Shimo

Passengers being able to set GPS location in a vehicle.

Simply put, if there's a GPS in a vehicle, passengers should be able to set a waypoint for the driver. While most locations can be described, others are a bit tricky. Being able to place a waypoint for others would be quite useful, especially for DCC.

Of course, there could be abuse, however it's pretty common for players to screenshot their map with the location selected and RP sending it to the other person, this would simply make it easier. It should also be disabled for injured players, as it would most likely be abused to annoy medics/LEOs by changing their waypoints if they're already en route to a location.

Can also add a command to disable gps access or to lock the selected location, (RPly the GPS could be locked with a pin code or something like that and only the driver would be able to adjust it in that situation)

(I know /setgps exists, however that only works with a street number, some roads don't have any buildings along them, so it won't work in those cases)

Alternatively, it could be added to phones as a "share location" feature in messages and clicking on it will mark a waypoint.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, Tom Solar said:

Heya buddy, although I do appreciate propositions that might improve taxi roleplay, I fear this one doesn't.

This would kinda ruin customer interaction, next to being unrealistic.

"customer steps in, places the location on the gps, silence...."

? This wouldn't stop the taxi driver just simply asking "Where to" like they do now...

• Like 1

I like the idea and honestly I think Pegasus_ comment would improve the concept as well. it would avoid messing with other peoples way points and help with trying to go to a specific location a lot easier. As long as they can implement something to avoid the abuse for medics, taxi drivers and anyone else they don't know when someone's in their car, I could see this helping a lot.
+1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, Tom Solar said:

Heya buddy, although I do appreciate propositions that might improve taxi roleplay, I fear this one doesn't.

This would kinda ruin customer interaction, next to being unrealistic.

"customer steps in, places the location on the gps, silence...."

u don't tell ubers where you're going, all done via the phone

11 hours ago, hrxvey said:

u don't tell ubers where you're going, all done via the phone

This is a roleplay server though, I get that its super easy to just +1 an idea that makes your characters life "easyer" but you have to think about how it can make the roleplay better.

Explaining a location will always be more interesting then escape, 3 klicks, escape again, "i put it on gps"