance even if it would take some risk.

So here is my idea:

Only unban the guys who have not been part in severe rulebreaks. This would be like Cheating, Dso, Hacking. The people who did this would either get their stuff wiped or just stay banned. The people who are getting unbanned are put on probation for 3 months. If they break the rules they got banned for, they instantly get banned again.

Since A LOT of players are banned, and many of them want to come back aswell, i think this could be a solution for the problem. This would def help crim rp to become more exciting and more fun again. If more crim people would play -> More gangs -> more rp -> more fun.

I think it would benefit the server a lot since there would be more people in the server, meaning a lot more activities, more opportunities for good RP and potentially more gangs and legals. I even think this would benefit the people who arent playing anymore just because their friend got banned and they lost motivation to play. This would maybe get some players back aswell since they can play with their friend again. People have stopped playing the server because nothing is going on, with this they might prob come back aswell and see if it would be worth again to play.

There would be more action all around the city and not just around the popular places like Burgershot, City parking and LS bank, meaning more RP.

With this there could be some downsides aswell since there are some people who prob just would come on the server again to make trouble. Since they would be on trial for 3 months many guys wouldnt dare to break a rule or take some risks. If there are some people who are breaking rules again, just ban them and never unban them again, theyve got their chance. Admins would need to do more work looking out for those who got unbanned and to keep everything fair, but when people report them ingame or on forums, the admins would see if this are some people who got unbanned recently and could decide if they want to ban them again. I think it would be a great addition to the server.

This idea would bring risk, but im sure this would help the server A LOT. If more guys would play again the server would be more alive and would bring more guys to start on the server. More rp, more gangs, more everything. If everything just stays the way it is now, the server will slowly becoming more and more dead.

• Like 4
  • dead 2

Fewer players who know the rules > more players who can’t follow pretty basic rules.

If you’re on an indefinite ban then you either proved you can’t follow the basic rules by repeat offending or did something rather bad.

As mentioned by Larvey above, if someone’s ban doesn’t fall into one of the serious categories mentioned in the initial post, they can appeal and have a solid chance at coming back if they can prove they understand what went wrong. Blanket unbanning imo is bad and not needed

Edited by Ash
  • hand 1

42 minutes ago, Harveyyy said:

Players that were banned for nonsevere rulebreaks always end up getting unbanned. The appeals section is there for a reason. If you wish to comeback, just post a ban appeal.

from my experience for a ban appeal to be processed it takes about 2-4 weeks which is a long time to wait too. and a lot of the ban appeals just get denied and people are told to wait 1-3 months to make another one which gives them even less motivation to make an appeal for it having 80% chance of denial.

Edited by exaal
  • Like 3

+1 - Free the guys

Cheating, DSO, Ban Evading should be out of the question, however I think bans like DM and NonRP are honestly very common as people do make mistakes, I know some good RPers that contributed a lot to the server that got banned because of 2 DM's, and I know some terrible RPers who should have been banned from the get-go.

Those who really do not want to play the server are those who evade, those who cheat and those who DSO, the rest are all just people who made mistakes.

• Like 3

+1 tbh 

in my opinion the ones who didnt break any severe rules should be allowed back and given a last chance. For example 3 months probation, and if they cant abide by the rules in that 3 months just ban them again. The risk vs reward in the situation is that the rewards hugely out weighs the risk and the reward would be a very highly populated server with more RP opportunities and fun for everyone not just crim. And the risk is only that they come back break a rule in their last chance during the probation and get banned again.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Melodiz Bashkimi said:

+1 - Free the guys

Cheating, DSO, Ban Evading should be out of the question, however I think bans like DM and NonRP are honestly very common as people do make mistakes, I know some good RPers that contributed a lot to the server that got banned because of 2 DM's, and I know some terrible RPers who should have been banned from the get-go.

Those who really do not want to play the server are those who evade, those who cheat and those who DSO, the rest are all just people who made mistakes.

i agree with this ,just don't allow cheaters,dso people back, and let everyone back in, ther server will be more alive, pop will be atleast 400 and thats good for the server some people can't be asked appealing cause they get rejected first time then they need to reappeal after months  and most of  people don't like  that .

• Like 1

Blanket unbans are not a good idea. People get banned for good reason and this would cause nothing but problems. Also, you make it sound easy to just "Ban them again" during their supposed probationary period. Who has to monitor all these people during their probationary period? Who has to ban them when they likely break the rules again? You have to remember that there are limited mods/admins in the server and they all work as volunteers with their free time. This would be too large a burden on server staff to do something like this...in addition to the inevitable lower quality RP the server would face from bringing back rule breakers all at once. 

Aside from my good friend Mick Reefer who was banned back in 2020 by he who shall not be named, there shouldn't be any unbans for those permanently excluded from the community. You know how bad you have to actually fuck up to be permanently banned from Eclipse?

There was an entire server that popped up full of those players and look how that ended up.

Why would we want to add that kind of poison back to our playerbase? For every player we regain in short term, we lose down the way through either them being re-banned or from being sick of the actions of those sort of people.

A mass unban is a sign of desperation from an RP server. We're nowhere near that desperate.

• YAY 1
  • NAY 2

21 minutes ago, Bala said:

You know how bad you have to actually fuck up to be permanently banned from Eclipse?

This tbh.

Theres very rarely a “whoops I made an oopsie I will learn from it”, people like that appeal and mostly get back in. You have to repeatedly show you don’t give a shit about the rules or do something really bad for an indefinite ban to the point of “appeal in several months”. 

Relevant link from 2021 suggestion of the same kind that was also referenced last year when this was also suggested:

Edited by Ash

Hello,

Any banned player is able to create an appeal to attempt to return to the community and respectfully, it is not our job to tell them they are allowed to appeal; they are the ones that need to take that leap. We uphold a strong stance on reasons such as (but not limited to) Cheating, DSO, and Severe OOC Toxicity, and those players will remain banned without question. Anyone who is banned for anything such as a DM, NRP, etc is able to and most likely has a chance at appealing depending on different circumstances surrounding their appeal such as (again, but not limited to) time and sincerity; but of course, that is all judged on a case-by-case basis per person and per appeal.

It would not be healthy for the server for us to mass-unban those who have shown a clear disregard or a lack of understanding of the server rules to be allowed back without going through the proper avenues we have set in place to ensure that they have actually learned from past mistakes and now understand the rules to the point that they will provide something positive to the server rather than cause a headache to staff and other players with their conduct as they did to get themselves previously banned.

The guys can free themselves by making an appeal here.

Archived.