FAustin

Money as a physical item.

I just want to get peoples opinions on making cash/pocket money a physical item. I think it could skip the awkward robbery points of /do would he find any money? and taking the money. https://imgur.com/Dl3Dj8C  This is a good example of how cash is made a physical item in a server. Banking would stay the same. You go to an ATM and take money out, you get the item, you deposit and the item goes out of your inv and into your bank. You can still buy things through the bank and whatsoever.

Just to put as a counterargument if anybody does say this takes away from rp, It really doesn't the /me's and /do's of the robbery are purely there to stop powergaming and provide no real roleplay to anybody apart from a fraction of the community who might rp hiding their cash... Which they can still do. The interaction during a robbery is the real rp not the "/me frisks the man fast" etc...

Thanks for reading. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Payn said:

-1 fine as it is

Fair enough. Appreciate the feedback. I understand many players have played with this system for years now and probably don't want change. I think it would help with a slight retouch to the server and would stop things like cops or people missing money when searching you. Realistically if you chopped a car and had 15k in cash on you, it would not be missed and thats for sure. 

2 hours ago, HighTV said:

On death pocket money should become an item so it doesn't just poof.
Then right click and 'use' on the money item sends it to your pocket.

I do not think all money should be forced into an item though for QOL. 

Why though? how does it affect the quality of life.

It would be cool to be able to pack money with certain tools and plastic film for packaging. We'd still have the pocket money but packed cash would make deals faster or you could simply store it in safes to lower your tax bracket. You get taxed less but if someone robs you, you lose a lot.

5 hours ago, HighTV said:

On death pocket money should become an item so it doesn't just poof.
Then right click and 'use' on the money item sends it to your pocket.

I do not think all money should be forced into an item though for QOL. 

i agree with this and it dosent need to be complicated like it just turns into a money pack with the amount you had before you die should be good enough tbh

Just now, pooria said:

i agree with this and it dosent need to be complicated like it just turns into a money pack with the amount you had before you die should be good enough tbh

Yeah, im starting to see that people dont want to complicate the system more. The point that @HighTV made is fairly solid. I can stand by that, changing the system so just dropped money or money on a body is an item and not lost is a better idea.

Massive +1, only 2 downsides I see as ow now:

1) it probably would take a lot of time to implement, knowing how much of updates are already planned and in progress

2) money would probably be put at unrealistic weight, say 5 volume for 100$... If it would be, say, 0.1 vol per 1000$ then yeah it would be somewhat realistic

• Like 1

+/- I think physical money is great and could boost rp ops but with the current state of the UI would be more trouble than what it is really worth. If we ever get a new UI that would allow for the selection of a certain amount of items then I think it would be great to do. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 9:51 PM, TheCactus said:

It would be cool to be able to pack money with certain tools and plastic film for packaging. We'd still have the pocket money but packed cash would make deals faster or you could simply store it in safes to lower your tax bracket. You get taxed less but if someone robs you, you lose a lot.

The only issue with this is interpretations from LEO. There'd have to be more data available to LEO's, or create more scripts limited to DB, or those trained from DB to identify the location of the Packed Money. It just adds a spider web of complexity and issues, but not a bad idea otherwise. It'll just incur more confusion on charges if someone is arrested for something else, and this is found on them.