Add a timer to when you wanna lock your cars.

I don't think its realistic that you can instantly lock your car, I feel like there should at least be a 2 second timer on locking your car as its unrealistic and I see PD always locking their cars before they get out and shoot, but realistically if your getting shot at, the last thing you'd be worried about is locking your car to return fire.

• Like 1
  • NAY 3

A couple of issue I see with your suggestion. First off, even if it took several seconds to lock your car, it can just be locked before getting out, so when you do get out, its already locked anyways and this change would be pointless. Secondly, you seem to have a very specific example given here...the health and betterment of the player base and server should be thought of as the priority and not just rhetorical examples. 

I believe that if all players had to wait to lock their vehicles, the number of instances where someone just runs over to someone else's car after its unlocked or someone gets out and the car just gets stolen will go up dramatically and cause a higher rate of NRP rule breaks and be largely negative for the server. Overall, due to the above reasons, I have to disagree overall with suggestion. 

• Like 2

Why are you mentioning PD in this suggestion? Everyone does the same thing in the server, whether they are PD, Crim, or Civ. Nobody wants to pay a 16-20k chop price after waking up at MD. The first thing I would worry about before getting into a shootout is if I have anything important on me other than guns, and the same goes for cars(whether they are locked or not).

Regarding the suggestion, I think the current system is perfect and doesn't need any tweaking.

On 7/23/2023 at 5:46 PM, zaygmto said:

I don't think its realistic that you can instantly lock your car, I feel like there should at least be a 2 second timer on locking your car as its unrealistic and I see PD always locking their cars before they get out and shoot, but realistically if your getting shot at, the last thing you'd be worried about is locking your car to return fire.

That's more than realistic - to unlock and lock my IRL car its tikes less than 2 sec so we don't'see any problem into this ! BIG NO