Shane Steel

Introduction of Game Wardens

I am an avid outdoorsman both in and out of the game. I am curious about thoughts introducing hunting and fishing regulations  as well as fish and game officers into the game. I believe that this would introduce yet another layer to the RP experience. Examples would be hunting and fishing licenses, bag limits, and the need for blaze orange while hunting. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 3:40 AM, Shane Steel said:

I am an avid outdoorsman both in and out of the game. I am curious about thoughts introducing hunting and fishing regulations  as well as fish and game officers into the game. I believe that this would introduce yet another layer to the RP experience. Examples would be hunting and fishing licenses, bag limits, and the need for blaze orange while hunting. 

Interesting suggestion, would be a nice QOL update. Most people who have been around for a while won't really want to change it up to this though.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:40 AM, Shane Steel said:

That's a cool idea but the changes should come from the government in-character. Maybe SD can enforce the regulations/laws until something new can be implemented if necessary.

I already get fucked by game wardens on red dead, not tryn get fucked on Eclipse too.

Also too complicated and too much script/legal work for a freelance job. It’s hunting people want to just go get in their truck, grab their knives and bags, and do some hunting. Not have to look up all of the regulations in regards to it.

For fishing, it’s used as a social mechanic. People go to the pier and fish to get social interactions and RP with people, I don’t see a need to add regulations on it.

• Like 1

+1

Server needs script updates though and there isn't enough developers to do that unfortunately.

Add various types of fish, different rods/bait, make some fish only catchable by boat.

Add a scoped hunters rifle that does very little damage on human targets but kills animals easily, add licenses for hunting, increase spawn rate for large game etc ..

But again all this would take at least a year to get done